Great White Shark

I have a few weeks left 3 maybe 4 if i go the extra week the hairs are just staring to turn red.She smells Lemony Fresh and I think its going to be Great.Its my first Plant indoors so I am very happy with the results so far.Ive been using all Organic Nutrients and I used Compact Fluoresents 6500K for Vegatative Growth on the Shark and a few of his younger buddys,it took a long time to get it 2 ft tall but I now have a 400 watt Metal Halide so my next Veg round will be bigger and better.I have been flowering her with an 1000Watt HPS in an Air Cooled cylinder on 12 Hours for the last 7 weeks and its been showing flowers for the last 5-6 weeks.

I can run mine as close as 6 inches and the Fan has to be blowing into the cylinder not sucking or the heat from the HID will cook your Fan it is a good investment to put a carbon filter on the intake cause it can get dirty real quick from moisture and dust.U should Vent the Heat and unwanted odour out of your space with this kinda setup.If u cant afford a carbon filter u have to put some kinda sock over the end to keep it clean.

I was going to run the intake from "outside" the room (basement-air) to the fan then into the HID-tube, then exit the tube and out of the room: BASEMENT-STANDARD FILTER-INTAKE-DUCT-FAN-HID-DUCT-VENT-BASEMENT. Using CO2 I didn't want to vent inside air out (will be using a carbon-filter for odor reduction, but recirculating the air inside.

I was wondering if a 6" vortex would be enough to not only cool the light, but also provide enough "push" to vent the hot air out of the room (it would meet a lot of "resistance" going through the Light-Tube AND 8 or 9 feet of duct work as it exits the light. Been contemplating getting an 8" vortex with a 6" reducer flange to give more flow. What are your thoughts- think its necessary?

Look for a 35watt Fan "Shen Ya" is the brandname of the one I have it looks like a Giant Computer Fan and is less than half the price of a Vortex and isint any louder and it will push all the air you need. Vortex Fans are Expensive Bulky and they use a lot of wattage and only really worth it if u are trying to hide the noise from the Fan.If you find one shouldnt be too hard, Id just wrap Foamy padding around the 35watt fan if you want to hide the noise.How many watts is your HID? you could run 2 35watt fans for less than the price of a 6" vortex.One in your basement pushing the cold air up and another before the light pushing the hot air out. Dont overspend on equipment,get only what you need to get the job done so save some cash and buy a bag or more seeds with the money you save :}-

Do you run and HPS Ballast and Switchable MH Bulb or two seperate units. I have a 1000 HPS Air Cooled and just got a 400 MH for my next Project. I want to get this 1000 watt dual filament bulb with a 600 HPS filament and with a 400 MH filament inside the same bulb and run it with my 400 MH so I have 800 watts MH and 600 watts HPS for vegatative growth ,then switch my normal 1000 hps bulb back in for the Flowering.

Hey CC... I just purchased a 1000W digital ballast (not a "brand name")... just some no-name jobby... I got a really good price ($175 plus $25 shipping) on E-Bay... The next best digital ballast price is a Nex-Gen 1000W for $299) For vegetative growth, I'm using 1000W Sunmaster Cool Deluxe MH (enhanced blue light for vegetative growth) and for flowering I'm using 1000W Sunmaster Super HPS Deluxe (150,000 lumens). I'm still constructing my grow room, so I don't have any plants yet, but I tried the digital ballast and its super quiet and super cool and lights the bulbs very quickly and brightly (supposedly up to 30% brighter versus magnetic core ballasts???). Those are some interesting bulbs... do you have a link- I'd like to check out the specs...

• 1 year later...

Do you run and HPS Ballast and Switchable MH Bulb or two seperate units. I have a 1000 HPS Air Cooled and just got a 400 MH for my next Project. I want to get this 1000 watt dual filament bulb with a 600 HPS filament and with a 400 MH filament inside the same bulb and run it with my 400 MH so I have 800 watts MH and 600 watts HPS for vegatative growth ,then switch my normal 1000 hps bulb back in for the Flowering.

Average:

Select ratingPoorOkayGoodGreatAwesome

table cuisson induction