Considerations:

I have two different phenotypes of Bubblegum. As Leafly says in grow info:

• May express two different structures: one with minimal side branching, and another with more branching off of the primary stalk. Those without as much side branching should be thrown into flower early and clipped for height management, and are perfectly suited for sea of green (SOG) systems. Plants with fuller branches will take longer to mature, but will result in higher yields.
  • Slow growth during veg cycle, but speeds up in flowering

This is true! The coco plant (1st pheno) is a beast and the soil one (2nd pheno) is full of side branches.

I have two different Chocolate Mint phenotypes too, one with big fat irregular leaves and the other one is streamlined with little tiny regular leaves. Both plants are pretty little. They need 1 month of veg at least!

The Flowerbomb Kush is pretty the same to the previous, I hope she will produce that wonderfull smell I love!

p.s. Do you think the Choclate Mint in coco has a problem? Look at those leaves, they are strange, they have the color darker edges..

Hey jhumbert,

rechecked on the CM as I read your question....hmmm...good question....they seem to not like something but not too intense yet.

As I dont know your envo, those things may matter:

- EC accumulated in coco ? ( flushing isnever a bad idea if in question )

- PH  sky high or subzero ? ( add Dolomite Lime, it will keep it between 6-6.5 )

- Temps too hot or low during day or night ? ( Place a WeatherStation in there and check min/max temp day and night )

- Humidity same as above

- Trace Element deficit ?  What and how are you feeding...could it be that ? See EC / PH...FLUSH and feed standard solution.

It could also be that they just are as they are and you cant do anything about it but make it worse if u try fixing what aint broken !

Check if parameters are within limits, if not, correct and see, if correct then dont change.  Maybe measure EC from drainage from coco, first 200ml that come out, catch in pan and then check EC and PH

They dont really look bad, just showing up some spots where it could originate from

• Like 1

Thank you very much FIM, you are very exhaustive as always!

This plant has always been a little bit strange (like I told you, about the leaves), it could be she's just as like that, just genetic....

I'm not sure if I water correctly in coco. I'm using a pressure sprayer but I just add some solution to the medium untill it's  wet. I've never done it with drainage! (I do not know if I can explain). I have to water until I have the waste water like in soil?

Well, if you use salt based industrial fertilizer you should in general water so that a good amount of water runs out of the pot, say 20% is a good value.

If you do not water this way you will have to flush a lot sooner to avoid salt built up and may not have completely saturated the medium with new solution.

• Like 1

On 23-3-2016 at 10:19 AM, FIM said:

We do not have chlorine in our water in germany but I have been abroad many times, europe and usa...and most waters I came across, especially USA are plain ugly and non-drinkable out of the tab.  The chlorine always turned me off.

sure, having it stay open does help to get Cl out....any chance for massive rain water collecting ??

We cant use tapwater here in spain, but if you want to get ride of chlorine we open the bottle ..chlorine will dissapear after a while.

but we buy our water as long as its just a few, we can also get mountain or rain water, only the rainwater level on PH is very low while the tapwater is high ..

been gone a while, but read your interesting post, so have to comment a little, take care guys !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...