Air conditioning

Bigbuddy420

I got a three bedroom house. One for flower,veg, and storage. Also has living, dinning and kitchen open areas. My main concern is keeping the veg and flower room temps down. Im using co2 tank and regulate with monitor. And i using inline fans with my carbon scrubbers to take care of the heat and smell in one rip, and i wanna put my central a/c theromstat in my flower room. Will this work? Can I keep my temps were I need them? Is this effective for now?

Thanks for the advise. I didn't mention I plan on upgrading to five 1000 watt lamps. Right now I only got three 600 watts going with only one 6'' inline fan and carbon scrubber taking care of the three. Plus a dehumidy going 24/7. Also I dont think I have that negetive pressure I need to turn over the air volume in the room because i can feel air being pushed under the growroom door out into the hallway. And the extra a/c vents I installed into the room work better when the flower room door is open. What do you think maybe i have an exuast problem?

Peace BigBuddy

My room isnt huge 9x11 with 8' ceilings but i m going to use the whole space. I dont know about floor vents our a/c comes in from the celing all the ducting is in the attic. I did however dgo into the attic and installed a booster fan in my intake ducting. Im going to make a bad ass exuast system then put up the b/w poly. Thanks brother

Got ya.. yeah I have air returns infact I dicconeccted the ducting from the dinning room return and rerouted it to my flower room just for extra intake. I got a 9000 btu floor model i was using for a walk in closet it did the trick. But i got a feeling its not going to make a difference in my 9X11 espesially after I upgrade to four 1000 watts. Wish I had room/funds for a 1/2-3 ton a/c right in the room, talk about cold. Anyway let you know how it all works maybe post some pics. Thanks for the advise brother.Talk to you again. Until such time. Peace

Guest superbluehaze

Hello my friend,

Knuckle, as usual has given excellent advice.

Your present exhaust fan is far to small for that room as you know.

Multiply the height of the room by its width and length- this will give you the cubic volume of air in the room.

then use an exhaust fan that will exhuast the total air volume of the room within 3 minutes - 5 minutes at most but 3 is better.

I would separate the room with 5,000 watts of lighting in it.

Reasons:

for Co2 to work effectively the room needs to be sealed well.

Exhaust, to use the gas effectively, has to be no more than once an hour, otherwise the gas is continually lost .

Secondly, if the plants are flooded with light, then to achieve extra growth, the plants need higher temps to speed up their metabilism.

When using CO2 it is best to have to temps much higher - at around 30C or 90F.

I would have a separate a/c for that room with a capacity of at least 12,000 BTUs

perhaps a split system(the best or else a window unit.

and run the room at 90C;

exchange the air once an hour.

and then sit back

and WaTch them grow

and I mean WATCH them grow.

You may find this post by me of interest:

www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/grow-room-design-problems-and-solutions

happy growing, and welcome to the forum.

john

Guest superbluehaze

oh I forgot;

run the gas at 1500 ppm.

also

elevated levels of co2 in your living area is not good.

Over 2,000 pmm can be toxic to the plants and us.

It can be DEADLY

take care,

john

Alright this is what ive done. First and stuck a 9000 BTU a/c in the corner and ran the exuast duct to the attic. Second took out the 65 pint dehumidy, because the a/c seems to be taking care of the extra heat and humidity. Plus the a/c unit cause a negetive pressure in the room. Good call on that one Knuckle Head, and tomorrow the black and white poly goes up. Any way my 9x11x8 (LxWxH) now stays at 70 with three 600 hps going. I plan on putting two more 600 HPS and one more 8'' inline exuast fan and carbon filter. So hopefully ill be pushing 3000 watts in a 792 sq. foot room by the end of the week. I didnt think that little 9000 btu a/c wasn't going to help, but it acts as supplement a/c a dehumidy and exuast fan. Man its almost to cold in there now. Thanks brother

Guest superbluehaze

Just one thing my friend;

at that temp the Co2 gas is useless to u. the plants need temps around 90F to be able to metabolize the gas.

the 900btu a/c may work well now, but with extra watts in that room, depending on outside temps, it may not deal with the heat very effectively in that size room.

an a/c is the same as a dehumidifier so that was a good move by taking out the dehumidifier.

The gas is only effective at certain times of the growth cycle as well;

used at the wrong time it can actually lower potency.

if you used cool tubes drawing air in from outside through the lights and out of the room, depending on outside temps, then the smaller a/c should work, but with the with extra lights and heat in there it may run flat out all the time.

good luck with it, and please post some picts.

take care

john.

Thanks for the advise brother. Also Ive desided to run my 12 hour light cycle during the night from like 8 pm to 8 am I think im keep it that way until summers over. Im using CO2 in my veg room for sure, but would it benifit me to use CO2 in the flower room as well. Do you run CO2 in your flower room?Will this increase yield? I dont want them to get to much more height, because I only got 8' ceillings. However more weight is always welcome. Also I want to post pics but Im unsure about it, is there any way someone could trace the pics back to me? Is there a secure way to go about posting pics? I got a digital camera and a disk just for pics of my grow. Thats all for now thanks. Peace

Guest superbluehaze

hi mate,

Good idea my friend to run the lights at night.

I have not used co2 for years now:

here are my reasons why I do not worry about using it these days:

The room has to be well sealed, and none of my rooms are that well sealed.

In order to run the gas, I would have to buy large tanks which for the size of my room(1848 cubic feet) would be very expensive.

also there is the problem of getting the tanks in and out without drawing attention.

If I was to use a LPG burner to generate the gas then i would have problems with heat.

It would involve me also having to runa large capacity air conditioner continually, as the exhaust fans have to be off must of the time.

I think indoors more light is of benifit than raising the concentration of co2, as long as plenty of fresh city air is moving through the room.

I prefer to invest this power that I would have to use otherwise into more lights, but with powerful exhaust fans and cool tubes to control the environment and bring in plenrty of fresh air.

CO2 enrichment, however does work, and it works well, as long as everything else is spot on.

if there is one weak link in this chain, then it does not work as effectively.

Some people use co2 in the early stages of flowering when the buds are putting on weight, but do not use it when they are maturing, say for the last 3 weeks of flowering.

For veg I use 24 hours of light, and for the problems I would have to solve to use CO2 gas, I think doing this way is more efficient.

If the plants are flooded in light(around 80 to 100 watts per square foot), and everything else is in balance,

then you can achieve amazing growth rates using CO2 enrichment.

You look at your plants in buding, then say go out for coffee for a hour, on arriving back you can see a difference in the size of the buds, and you literally can watch your plants growing.

The plants do though need that much light to be able to metabolize the CO2.

It is in Green Houses that CO2 enrichment really is of great benifit.

This is just my way though;

experiment,

but experenced growers do not use it for the last weeks of flowering as it does seem to lower potency.

The room I grow in is much larger than my grow space so I have around the same height as you do.

I have never found this height to bother me.

8 feet is fine, that gives you around(if using cool tubes) 5 to 6 feet for the size of the plant.

I do recommend air cooling for your lights;

but better still, if you do not mind the investment, is water cooling using a chiller, much more efficient that using an a a/c, and the environment and co2 enrichment are all tuned in to work as thry should. It is beyond my price range (shipping is much too expensive for me), but if you livce close to the States, then check out these guys:

www.hydroinnovations.com/

all the best,

john

Guest superbluehaze

I missed the part about uploading pictures;

In order to upload safely you have to hide your personal ip address.

Think of your Internet address like your home address, it leads back to you, and has to inorder for you to recieve the pages you request from various sites.

There are a number of ways to hide your ip address, but I use a program which works like this:

when I turn on my machine, the program automatically links up with a server in the States;

a tunnel is formed between my computer and the server;

all my requests and all my uploading is done through that tunnel, and all the information is encryted at the same level as banks use;

Not even my ISP knows what I do on the net as they can only know my usage, but nothing else as it is all encryted.

When I send a request for a page, that request goes to the serve in the States, and it gets the page for me, and it is sent back to me through my ISP but it is encryted.

The internet adress shown for this request is never mine, which is hidden, but the servers address in the states.

This program gives me absolute privacy, and my back is always covered by it; for the peace of mind it is well worth the subscription price:

www.anonymizer.com/

take care,

john