Ssh nft/dwc hybrid let with scrog

Raven07866

So nice little visit coming from the landlord on nonday :\ had to move the Goliath up stairs as he only wants to check the gas in the basement. What a job!! This thing has got out of  control!!  First image was before moving second in its new home 120x120 so a tad more room now. 

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

• Like 1

Well she made it. Moved twice up and down two flights of stairs, can't even begin to describe how sketchy that felt. Since being in the bigger tent she's expended a fair amount.

So she's back in the basement in the smaller tent now which is requiring the cool tube but all is looking well again.

pH 5.8 EC 1.8-2 

Knocked the pk13/14 up from 5ml to 7.5ml per 10l as she's asking for more.

_20160515_093041.JPG

• Like 2

Those are two nice ladies you have going on there :) And they are strong ladies with all those stories they have had and movement, but good for you you will have even better buds from it ^^ 

HJope you will like the smoke as well SSH is a really nice sativa smoke!

Have a good grow

• Like 1

Try using sticky pads ,if the plants are in veg I'd fly spray them as well but the gnats like to get into your medium, if you've got rock wool cube showing they get into the green shit that growers there,so doing a little cleanup in that area may help .a cheap alternative to the sticky pads is sticky fly paper if you can get it .its good to hang in your grow space but good to have some down where your medium is too.dont worry they're easy to keep on top of .

Get more air between the plants, stems, buds, leaves.....fungus comes from to high humidity coupled with only modest airflow..usually.

Yellow-Stickers might help, a better climiate will help too.  Take those leaves down under out..they are 1 cause for your humidity issue and useless in indoor cultivations.

Legs are usually 2/5 blank, if not 2/3 on taller girls ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flies have gone :D:D chuffed. But the leaves still seem to be yellowing. From what I can see the yellowing appears to be moving from the top downwards, would this be an iron deficiency or a nitrogen deficiency from the fungus gnat? Any suggestions on getting the girl green again? I cant have sat here for 5/6 months for it all go go tits up now :(

• Like 1

light green top to bottom is N def.

If the cause is gone they should recover in 7-10 days from N defs.

Many leaves...lots of places to hide for any kind of pest.   Have you thineed them out already and checked that enough fresh air cycles through your buds ?

Give them some time to recover, check temp & humidity and show some patience....if the culprit is gone the cure is near ;)

Fim

Raven, I totally agree with the suggestion to thin-out the leaves.

Look at each top and follow it's branch down to where it attaches to it's next branch or to the main stem.  Now remove all leaves and minor growth from the lower 1/3 or even 1/2 of that branch.

Here's why:

#1, those lower leaves contain virtually no THC and will not be any part of your final product, therefore no loss.

#2, those lower leaves are constantly in the shadow of the leaves above them, therefore unable to perform their share of the photosynthesis that they should. But at the same time, they still consume energy and nutrients from the plant in order to survive.  This robs the upper productive leaves and the new growth and the developing flowers of water and nutrients and energy that they could use for repairs and growth and production.

#3, when you remove leaves(yes, even if they are green), the plant responds by creating growth hormones that stimulate further leaf growth and flower production.

Don't be afraid to clean-away those lower shadowed leaves.  It really works.

The method is called Lolly-popping.  It makes the branches look more similar to lolly-pops in its initial stage, but the rewards are growth and resin production and reduced chances of pests or mold.

By the way, it looks to me that you are well into flowering stage, therefore no longer in need of so much nitrogen.  It appears to me that this plant(s) is well on its way toward harvest, but not quite there yet.  As long as it is still producing white hairs (pistils), then the plant is still producing flowers (and THC).  Have you switched your feeding away from N and more toward P and K?  That's where you should be at this time, in my opinion.

Also, if you think that you are within 2 weeks of harvest, stop feeding, and perform a good flush so that the plant can use those last 2 to 4 weeks of life to rid itself of salts and nutrients while the flowers mature.  Otherwise the smoke will be harsh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrap it up and start again, I'm sure you learned a lot from this grow so your next grows I'll be 100x better. Good job with your patience if you looking for calyx swell smash out indica (I prefer sativa myself)but it's all what you prefer and aim to grow. 

Start another grow journal so we cankers track of your movement

bw