Hi,

here are my 7 plants:

Arjan's haze 1

Arjan's haze 3

The Church

White lemon.

This is the 14th day of 12/12

Well I have installed air cooled lightening,

and I now have 2800 watts of lightening, 2,200 of which is sun pluse bulbs, 3K.

My grow space is 2.4 meters by 1.5 meters with well over 2 meters height;

so at around 700 watts per square meter, they will go crazy now.

Temperature is not ideal, but not too bad either as it is the middle of summer here.

Lights on it is 29c at the top of the plants, and with lights off around 24 c.

Humidity stays between 50 to 60%

It is unsual for plants to have this much flower development at 14 days.

All the plants switched and were showing flower development within a few days.

Why?

I, firstly, veg for at least 8 weeks, as I not only like to see the full expression of each phenotype,

but as the plant is older, it is physiologically ready to flower.

Secondly, I turn the lights down slowly over a 10 day to 2 week period: 17 hours for 2 days, 16 hours for 2 to 3 days, 15 hours for 2 days, 14 hours for 4 days, 13 hours for 3 to 4 days, and then 12 hours.

Nutrients: I use both chemicals and organics, and grow hydroponically but hand water the plants,

as this gives me greater control over individual nutrient requirements, as each plant is different in its nutrient requirements.

Hand watering also allows me to let the plants dry out, and move between a wet and damp cycle, which is important for the plant to absorb calcium, magnesium and other elements.

I use Nutrifield (an Australian company started by a research scientist),

I also use Cyco chemical nutrients

I grow in large 52 liter pots, and use various mediums: a mixture of flytocell and perlite or coco;

I start them off on a mixture coco and perlite.

At the moment I am feeding the plants; a chemical nutrient as a base(around .4 to .5 of the total EC) to this I add depending on what the plant requires:

Fish emulsion, Zyme, potassium and phosphorous, Silicon(Cyco brand) Fulvic and humic acid(organic), cargo boost( nutrient delivery) and sea weed.

I also use a range of Friendly bacteria and fungi to aid root development and nutrient absorption.

When using organics(especially with Cargo Boost and fish emulsion) it is important to use a lower EC.

The nutrients in the organic products are not immediately available to the plant, as they have to be broken down by the micro organisms in the medium and then become soluble salts which the plant can absorb.

The nutrients are not yet soluble so they will not register on the EC meter, which can only measure dissolved salts, and not organic nutrients held in suspension.

Therefore, when using organics and chemicals together it is important to run a lower Ec to allow for the breaking down of the organic material into soluble salts.

The EC at the moment is 1.4

I water about every week to 10 days, depending on the plant requirements.

It is important during flowering to let the plants dry out a bit, as they need to be able to absorbed various elements into to bloom fully. .

happy growing, john

Guest superbluehaze

It is a new design from the manufactures.

It does increased the coverage, but it also causes some heat around the light, as the reflector is polished aluminium.

I refer the other white reflectors

happy growing,

john

looks like your room is running HOT . maybe if you can aford it get some propper air cooled hoods not cheap cool tubes . u will be able to run all them watts with no problems at all then .....

is this grow a legal grow opp ? if not i wouldnt post videos on utube it will get you busted .

some1 in the uk last yr posted his grow and got busted and was sent to prisson for 9 months ...

Guest superbluehaze

thanks Fuzyy;

uscheesehead,

thanks for having a look.

The temp is 30c at the top of the plants.

I run my lights of a night, but it is summer here and outside it is still 27C some nights - during the day it can hit

over 40 c.

we can not buy the reflectors you are talking about here,

but no reflector, no matter what it costs, can deal with that. as any reflector is only as good as the cool air coming in.

If the air coming through the reflector is 27c, then no matter what you pay for it, it will still run hot.

also I find the cool tubes fine.

I also run an air conditioner

as far as you tube is concerned I know how to hide my ip address, and cover my ass,

but thanks for your concern.

happy growing,

john