Papua New Guinea

Guest guest

In the highlands of Papua New Guinea is a strain that has been climitized to the area. It has obviously some from Thailand, but who knows when, probabily brought over by birds in their stomache, and of course some of the seed have survived. There are literally acres and acres of it. I have never been there but I saw an aricle in Time magazine about the natives there trading guns for it. The leaves have the distinctive alligator fingers of a Thai sativa, but it has been there probably for centuries, so it has climatized to the local environment, and would be a new strain.

Also when I started smoking, we used to be able to buy a strain(this was in th early seventies)b called Sumartra Heads, it was so psychedelic it was amazing. It came from Sumartra, as all pot ws inported then, noe here knew how to grow it.

dude that incredible i'd always wondered about ganja in p.n.g. thats really really incredible i'm shocked to tell ya the truth! equatorial sativas are known to be very high in T.H.C.V. which is a short acting T.H.C. that is very potent and gives the notorious l.s.d. quality to those crazy mind bending sativas. thats what makes Malawi gold so potent and can only be obtained in large quantities if grown in the outdoors. thats why outdoor ganja is truly stronger than indoor even if indoor has higher T.H.C. percentage. the indicas have very little if any T.H.C.V. and Moroccan and turkish pot has none. stay green :)

N.W.greenthumb

Guest superbluehaze

I did not know that; it is most certainly true the sun cannot be matched for intensity and for spectrum, there is no doubt about that. I have never grown outdoors, as I live in a large city, but I would love to. Perhaps one day.

thanks for the info,

superbluehaze

• 7 months later...

Papua New Guinea still has large areas that have never been visited by none other than the tribals and I've read that there are thousands of medical plants in Papua, that hasn't been examined. You can just imagine the uniqueness of the strain varieties out there. Papua is so deserted that I think it could be the most special cannabis in the world. If someone is going to pick up a strain from Papua New Guinea, I promise to buy it.

Guest superbluehaze

I promise to buy it too. The locals, i read, call it "the plant that makes you drunk". Trouble is there is still headhunters, and not strain hunters, in them highland hills.

I think I will keep my head;

all the best, and happy growing,

john

• 4 months later...