heat/climate control

RIX

Guys.

what can I do on the cheap to keep the room cool and mold resistant?

I usually get dehumidifiers but even then I get mold at top corners of walls. I need to eliminate this as cheap as poss.

Also, if I bring air into the room from the house will that be ok as air exchange? or pulling air from the loft in? 

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a good air movment in your room mold shouldnt happen, no matter if you have a carbon filter or no the presure should always be a little bit in negative so the smell doesnt go out. so a basic test to do this is if you have a door in your grow room, you open it slightly of 2 3cm from the inside, and you check if the air is pushing the door or sucking it, it should always be sucking it to close down that would mean your grow is pushing the air out. Then you need to have a good intake of fresh air, no matter from where, your flat or outside, but it needs to be the coolest. and then if your home is still hot you will just have to buy an AC ^^

Good luck!!

Have a good grow

sorry my guy I don't have advice to eliminate mold. 

Currently dealing with too little humidity..

i presume just add another oscillating fan and or a extraction fan to use with some ducting, secure the ducting higher up.

some growers even prefer to draw air from inside.

good luck with ur grow let us know what u used to eliminate mold issues 

• 4 weeks later...

ye bread. ive done that and covered 2 walls. I will have all that done by flower and hopefully all this as its my concern. I run a on the go build as its hi risk and i dont want to put money into things and lose them so i build as i go along. will be complete by flower though!

ok

im thinking to pull air in threw the loft with a 4inch, itl be cool, might put 4inch carbon filter to assure the airs clean. do ducting it the room into a bottom corner to send air in from the ground ground.

then im use the big 8inch filter in the middle of the room with the 6inch fan to scrub and pull the heat out of the bedroom door. Thinking bolt the fan to the door and duct to the filter in centre of room as i want the filter to suck air from oddle of room in all directions to try suck heat away as quick as possible. im even thinking just hang pyrex sheet off the reflector to just block the heat and in the process the filter sucks it. then id have no major probs except light off, you goto watch lights off as the room goes wet, ive known this years and left the door open a lil to let it all escape, think this is due to lack of venting aswell as no intake.

Im also thinking co2 too! omg and my nutes, swear come back in exactly were I left and want the exact same things happening ha.

yeye i been looking at aircons and dehumidifiers, usually use delonghi dehumifiers myself, can dry bud for samples with them easy too.

tbh I think im try get some used low bay lights and transfer my 600w into the cases. cooltubes are stupid money.I can get 4x400 low bays for price of 1 600w granted they used but thats 4 ballasts and the low bay case for peanuts.

im thinking i could put more 400w in with them in the case already and not really worry about heat, what you think? use like 7 400w instead of 5 600w? it would keep heat down for sure but quality of bud might not be so good as 600w.

Guys. what about hanging 600w and 400w with no reflectors, just dangling them between the plants? how close could i go to the plants?  How many watts you think I meed for 12ft x12ft room im thinking 6x600w max with reflectors but hanging i dunno?

3 plug with 2 oulets in each room should i run 1 extension with each plug? im thinking a extension lead with 1x 600w light and may be a fan or air stone pump to each plugg giving me a total of 6? can the room handle that current? or am i need a contractor?

I need some nutes help too as i been meaning to do them but im uke well what i do works ok so fk it but i want to test others and get some 100% legit npk recipes for powder form to make own values up for as lil as possible. 

Any recipes? prefferably grams to litre ratio. thinking making my own pk booster 13/14 amd 9/18 amd that stupid as 50bucks a litre one. got the ingredients and calculators, just need like a buddy, some 1 who has same interest or already been threw this to push me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time guys and sorry i talk so much but i only talk here about this stuff amd even that i do rarely.

hey bread. that is actually bad advice as the mold would build up behind it, i know as ive experienced it. think you goto have some kind of vent or dehumidifier. im worrying about nothing tbh as ive solved these before. ots more about controlling my temps and not burning the plants with the lights or causing any kind of risk of mold.

• 1 month later...

Air from my loft would not help to cool my growroom.  It would be drier air, and would therefore work to discourage mold, but my loft air is too hot.

I have a strong extraction fan than is constantly evacuating my growarea. The air from the rest of the basement and house is pulled into the growarea. That air is dry and cool enough that I need no other conditioning. 

Ever since I installed this grow-op with this extraction/filtering fan, mold problems in other parts of the house have been eliminated.  I have never had mold problems in the grow (except one time when I failed to properly control the fan and feeding, and I had a period of extremely high humidity in the bloom tent for 3 or 4 days straight without noticing).

How big or strong is your extraction fan?  Maybe it is not strong enough.  Or maybe you have moisture coming through the wall from the other side.