Kalashnicova & Passion #1 Outdoor Grow 2016

gasmeter

Looking good mate,

on the seedling issue: I would say when the plant reaches adulthood (~3 weeks) is the time when it's no longer a seedling. Although  you need to consider the size and condition of the plant not just its age so when it comes to feeding plan I would just stick to common sense and observing the plant's reaction to whatever it's getting.

Wish you best of luck and happy growing,

G.

Hey Gordon, thanks bud

I am well pleased with them both, since I repotted them they have just continued to grow and they are now building structure and throwing side stalks, today they got plenty of sunshine until mid afternoon, then it started to rain, so I put them in the shed under 2 flourescent lights, tomorrow looks similar.

Thanks for the thoughs about seedlings, yeah age is one thing, but as you say you have to be objective and consider the size and condition of the plant etc.

Good luck and happy growing.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys time for an update on progress.

Since my last update I used up the last of the 2 litres of the Canna Start nutrients and waited 3 days until the top inch of the soil was dry and then I gave them both a litre of clean water to flush any excess nutrients out of the dirt below the roots that may have built up.

I then waited for the soil to dry out again and left them for 5 days until I could see the Passion #1 was looked like she wanted a drink, so I mixed up 2 litres of the Plant Magic Soil Grow and the Plant Magic Root Stimulant and gave them both 400ml, there was a beeny bit of run off from the Passion #1 but nothing from the Kalashnicova this is simply because the pot is slightly deeper and contains a bit more soil which obviously absorbed the water and nutes.

I knocked over the Kalashnicova like a bumboclaat and knocked off one of the first true leaves, but she was OK and just carried on growing.

Anyhoo here are a few photos I took earlier tonight.

Kalashnicova

10july-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage

10july-2016-kalashnicova-foliage.jpg

Kalashnicova close up of top of plant

10july-2016-kalashnicova-top.jpg

Passion #1

10july-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage

10july-2016-passin1-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 close up of top of plant

10july-2016-passion1-top.jpg

More updates soon.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

Hi guys its update time again.

Well the weather has been the usual mixture of cloudy and sunny days with a few dull rainy days, five days after my last update the Passion #1 was visibly thirsty and ready to be watered and fed again, but the Kalashnicova's dirt was still a bit damp, and yesterday after 10 days she was visibly ready for a drink and some grub and so was the Passion #1 so I took some photos of them and then watered and fed them both.

This morning it is very cloudy and overcast so they are sat in the shed under the two flourescent lights, hopefully the weather will heal up and we will get some sunshine this afternoon, the weather forcast is for a mini heat wave over the next few days and apparently tomorrow will be the hottest day of the year, so we shall see what tomorrow brings.

So far I am well pleased with both girls progress, the Kalashnicova is giving off an earthy, herby aroma, the smell is quite strong when they are in the shed but not as much when they are outside, which is good, the Passion #1 just has a veggy aroma at the moment, it will be interesting to see if that changes going forwards.

Best of all the Kalashnicova's girly bits are now visible, hopefully the Passion #1 will soon follow.

I have managed to block all the big light leaks in the shed along the back edge of the roof using some foam inserts I got from a local builders merchants and I used some cardboard to cover the window and block out the light, so I am now able to control the photoperiod, and hopefully trick them into flowering early.

So tonite I will put them in the shed earlier so their day is 14 and a half hours long which is the length of the day on the 21 of August.

Here are some photos I took yesterday afternoon and you can see they are both ready for a drink and some grub.

Kalashnicova and Passion #1

18july-2016-kalashnicova-passion1.jpg

Kalashnicova

18july-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova girly bits

18july-16-kalashnivoca-girly-bits.jpg

Kalashnicova plant top close up

18july-kalashnicova-plant-top.jpg

Passion #1

18july-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage

18july-2016-passion1-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 close up of plant top

18july-2016-passion1-plant-top.jpg

More to follow soon....

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

Hey guys time for a quick progess update

Over the past week the weather has been interesting last Tuesday it was absolutely scorching hot and sunny all day and the following day was pretty hot too, so I decided it would be best not to waste the sunlight and left them outside until the sun went down then put them in the shed under the flourescent lights until it went dark.

Then on Thursday night I put them in the shed after 14 and a half hours of sunlight which I will continue to do until the 21 of August, I also had to spray them to deal with some bugs, the bug spray can be used on fruit and veg and lasts for a month, I had not noticed the root of the problem the weeds infesting some planters nearby, which I will clean out as soon as possible.

I took some photos of the girls tonight before I watered and fed the Kalashnicova which goes a couple more days than the Passion #1 who will probably need watering and feeding tomorrow or the day after, as I was checking through the photos I noticed that the Passion #1 is now starting to show her girly bits.

25july-2016-kalshnicova-passion1.jpg

Kalshnicova foliage

25july-2016-kalashnicova-foliage.jpg

Kalashnicova plant top

25july-2016-kalashnicova-plant-top.jpg

Passion #1 foliage

25july-2016-passion1-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 girly bits

25july-2016-passion1-girly-bits.jpg

Passion #1 plant top

25july-2016-passion1-plant-top.jpg

More updates to follow, happy growing everyone

Likkle more

Gasmeter

Time for another quick update on progress.

Both girls have now been on a 14 and a 1/2 hour photoperiod for the past seven days and the Passion #1 seems to have started to flower and the Kalashnicova seems to be not too far behind.

Last friday I got to thinking about the light from the flourescent tubes in the shed and when I should change to the warm white tubes, so I decided to change one tube to warm white, but when I switched the lights on I realised the tube was not warm white, so I swapped it back, it turns out they have been under warm white light all the time.

Here are some photos I took yesterday afternoon.

Kalshnicova and Passion #1

31july-2016-kalashnicova-passion1.jpg

Kalashnicova

31july-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage

31july-2016-kalashnicova-foliage.jpg

Kalashnicova plant top

31july-2016-kalashnicova-plant-top.jpg

Passion #1

31july-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage

31july-2016-passion1-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 plant top foliage

31july-2016-passion1-plant-top-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 lower stem flower

31july-2016-passion1-lower-flower.jpg

Passion #1 plant top

31july-2016-passion1-plant-top.jpg

More updates to follow soon, happy growing everyone.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

Patois (teilweise auch Patwa oder Patwah) steht für:

In France and other Francophone countries, patois has been used to describe non-standard French and regional languages such as Picard, Occitan, and Franco-Provençal, since 1643, and Catalan after 1700, when the king Louis XIV banned its use.[3] The word assumes the view of such languages being backward, countrified, and unlettered, thus is considered by speakers of those languages as offensive when used by outsiders. Jean Jaurès said "one names patois the language of a defeated nation".[4] However, speakers may use the term in a non-derogatory sense to refer familiarly to their own language[citation needed] (see also languages of France).

---   excerpts out of Wikipedia

Gasmeter,  thank you so much for sharing.

I find the phrase "likkle more" cute.  Your stated location is UK.  You mentioned "time spent on the front lines as a youth".  Now I must ask something further...

Have you as a youth survived a war or conflict?  perhaps the conflict in Northern Ireland, or some other?

Unfortunately, Google Translator does not recognize Patois, otherwise I would have attempted to write some of this in Patois...

Likkle more

Cannabissapean

Hi Cannabissapean, your welcome man I&I pleasure.

The front line is another Patois slang term for a place where dealers hang out and you can score class A's and herb and anything else you might want.

Yeah using Google to translate won't work because Patois is not really considered a proper language, I suppose this is mainly because there is formalisation of written Patois, although I have seen a video on You Tube where someone was showing people a Bible that had been translated or written in Patois.

The best way to learn is talking to lots of people who chat Patois because people sound words in slightly different ways and with lots of words the meaning it determined by the context in which it is said, like deh which usually means here,  but it also means together.

Here is a link to an article site with good information and a decent dictionary

http://jamaicanpatwah.com/

Likkle more

Gasmeter

Time for a quick update

Both the Kalashnicova and Passion #1 are doing great the weather has been cloudy and sunny with a couple of rainy days but more sunny weather than rain.

Although last nigh it was windy when I went out to water and feed them the Passion #1 had blown on its side, it had obviously just happened because the dirt that fell out of the pot was in a neat pile still, so I quickly uprighted the pot and put the dirt back in and then watered and fed them both and she seems none the worse today.

Here are some photos I took earlier tonight

08august-2016-kalashnicova-passion1.jpg

Kalashnicova

08august-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage

08august-2016-kalashnicova-foliage.jpg

Kalashnicova top flower

08august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flower.jpg

Passion #1

08august-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage and flowers

08august-2016-passion1-foliage-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 top flower

08august-2016-passion1-top-flower.jpg

Passion #1 top flower close up08august-2016-passion1-top-flowerr-close-up.jpg

Happy growing everyone

Likkle more

Gasmeter

Hi nvmedigrower thanks man, yeah I am well pleased with them both.

I am located in a small sea side town next to the Irish sea the latitude for the centre of town is 53.752150

Good luck with those grass hoppers and happy growing

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

Hi nvmedigrower I updated my previous post and changed logitude to latitude, at the moment I put them in the shed in the yard so their day is only 14 1/2 hours long which is the length of the day on the 21st of this month, then I can just put them in the shed once it has gone dark as the photoperiod continues to collapse.

I have to say a big "thank you" to Gordon for his upfull advice about the day length on the 21st of August, this is  how I tricked them into flowering early, inner love man.

No I haven't used compost tea, yet, I am just using Plant Magic's nutrients and keeping it as simple as possible, thanks for the link it will be useful going forward.

This is only my second grow, last year I set off half cocked at the beginning of July, but I expected nothing other than to overstand the plants life cycle and what happens at each stage, the fact it flowered and I got some bud was a bonus, although I had to chop her early due to bud rot, it was definitely better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick and I learned a shit load of stuff too. Happy growing

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

NVmed and Gasmeter,

You can make your own compost tea real easy.  On youtube you can find a number of videos on how to build them.  But basically, harvest some of your darkest, gnarliest compost out of your compost bin, put it into a bucket or other container, pour a liter or two of water into it, let it sit a while, then decant the compost tea out (through a cloth sieve if you don't want a lot of particulates).

You can also stack a number of buckets or other containers with holes in their bottoms, each filled with a mixture of compost and fresh vegetable waste, and throw in a couple cups of rainworms or baitworms into the buckets.  Keep them moist from time-to-time to keep the worms from drying-out.  The bottom bucket should not be drilled, but rather one hose or a single hole to prevent its filling with stagnant water, but also for harvesting.  After the worms have worked on the compost for a few weeks, then pour a few liters of water into the top bucket and collect your home-made "Worm-Castings Tea" from the bottom hole or hose.

Youtube:  "How to make worm castings tea"  "How to make Compost Tea"

Have fun.

Hey guys time for another update on progress.

Since my last update I decided it was time to repot both plants into larger pots, so I got two 14 litre rubble buckets and drilled a pattern of holes in the bottoms so they drain freely, then last Friday I repotted the plants and then I gave them 2 litres of water each and left them in the shed under the flourescent lights until 9pm when I switched off the lights and locked up the shed for the night.

They both seem to like thier new homes and seem to have been unaffected by being repotted, the weather has been nice and sunny here since Monday so they have both been soakin up those rays, where I have them in the yard they get direct sunlight from about 9am as it rises above the house roof until about 5pm when the sun is obscured by the roof of the house behind ours.

I could stretch this by moving them around the yard but one of our neighbours who is bad minded would be able to see them so I cant risk it

I am well please with both girls progress so far especially the Passion #1 wow is she in a hurry compared to the Kalashnicova every day the flowwers on the Passion #1 get more frosty, yet the Kalashnicova has no visible frosting of resin yet, although if I zoom in on the image I have taken I can see she is starting to produce some resin.

I fed and watered them a couple of days ago, next time I water and feed I am going to change from the soil grow nutrient to the soil bloom nutrient, both girls are well in flower now and consuming some of the lower fan leaves so I am thinking this is a good time to switch to the bloom feed.

Anyhoo here are some images I took yesterday afternoon.

Kalashnicova and Passion #1 in their new pots

18august-2016-kalashnicova-passion1-new-pots.jpg

Kalshnicova in new pot with canes for support

18august-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage

18august-2016-kalashnicova-foliage.jpg

Kalashnicova lower flower

18august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-flower.jpg

Kalashnicova top flower

18august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flower.jpg

Passion #1 in new pot with canes for support

18august-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage

18august-2016-passion1-foliage.jpg

Passion #1 lower flower

18august-2016-passion1-lower-flower.jpg

Passion #1 top flower

18august-2016-passion1-top-flower.jpg

Passion #1 top flower close up

18august-2016-passion1-top-flower-close-up.jpg

More updates to follow soon happy growing guys.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 2

Hi Cannabissapean,

yeah those flowers on the Passion #1 look great, ring the alarm flowers are dying, ring the alarm another flowers sufferin, this gal a champion in any session

Im in LOVE :airkiss: man that sisters flashin dread alright, she got it all goin on, she beef

It is going to be interesting to see how she performs goin forward aint no maybe, happy growing

Likkle more

Gasmeter

Hey guys time for a quick progress update.

I can now see that trichomes are starting to form on the flowers of the Kalashnicova and the Passion #1 is just getting frostier by the day.

The weather has been cloudy with plenty of rain and wind over the past few days so I have been putting them in the shed to keep them dry and so they don't get battered about by the wind, it looks like tomorrow will be wet, but it will improve and we will get some more warm sunny days

Rain is sunshine tax

Here are some photos I took yesterday afternoon

Kalashnicova

22august-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova lower flower

22august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-flower.jpg

Kalashnicova lower flower close up

22august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-flower-close-up.jpg

Kalashnicova top flowers

22august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flowers.jpg

Kalashnicova top flower close up

22august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flower-close-up.jpg

Passion #1

22august-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 lower flower

22august-2016-passion1-lower-flower.jpg

Passion #1 lower flower close up

22august-2016-passion1-lower-flower-close-up.jpg

Passion #1 top flowers

22august-2016-passion1-top-flowers.jpg

22august-2016-passion1-top-flower-close-up.jpg

It is interesting how the frosting on the Kalshnicova is more visible on the lower flowers than the top flower.

I am in love with the Passion #1 she is just gettin frostier every day and even new fan leaves around the flower sites, only the original fan leaves are not frosty, it looks like there will be some good frosty trim from those.

More updates to follow, happy growing guys

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Thanks for the update man , good to see the green ladies making some nice buds now, the Passion seems pretty frosty indeed ;)  And lets hope the kalash will catch on her ;) but in my memories it was not the frostiest strain i have seen for sure, it doesnt take away that the stone was great ^^

Have a good grow and good luck with the rain

• Like 1

Hey Dust your welcome man

Yeah that Passion #1 is really moving along compared with the Kalashnicova, despite chopping early last year it was quite frosty, and the hit profile was very heady, but it had legs and lasted for hours before I got peckish, so it will be interesting to see the difference this time, plus the difference between strains this time toke wise.

The weather today has been cloudy and quite dark, on the weather forcast it said it may rain, but it didn't it stayed dry but very overcast so I kept them in the shed under the flourescent lights which were providing better quality light than they would have had outside it was so overcast and dull it seemed to get dark quicker tonight.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny so they can spend all day soaking up the rays building sticky buds and the next couple of days are supposed to be cloudy and sunny which is better than rain, hopefully there will be more sun than cloud.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 1

Hey Arrakeddj thanks I am well pleased with their progress, yeah I have been wondering if the pots I have used will be big enough, the pot holds 14 litres of soil, so I will be keeping an eye on that as they forward, but I am not going to worry about it, I see people using 10 litre pots to grow and finish, although how big the plants really are is another question entirely.

I love you garden man those plants look awsome, they are trees, it looks like you are in Spain with a much warmer and sunnier climate, so your plants growth will be a lot more vigorous than what we can achieve here in the UK with the conditions that we have to deal with growing outside.

I am updating early today so I can relax this afternoon and watch the Belgian Grand Prix on TV, it should be a great race, I will be rooting for Lewis Hamilton, but I will be watching young Max Verstappen this kid is amazing, he is a very talented and natural driver especially considering he is only 18, he is an absolute joy to behold on track, he will win world championships in the near future, aint no maybe.

Anyhoo here are some photos I took yesterday afternoon.

Kalashnicova

28-august-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage and flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-foliage-flowers.jpg

Kalashnicova lower stalk and flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-stalk-flowers.jpg

Kalashnicova lower flower close up

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-flower-close-up.jpg

Kalshnicova top flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flowers.jpg

Kalshnicova top flower close up

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flower-close-up.jpg

Passion #1

28august-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage and flowers

28august-2016-passion1-foliage-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 lower stalk flowers

28august-2016-passion1-lower-stalk-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 lower stalk flower close up

28august-2016-passion1-lower-stalk-flowers-close-up.jpg

Passion #1 top flowers

28august-2016-passion1-top-flowers.jpg

28august-2016-passion1-top-flower-close-up.jpg

More updates to follow soon, happy growing everyone.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

• Like 3

Really like the shape of that kalash on the first pic, looks like a nice steady lady, is she making a bit more frost by now?

Passion is looking nice as well looks like it will be a fast girl too.

Have a good grow thanks for the news!

• Like 1

Hey man,

as I was reading through the updates, I thought, "the pots are too small, they must be rootbound as fuck by now," but then I read on and found out you repotted them, so I was relieved, nice move! For the future, remember that the plant's root system develops rapidly when they go to flower so you should always try to repot before that, into large enough containers. 

Another thing I noticed is that you used WAY too much perlite, it almost looks like a soilless medium. This is the reason your girls seem hungry and you have to feed often. Perlite holds no nutrients and is not necessary in modern substrates which have the right structure by default so I'd avoid using this much of it unless you're mixing your own soil at home using compost or soil that are high in clay particles.

Mandala seeds have great grow guides on their website and I'd suggest it as obligatory reading to everyone no matter their experience since they're so well written, detailed and on-point.

A quote on adding drainage materials in your potting soil:

It is best not to add any additional materials to your potting soil. Horticultural grade potting soil is perfectly mixed for the best air-water ratio. Adding more non-nutritive substances depletes the water retention capacity of the soil, it unnecessarily "stretches" the soil and reduces the total amount of nutrients available to the plant, and it creates dry pockets in the container.

Adding a large amount of perlite/vermiculite (some growers add as much as 25%!) is a completely outdated practice from 30-40 years ago when there was only a very small selection of horticultural potting soil available for non-commercial gardeners. It is one of the unfortunate harmful practices in cannabis cultivation that many still cling to although they do not understand the reason or consequences.

Finally I get to say that I'm very, VERY pleased with your work and I'm happy for you and your girls. It's awesome to see that you were able to pull it off and got them flowering this early! Considering the date and the stage of flowering they are in I'm pretty confident you're looking at a lovely harvest this season. Keep a close eye on them for the mold, don't underestimate it as it's very sneaky and easily overlooked early on! Now you see why I told you Passion #1 was a great choice :)

Sending blessings your way. May the Mold God have mercy.

Happy growing my friend,

G.

• Like 1