Grow Himalaya Gold

Fabian136

Hello i have buy Himalaya Gold seeds and i have look the video and i dont understand 1 think

Franco say on 7.58 min: week 6 PH 5.7 and EC 1.8 and afther in the same week he say flush or flash ? PH 5.5 and EC 1.3 i dont understand that because i not speak good english can you help me i want make a perfect Grow :)

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered HG too. Waiting for them to arive. The video infor is listed below

Veg. 4 weeks

PH 5.5

EC 1.4

Day temp 25C

Night Temp 19C

Flwr 6weeks

PH 5.9

EC 1.7 to 1.9

Day temp 25C

Night Temp 19C

Flush weekly

PH 5.5

EC 1.3

Guest superbluehaze

That is correct;

follow all the recomendations for EC but not for PH ;

Green House, in their videos, use Rock wool as a medium, which is slightly alkaline.

Therefore, the nutrient solution has to be made slightly acidic to compensate for this.

In any other medium, the PH would be a few points higher so that, for example, the flush would be:

- EC 1.3

-PH 5.8 to 6

happy growing,

john

EC 1.8 and afther in the same week he say flush or flash ? PH 5.5 and EC 1.3 I believe this is reffering to the flushing solution. If you are doing a hydrogrow one should flush thier system once a week to prevent any salt build up in the root zone. Salt Build up will prvent the nutrient from being absorbed by the roots.

Guest superbluehaze

Franco is refering to the flushing.

To flush once a week seems too much, as it does starve the plant a bit; once a month is fine, but it does depend on your medium and the environment.

When it is hot plants take up more water and leave the salts behind in the medium; these salts build up and making the medium toxic.

These excess salts change the osmotic transference of nutrients at the root zone, reversing it so that water is drawn out of the plant.

The PH recommendations are for growing in rock wool and would be slightly higher for other mediums.

With Flushing it is important that you measure the EC of the water going into the pot,

and the EC of the water once it has passed through the medium;

This measurement will tell you if salts are building up in your medium, and if you need to flush more often.

happy growing,

john