Male from fem seed!! Guess regs aren't gone after all??

VAP-HITS

Anyone ever got males from greenhouse fem lines?

My mate has got a full male church from a fem 5 pack direct from greenhouse. Got 2/5 germination and two pheno's, one male, one female. Both nice little stinky plants with really early resin. The male is full male, big clusters forming and no female pistils at all. Looking like he might let them breed to make the grow worthwhile and hopfully have some usable f2 regs?

Gunna get some pics soon hopefully. I had to see it to believe it, guess others will too.

Googling revieled that there have be rumours of Church, Big Bang, AMS and Strawberry haze throwing full males.

Anyone confirm?

And why no more regs Franco? Lets hope the growers of the world are more generous than you guys when you go strain hunting next...maybe they should deem them too valuable to share also? I mean they are sharing generations of work and you guys are worried about sharing strains that you have already won acclaim with and moved on from.
Doesn't seem right to me. Each there own really, but I no longer find fems appealing, and fads go in cycles, so why remove a section of your loyal customer base? I have to shop else where now as I don't believe in fems as regs are the only seeds that anyone can view and grow truely organically. Fems are a Genetically Modified crop are they not?

yeah man get pics posted of the male,

grown couple of GHSC Fem strains myself herm has always been a factor with them, nice weed no dought but still herm. 100% herm free is a bit of a suck in, anything with skunk in it seems to herm real easy so watch for them. To me Fems are ok but just ok it is putting to much herm in the world of weed which is not really cool. I will be moving on to and concentrating on my reg stock!

I have No1 regs and my mate has Hawaiin Snow regs we have yet to use them but sounds like we should crack em out and make a heap of F2's of both strains. I wonder if there would be anyone out there interested in them? since Green House dont stock em anymore and arnt willing to pass on the pure genetics of regs it shouldnt be a problem if we make F2's and pass em off as our own.

yeah it would be funny if Arjan and Franco rocked up in all there strainhunting gear looking the part and out to impress and the lovely very GENERIOUS people of Malawi, India, Laos etc. turned round and told them "you are not having our shit man its ours, this shit is to valuable,"

Nah trainey, the herm free statement is not a suck in at all, if you read it properly.

Let me explain...all feminised seeds ARE HERMS...they are predominantly female plants that have been pollinated by another predominantly female plant that has produced male flowers and pollen. So dispite whether the pollinated female was a true female or a female that itself will herm given the right stress the resulting generation will have herm genes, because the 'father' is a herm.

So basically when you buy fems from greenhouse you buy alot of hype and get 100% Hermaphrodite... FREE.

Don't take this as me purely hating on greenhouse or trying to cut the tall poppy, just keeping it real.

I too have had success with greenhouse strains and most of it is steller herb but all fems will herm if you show them stress in the right amounts. And most noobs will find this out. I think a truer statement would be 90% female hermaphrodites.

I love the greenhouse for putting true cannabis culture out into the mainstream through the internet and with their celebrity interaction. Which is only doing great things for decriminalisation and legalisation worldwide, BUT it appears that there may be a corporate stratedy lurking in the depths, OR they are just having to bow to trends to get a return on their investment in a market that is unregulated and flooded with shit.

Either way it is not good for the plant ultimately. Maybe they can see the writting on the wall and are out to capture all of the worlds true genetics before they get ruined by outside influences. Who knows?

If anyone believes that greenhouse sell pure females in seed form they are kidding themselves. Especially now arcata trainwreck is on the menu! I mean they selfed a clone only strain that is a known herm.

Read between the lines people.

And if you doubt me, by all means stress you fem plants a little and watch the nana's emerge it doesn't usaully take much. And you will get some free seeds if you want them.

Guest samuelo
No they shouldnt...... feminized seeds are 99.9% feminized - So for every 1000 seeds 1 may be hermi. if your plants turn hermi its probably something that the grower has done, also the grower may have had a male in room previous and never cleaned room 100%

There will always be a bit of trial and error and different strains have different growing needs so cats need to do their homework and look after their plants as best as possible . It may be a weed but it still needs tender loving care

You get back what you put in and you learn along the way.

I'm gonna have to disagree about femenized seeds being all hermy. Without giving away too much info. The process of making femenized seed stock involves taking a fantastic female without hermaphroditic tendencies and spraying it with a substance (which i will not give any info on) that makes it a very strong male and if treated with enough of this substance you cant even tell it was ever a female! then a room of the same great females are pollenated with the male pollen. This process doesnt involve stressing the pollenated females at all its done chemically. This makes for very stable seeds 99% of the time. Using stress induced males instead of chemically induced males will make for a ton of hermaphroditic problems. But the stress technique isnt used because it doesnt make much pollen. You can make any plant hermaphroditic if you stress it enough (especially revegetated plants flowering for the second time)but good growers will try to minimize stress as much as possible in order to make plants as potent and high yielding as possible. All in all femenized seeds made the right way are very good and stable and dont deserve the bad reputation earned 6 or 7 years ago when bad techniqes were used by hacks.

When it comes to Trainwreck i also have grown the original arcata cutting for 5 years and it does have hermaphroditic tendencies, but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be offered in seed form. Because a true male Trainwreck plant doesnt exist i'm glad they did make a seed stock for it. And being the professionals they are they may even have fixed the hermaphroditic tendencies of the original trainwreck. IF not for all you people growing T.W. start looking for and removing bananas at week 7 and chop on week 8. I like it harvested at 8.5 weeks it gives it time to get a little more amber trichomes and gives you a more balanced high. hope that helps.

greenthumb

If this being true and IS the method GHSC use when making there FEMS then they would be trying to stress the plant by every means possible to make sure it has NO herm tendencies at all, then applying the "secret spray" to make the known tested female create female pollen. And after this has been performed the resulting generation of beans are germed and put through the same stress testing to make sure that they are 100% feminised.correct?

If this is the case then nana's should not pop at all and a little plant stress should not matter as they should only be turned by using the "secret spray"

It seems more and more people are having problems with more and more of the feminised seeds popping nana's.

I dont hate GHSC i just get pissed cos i want to use there strains as my base breeding genetics as they have some truely amazing genetics, awesome plant structure, size and potent candy smelling buds, but i will not breed with something that pops nana's so easy, all it takes is a little over feeding and pow nana's, as long as you flush you should be able to push the plant to see what it can take, mine look very heathy but pop nana's, GWS, WR, CHURCH,and TRAINWRECK all popped.

HEY SAMUELO, just wondering how an existing male from a past grow could effect a Feminised seed in a new grow, how could that turn a 99.9 % feminised seed male or herm.??????????

Glad the tread is generating some discussion, AND A LOT OF SPECULATION.

Truth and honesty is the way...so lets keep it up.

'Special spray' is probably silver thiosulphate solution for those that are interested and it is poisonous stuff.

Thanks greenthumb for the herm advice about the original trainwreck, but I would like to add that people need to look for herm/nana's at week one with the greenhouse trainwreck. This is from experience. Google it if you doubt me, some guys have found seed at week five! So checking at week seven will not only find nana's but seed.

Would like to here from the greenhouse guys how they removed herm from the arcata cut....if its true???

But I know its not.

So what else is an assumption???

Is the church male a 99.9% male hermaphridite?

Has nature found a way to balance??

I don't need to google trainwreck i can just go to my flower room. I'm not gonna get into an arguement about it. Me personally i have only seen pollen sacks in weeks 6 to 8 from the original cutting. and pulling them off works fine for me so i can grow sensimilla. I think the femenization process has vastley improved and thats all i'm gonna say on the subject. I think it would be great to offer seeds in both regular and femenized form.

greenthumb

No one is looking to argue about it people just want answers, the only people that no the REAL truth about GHSC feminised seeds are Arjan and Franco, I would hope they could respond to these issues about there seeds but i dought they ever will why should the KING have to answer to us mear pesants!!!

dont take anything on the forums to heart greenthumb people just want answers, peace man take it easy.

Well great read and it backs up everything I have come to believe about greenhouse feminised through growing them. Or hermanised as they should be called. The greenhouse will be setting new herm records with the green-o-matic soon I suspect...from seed to herm in 14 days I'd be guessing. :-@

Sorry you took offence greenthumb, wasn't my intention at all. Wasn't asking you to google info on strains in your own grow room dude, just letting you know the greenhouse wreck was inferior and more herm than your original cut.

AND I am not trying to scare people away from fems, I just think they are inferior to regs and leading people to believe that they are 100% female is bad for the plant. Especially bad if people think they can breed with them and even worse if greenhouse are gifting them to the growers they meet when strainhunting.

Having said all that by all means buy them and grow them people, but dont spread the herm genes about. Look for the nana's pick em off and you should be sweet. But know that regs ARE SUPERIOR.

And all this leads to the conclusion that greenhouse do not want anyone having breedable forms of 'their' genetics.

Thats why regs have been pulled and that's why they only sell herm. Its a total toss, like I said before how crap is it to fly around the world and get all these talented breeeders to share their generations of work, and then act like its yours and no one elses, but we offer these great herms. Come off it.

I watched the malawi expedition and I do recall arjan trapping off about realeasing the malawi gold in reg form to everyone or statements along those lines...and I though sweet I be keen for some while I wait for their cracking hybrids to be created...well I must have been mistaken, don't think thats gunna happen.

I'm still waiting to see THE DOCTOR available for sale...coming up to three years now I've been waiting for that one to be offered...WTF?

ANYWAY... back on topic....anyone else got a full male from fem seed?

Have been keeping tabs on the church male and it is still all male expression.

The female church has popped a few nana's so it is slightly herm.

I am very intersted as to what the result of breeding with this male will produce??

If it is a full male throwback from the feminising process, what does that mean?

Fuzzy if you use fertilizers based on petroleum or based on guano the plant cant tell the difference and thats why the last two weeks of flowering is just water in order to flush all the fertilizers out. Thats why plants turn beautiful colors other than green when done the right way, its because the plants have used all available nutrients and are pulling the rest of the food from its leaves. I didnt take it personal vap hits i was just tired and didnt want to create any friction in the room. sorry bro. Anyway fuzzy if you dont use fertilizers you get crap weed. And those old school strains arent stronger or anti psychotic. In fact pure sativas smoked back then can produce very intense almost over whelming anxiety especially highland thai and highland vietnamese. Hope that helps

greenthumb

No drame greenthumb, I do go on rants when im pumped so I may come across not as I intend :-@

I will be taking possesion of the church 'male' very soon and will attemtp to get some pics up.

Funnily enough that particular plant was put in for germination on christmas day and being that it is male and from from a female 'church' that hasn't technically been with a 'man', I am thinking of naming the plant JESUS.

It is still all male and has been used to pollinate a prime bushy/branchy pheno bubblegum (serious seeds), this little lady has the best structure and SMELL of any bubblegum me and my mate have ever come across, so we thought it would be worth a test breed. The bubblegum is sooooo sweet fruity candy gum smelling from rubbing the shade leaf stems it is staggering, can't wait for the full bud resin smells! The church male is giving a minty/spearminty skunky gum smell from it and leaves your fingers slightly sticky from rubbing the stems. I have no idea what to expect from the cross, hope it passes the apricot flavour that the 'flavour wheel' says the church carries. But will have to wait and see. Just pray for no herm, amen.

I'm gunna keep it alive to pollinate a plant myself, since I lucked out and didn't get a male with my small reg grow. I am hoping the resulting generation won't show herm, and if they don't I think I might name the my cross GOOD KARMA.

Don't care about stability or such I have no aspirations to be a breeder, just need to keep my seed supply fresh, as I can't keep ordering seeds all the time as it threatens my ability to grow under the radar, and I can't be without my meds, life is hell without.

Cheers all.

• 2 weeks later...

REBORN !!! VIA IMMACULATE CONCEPTION - GERMINATED ON CRISTMAS DAY !!!

Ok guys, have had the plant all this week and have been busy collecting pollen...pretty cool experince the pollen sacks look really trick as they form like space capsules deployed from the mother ship. The pod comes out then the wings open up like hanger doors then it's bombs away!

Have found sweet apricoty smells on the older woodier plant parts - woohoo - still got the minty-ish skunky smells on the leaf stems and the plant has a skunk odour waft to it. - pretty happy with this little stud. God is great :-)

Have had the plant in my bedroom near a window and have had a terrible time sleeping since it has been there, my mind won't shut off until im absolutley exhausted...random thoughts and images...the plant has been talking to me I think...started writing down the messages and piecing it together...I must have the got it down right because I now feel at ease and can sleep again.

This is what JESUS - THE PLANT said to me.....

My brother and sisters, we are all beloved children of God and bound to the creation.

The path to God is purity and harmony in all things.

Freedom from dominion is not found in riches but in the earth.

Work not pyramids to the sky vying for one mans tomb of gold.

Fear not the conquering lion that sees through the eyes of a man for he will be left to stand alone.

Let my seeds rain like tears from God to quench the fires of greed.

Our glory and souls will soar with the wings of the pheonix.

True religion is found in the Greenhouse effect.

The plant also leads me to suspect that it will fade and die in time to rise again at Easter....so plant you fem beans then and you could be in for a suprise...... :-@

00000127305b43ab9a9d9d13007f000000000001

00000127307776a14f96bcea007f000000000001

00000127307a412cbe1f559b007f000000000001

Another interesting snipit cheers fuzzy, man you must have a library of these bits and pieces. :-)

The plant is tied to us I believe, we have a deep connection, we have evolved together. That is why we have landraces all over the world. Man has carried the seeds for thousands of years. Seeds are the basis of civilisation. The races of humans have interbred and so must the land races our evolution is tied together - the perfect symbiosis if you like. Science says that a large percentage of our brains are unused, well maybe the plant is how we activate the rest and evovle to a greater level of understanding, didn't Einstien use weed?

And with Rick Simpson rediscovering the true healing powers of the plant it is obvious we are ment to be together.

And if you watch the malawi expedition - the bit about the baboons stealing the buds to eat is even more proof of its benifits and purpose, maybe they eat it for its medicinal values or maybe they 'make party' and socially bond like Arjan jokes?

Maybe research into cannabis or even cannabis breeding could use the senses and instincs of apes in selection and breeding? Humans have an olfactory response to the herb....look at franco in the hawaiin snow grow vid how he smells the plant...the plant stinks so good to attract us to it...I wonder what strains sick or even healthy apes would select by smell? Be an interesting experiment I think.

A world of wonder....we just need to ditch the blind pursuit of money before we make ourselves extinct.

So this is the Male...... fem...... herm...... CHURCH that you have been talking about. you'll have to post some pictures of the next generation grow, it was being crossed with (SERIOUS) BUBBLE GUM wasnt it, youll have to report on that one it sounds like it will be nice. You'll have to get a couple of pics of the impregnated lady from your mates grow and post up. would be interesting viewing i think, it looks as tho the church has fairly good structure from the middle photo (greenhouse do produce amazing structure tho) be keen to see the mothers structure to see what the resulting generation will or may produce. Skunky Apricots X sweet Bubble Gum there will have to be something nice in that cross. keep us informed man.

• 7 months later...

Yea your right, their are a few ways to make fem seeds. Some companies use hermi genetics and some use the silver spray method. Which is the best way to go, I havent got any hermis in my White Widows, but any plant can produce seeds even if there isnt a male around given enough stress, its just a defense mechanism to keep their own genetics alive. Sometimes you cant help it.

i would be pleased to find a lemon skunk male ...

so far i dont have meet any hermi yet with ghs seeds on a few packs , so far i did all( 10 seeds pack) 1 color pack , lemon skunk , trainwreck , cheese , super lemon haze

i did a 5 pack of church

i have few plant of king kush and selected 1 killer pheno

so far no male and no herm

Feminised seeds will always have a place in a small grow if you only have room to keep 4 plants max and no space for a mother then feminised seeds are the way to go but if you have enough room to keep mothers and propogate cuttings then your making the biggest mistake of your life growing feminised as your mothers will eventually hermaphrodite especially if your like me and like to keep Bonsai moms the whole idea of a bonsai is stress which is used to keep the plant in a dwarfed state , I only say this as every bonsai mom I ever kept developed tiny leaves and only after cutting from the original plant and vegging for a week or so do they start to grow normal size leaves again. I just cant believe that forcing any plant to grow into a miniature version of itself cant place an enormous amount of stress upon the plant the best thing about bonsai moms however is if they last more then 2 years and never show a hint of hermaphrodisim then you have a strain worth of attempting to hermanised but if it cant survive 2 years minimum then it was always a hermaphrodite which just hadnt reached its stress threshold.

I personally when growing a new strain use a extremely simple regime to determine its characteristics and at the same time experiment with ph swings not into levels that would cause lockouts or deficencies but .5 swings taking my ph from 6.2 to 6.7 in soil I feel the large ph swing is an excelent way to test a plants stress threshold if it herms just from ph swings then obviously it is a strain that has a tendency towards herming more then retaining its female standing. After ph swings I experiment with temp and humidity, but it is a process that takes a very long time . But I trully believe that untill you stress your plants on purpose and keep track of the results you cant really say you know what your strain is capable of its easy to take care of healthy plants but the real skill is caring for a sick plant and bringing it back to health without damaging its genetics.

Its not really their fault if a plant hermis, I have only had one from Greenhouse hermi but every plant will do that if put under the stress. Greenhouse is the greatest seed bank, all the others really are a rip off. All the seed I got from the Greenhouse have always germinated and thats why Ill always be a costumer.

Good advice, Im going to have to try the ph method of your because I have put a few plants into lockdown. Yea, I think any plant can hermi. I just cut down my outdoor plants all female, but I used regular seeds and still I got a few seeds. I know that their isnt another cannabis grower around so it didnt get pollinated.

Well you do have to take into account that one male plant can easily polinate females in every direction for miles for instance I remember reading an old high times magazine and they did an article about how the pollen from the marijuana in the rif valley would carry in high enough quantities that the closest city which is about 60miles away has pollen warnings for marijuana alone. So I would think that a single male could polinate a female plant within 5 miles and if you take into account birds and bee's carrying pollen to other plants the range becomes huge.

I only recently got my Health Canada Personal use production licence and I wish I had applied to produce indoors and outdoors but I think I may have it amended for next summer as I have found a friend who owns a farm who is willing to let me grow on his property , He has an old dog kennel that has a chainlink top on it he said i can use it is 50 x 50 x 8 tall and can easily be electrified for security and I was thinking I would add some cameras as well as a motion detector. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the fact where he lives there are a lot of growers in the area and its gonna be very likely I will end up with seeds every year