for all marial arts and fantasy movie fans

oldsmoker62

heya

saw 2 great movies yesterday a fantasy film called salomon kane wich was great a dark bloody fantasy and a martial arts movie called ninja assassin wich i loved its the type of movie either you love it or hate it,its very very bloody and they fly through the air and all that lol but for me its the best ninja movie ive seen and salomon kane is 1 of the best fantasy movie ive seen.

hey man

solomon kane was good it was hiped upalot though, even though its a fantasy they should try and stick to the story a bit more, but all in all it was a good movie.

now ninja asasins i have to get a hold of, i'm into that sort of thing lol, once you get the first 5 mins of the movie you get yourself in the mindframe of the possibilitys that are ahead.

anyway man keep um coming

peace

another martial arts movie ive seen its much like ninja assassins is warriors way a mix of martial arts , fantasy and a bit of western movie i liked it alot,agree about salomon kane ,i remember i read the comic when i was younger lol but i liked the movie very much and james purefoy was excellent as salomon.

al have look for it man. what do you think of the modern mratial arts films, some how i find they lack a realness about them. i have done a couple of martial arts when i was yunger and finaly stuck on lau gar kung fu and achived a brown sash. i had the privilage of traing with some of the best in europe ( and i looked up to these guys ) but none of them could pull of half of the fancy shit that they pull off in the movies. old scool martial arts vids are brilliant you get to see on occasion an art in its true form

anyways man loving the reply

have you seen THE OTHERS and if so how freaky is that shit lol

if you mean this movie the others http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/ ive seen it as i remember it was a good movie, ive never done any martial arts myself sorry to say as i allways loved it ever since i was i kid lol remember i saw the 7 samurajs when i was about 10 or 11 years old it was with toshiro mifune and i was hooked on every thing about samurajs and martial arts,but never liked the crazy stuff jackie chang did ,hes good very good but most of it has nothing to do with real stuff ,but liked some of his early stuff, when steaven seagal came with nico and his first movies he was very good and fast as hell lol but today he looks like a big grizzly lol but he is still pretty fast, i liked brandon lee very much and jet li done some good movies to and donnie yen is amazing.im looking for samuraj movies from the last 5 years or so if you know any good 1s or anyone else knows any please let me know.

never heard of lau gar kung fu but ill look it up,do you still train kung fu ? as ive allways liked that very much and there is so many diffrent styles to choose from to.

yeah i know what yor saying there are hundreds of styles to choose from, i havent attended any class's in the last couple of years but still practice every saturday morning and when i can throughout the week, but ive got young kids so i have been told by the mrs that they are not allowed to see me doing it, but i have been teaching my twin boys a few basics and got then doing a couple of sets, ok for 4 year olds

jet li's earlier movies were great and the guy is super fast not just with is hands but his legs, i think he still holds the world record for the tripple spining back kick.

have you seen any of toni jar's films, now thats a tallented young chap

as for steven segal he is fast, but he deosn't show of with total fancy stuff, i think he has been taught simmilar to myself where you are continussly going over the basic, this work man once you have done it for long enough it just becomes a natural reflex. i have seen a guy that took 6 years to get to a green shash and a guy that took 4 years to get to 2nd kuy black sash face off against each other in a comp, and the green sash wooped his ass (best out of 5 and he got 3-0)

cant thingk of any samuraj films. i seen an old one on tv a couple of weeks ago but cant remember the name shame it was a cracking movie sad_smile.gif

agree about Jet Li there he is very fast and i like donnie yen to he is also very fast .Never heard of toni jar i will look in to it.

sorry to say most martial arts today in movies are special effects and some of them dont even know any martial arts lol