NPK 13/14

They say you should add npk 13/14 for 6 days in the 2nd or 3rd week of flowering from what i can gather the plants need this through the flower period so they get everything they require. has anyone used this through the full flower period?

Thinking of giving it a bash along with my flores and boost through the whole stage.

Attached files IMG_1438_0.JPG

Guest superbluehaze

You must be using Canna nutrients;

It is the 3 to 6th week that the plants bud profusely;

the plant needs exrtra potassium and phosophorus as well as secondary and micro elements.

I do give my plants extra potassium at the time but I use seaweed and fish emulsion as an additive to my base fertilizer.

The extra is only needed during this flowering period and will not be used before then,

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

yes i do think the plant will benifit, and that will show in the size of your buds.

Canna are excellent nutrients; nothing on the market can touch their product rhizotonic.

But by all means use it ffor the plant will benifit, but if you have the money Canna also make a flower booster.

I have not used it, but it is organic and sounds excellent.

In the last 2 weeks lower your EC,

and at 10 days flush with plain water,

and if possible no water at all for the last 5 days

happy harvest,

john

Nice one man, thats me just in to the 4th week of flowering and the Ec is 2.2 i use all canna products and have the rather expensive boost in my arsenal. funny enough you should mention the boost because that made me think and ask the question about the npk. there was some conflictiing information on the bottle from the website, it read on the bottle ath the first sign of flower add the npk for 3-6 days and then with the boost you can achive better results combining with the npk so i was just gathering thoughts on this.

H3rbalizer

Guest superbluehaze

tokage is right;

your Ec is a little high, but you are aware that it should come down later.

Personally I never go over 1.8.

This is particularly important when using organics, either as an additive(as I do) or as a complete food.

with organics, a lot of the nutrients are in an insoluble form, and do not add to your EC level until the organic matter is broken down by various bugs;

once this material is broken down into soluble salts,

then EC levels can soar; be careful.

I like the sound of Canna Boost, but have not used the product, but that may change very soon.

happy growing,

john