New Forum Launched - Report bugs here

admin

Hi, love the new look.

there is no option to run the desk top site when you are using the mobile site on iphone6.

also, in the mobile version sometimes when you are typing in forum headings or topic headings or tags in the relevant boxes, the word you are typing doesn't show until you commit the word or tag to post. It does then show correctly but it's really hard to know how you are spelling etc until you already pressed return.

one love.

Exodus Please

• Like 1

Admin, this is such a hassle.  I don't mean to be a complainer.  I'm not angry or anything like that.  I am smiling as I write this, and I know that you need this feedback in order to trouble-shoot the new forum software, so here goes: 

1.  The forum is hanging when I try to upload 10 pictures at a time.  (The former upload limit per "SAVE" used to be 10 pictures).  Each time it hangs, I lose all my entered text.  I have discovered that in order to preserve my work, just before clicking on the forum's "SAVE" button, I must copy and paste my "hopeful upload" into a Word document before saving to the forum.  That way, if the upload fails, I can copy and paste or re-type my post from the Word document.

2.  Additionally, the pictures are still appearing in the reverse order as uploaded.  OK, for the future, until this is fixed, I shall have to first upload my pictures in the reverse order, and then edit and edit and edit my text to match the order that the pictures appear.  This reverse appearance of pictures also necessitates that the pictures cannot be uploaded in groups.  In order for us to achieve the order that we desire, we are forced to upload them individually.  

3.  Geez, now I have noticed yet another problem:  If you save between sets of pictures, then even the saved sets appear in the wrong order.  So, now, for each post, we must upload ALL the pictures INDIVIDUALLY and completely finish the REVERSE ORDER selection BEFORE saving, otherwise the "SAVED-groupings" will also appear in an unpredictable order.

This couldn't have occurred at a worse moment.  This is happening right as we are nearing the end of a presentation contest.  Not good.  But I shall try to keep my presentation going.  It is just much much more difficult now.

We just have to stay positive and trust that it can all be fixed.

Thank you for all your efforts.

• Like 1

OK, I thought that I had discovered another forum software defect, but it was only an unexpected difficulty.  But since others might also run into this difficulty, I shall describe it and outline the navigation that is available to overcome the difficulty.

If you upload pictures without entering any text, and then Save them to the forum with the intention of returning via "edit" to enter your text, at first it seems that there is no where to enter your new text.  In fact, at first, there is NO field to enter the new text.  But I finally found the Icon to open the texting field.  The Icon is found (after you have clicked on "edit") at the upper-left corner of the field of pictures, and looks like 2 pieces of empty paper, one laying on the other.  When you click on that "paper-on-paper" Icon, the texting field will then open, and then you can enter your text.

Admin, here's another bug:

The forum software ignores orientation attributes initiated from Microsoft 10 Operating System Picture Management Software. 

Example, if you take a picture upside-down or sideways, and then straighten it up in your normal Windows Operating System Software, when you upload that picture into the forum, those orientation attributes are ignored by the forum software, and although the picture was right-side-up on your computer, the forum will display the picture with its original orientation and it will appear upside-down or sideways.

I have found a way to overcome this.  In your computer, once you have corrected the orientation with the Windows OS Software, then open the picture with MS Paint, then DO NOTHING except SAVE the picture.  Then exit MS Paint.  Now you can upload your picture to the forum and it will be displayed with the orientation as it was saved in MS Paint.

OK, just noticed another bug:     (EDIT:  This bug still occurs, but is only a problem during the time when one is entering text.  Whereas the dialog box blocks the view of text during the writing of text and immediately after "saving" the text, it does eventually disappear from the displayed thread after clicking away from and then returning to the thread.  I have left the below description intact in the event that the StrainHunter IT fellas want to further investigate this bug.)

When writing replies into a thread, if the username of another member is written in the reply, or when their username is written in conjunction with the symbol "@", then a small dialog box appears on the reply field.  The dialog box contains the Avatar of the mentioned member which is hyper-link active, but which leads to no where.  This dialog box is not moveable, and it blocks the view of text if text is written behind it.  In order to see the text, I have had to use the "Enter" button to push my text down below the dialog box.  Upon "Saving" the text into the forum, the dialog box is saved with the text and is displayed in the thread.  Here is a link to my thread where this occurred in my post on 24 March 2016. 

I have not been able to delete the mentioned dialog box containing the Avatar of the member Tokage.

(EDIT:  It did disappear when I clicked away from the thread and then returned to the thread.  Therefore, this bug seems to be no great threat, but rather it is a frustrating inconvenience in that some of the text is unable to be seen during the time that one is entering text.)

so if you name your images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  .jpg and so on

then drag and drop them to the file uploader, or even if u don't rename them and just drag a bunch of files, you can then insert them into your post with + 

It then posts everything properly. see my screen shots here (and my example above)

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 23.27.06.png
then press plus + in the order you want them inserted. make sure your cursor is where you want them.
Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 23.27.17.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 23.27.56.png

• Like 2

You guys are SUPER!  I have always been using "choose files" to grab my pictures for a given post.  But now, I see you are describing 2 or 3 different methods above.  I shall have to begin experimenting and mastering these additional methods.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Admin,

Nice work with the Layout and Color's. Since I'm new here I have yet to find out the one or the other Bug, but till now Looking GGOOODDD!! :clapping:

follow me on instagram : @xxl_kmg

best Regard's,

KMG

While surfing Wikileaks today, I stumbled across a link to a website that offers a server-hopping spy-defeating service called Tor. 

It offers its users greater internet anonymity.  Here's the link to an older thread where I posted some info on 5 April 2016: 

I am curious whether StrainHunters is using this system or some other similar system.

So Admin, is the StrainHunters server protected in this way?  And should we StrainHunter Members also sign-up for this free spy-defeating browser in order to double-up our security?

Woops!    I ran across a big problem when I tried to use the TOR server-hopping spy-defeating browser service to access Strain Hunters website.  The TOR service itself works just fine.  It routes your connection to the world-wide-web through a series of different servers which are member-servers within the TOR Network, and the last such server that makes the final connection to the destination server(such as the StrainHunters server) is the server that reports its DNS(not your DNS) to the destination server. 

The problem is that sometimes you get a connection with StrainHunters, and sometimes <ou don't.  And sometimes after you HAVE sucessfully connected, later in the session you will be blocked.  That blocking is not performed by the TOR Network, but rather by the StrainHunters server. That is easily determined because the StrainHunters Server displays an error code with instructions for the user to initiate further contact.

Ahaaaa!

It could be that the StrainHunters server is testing incoming connections for shortest "ping" possibilities. That would explain the case where an initial connection is established followed by a later disconnect.

Or it could be that the StrainHunters server is recording IP-Addresses that it has previously determined to be questionable, or proven spammers, or otherwise violators.  That would explain the immediate rejections.  Apparently many of the "bogus" IP-Addresses or IP-Addresses of the final server in the TOR chain of servers had previously violated StrainHunters Rules and are already on the banned list, and those IP-Addresses are immediately rejected.

On my first log-in using TOR, I was successfully able to make one post.  Upon logging out and logging in again under a different TOR session (each time, TOR announcing that I am being represented by a different DNS/IP-Address), I was able to log-in to Strain Hunters, but when I attempted to post a reply, I was BANNED FROM THE WEBSITE!  OH Nooooo!

I logged out of TOR, re-connected with TOR and logged-in to Strain Hunters again.  All was good again until I tried to submit a reply.  BANNED AGAIN!

I repeated the procedure, and this time the StrainHunters server rejected me right away.  After multiple attempts it seems that there is a 50/50 chance whether I get in or I am immediately blocked.

Each time I was banneed from the website, Strain Hunters reported to me an Error Code of 2S160/4, and gave me an opportunity to send a message to StrainHunters (IT-fellas) along with  my Username and my email address.  Not yet trusting that I was not being Spoofed by Dick Cheney and the NSA, I chose not to give any information, and I logged-out.  Then, using a normal browser, I was able to log-in to StrainHunters with no problem, so I know it is not my real DNS that has been banned each time, rather the DNS being reported to the StrainHunters server by the TOR-Network is being banned.

2S160/4

I found this very interesting, and saddening at the same time.  This means that we users will have a difficult time to remain anonymous to third-party spies who are trying to track our internet use, when we use server-hopping services because either:

1.  Many of the DNS/IP-Addresses used in those services have already been contaminated by spammers or violators, and are therefore already on a banned list with the StrainHunters server, or

2.  The StrainHunters server is performing "ping" tests to determine excessively long-duration traffic pathways, and then blocking such connections, supposedly so programmed to prevent spammers.

Good work, Strain Hunters, really.  You are doing a good job to protect the server and the forum.  For that, I am truly thankful.

Sadly, we members are still in the open and individually vulnerable to spying and tracking.

Hey Jose.gh,

Found a little problem in the Forum. The Search bar doesn't work properly. As I was just looking up the topic "AMS", the result was 0. Even though I started a thread just a day or so ago unter the Rubrik "Grow Indoor Journal". This means that my thread is not to find, if someone would ever look it up. ???

But anyways, thank for the feedback and working on fixing this Issue.

Follow me on Instagram: XXL KMG

Best regaurds, 

KMG