Sinai Land race from Egypt :)

moudak

Aloha Moudak, The Big Island of Hawaii has 12+ different climate zones because of the two 4,200 meter elevation mountains that seperate the windward and leeward sides. On the windward side it is a rain forest with up to 4+ meters of rainfall a year. On the western side of the mountains it is very dry and biochar works well in both situations because it acts like a bio sponge for the nutrients and the moisture. You can make biochar today and it will be in the soil for hundreds of years after you have harvested your original crop. It is a gift from above that will keep on giving for many generations.

http://www.carbonrootsinternational.org/biochar/

• Like 1

Hello guys, Just bought the 400 L peatmoss, Compost with blood traces and Perlite a couple of days ago. Will be adding Sand at the bottom of the pot for proper drainage.

In the mean time will be transplanting the ladies into their new home the fatty pots. Will post the new setup for them.

Peace

post-19188-0-27446100-1356114537.jpg

post-19188-0-21630600-1356114541.jpg

post-19188-0-37049800-1356114544.jpg

post-19188-0-36661100-1356114547.jpg

hey man,

make some holes at the bottom of that pot if you can, they are not the best for cannabis plant but i guess you must not have many choice in your place, if you can find something with holes at the bottom ;)

Hello Dust, I was surprised when I have chosen these pots as initially they didn't contain any holes at them, But I asked the guy to drill a whole for me in all 4 of them for drainage he resisted at the beginning but I managed to make 4 holes in the middle like twice the size of a normal coin and I did put a clog inside it to hold some water and not to drain all of it.

Thank you for pointing this out. I hope you change your mind now cause you made me have second thoughts now for them.

if you have done some holes already it should work ;) Next time try to analize and see where the best position is for the holes so water don't sit too much. But you live in a hot country and i guess water must not resist for long in the sun ^^ so girls should be fine all in all ;)

Give it a try lots of people do wonderful plants outdoor in big trash bags so you can manage a few pots no? :P

Good luck man

• 1 year later...

Ow what a great thread and a great find, be interesting to see how these turn out! I've just recently bought my self a pack of Sinai from RealSeedCompany in UK, fingers crossed they produce something as good as what you get to smoke.

Can I just ask though, you not going to flower off those plants under a crappy CFL are you? when you have that wonderful middle eastern sun at your disposal? If you are flowering under CFL then expect a terrible yeild from the land races. Also ensure the CFL is no more than a few inches away from the plants.

Personally I wouldn't use silicate as a foilier feed, it may block up the stoma on the leaf. I'd use it as a soil drench personally, I find it works wonders fed that way. Stop feeding it as you go into flower though or it'll affect the taste and burn of the bud.

I use enoculated biochar in my compost mix but one thing to note is that is raises the PH so bare that in mind. It will help you retain water, as will you clay pots too, which I'd imagine could be an issue in a dry climate such a yours, even when growing indoors.

Another excellent amendment to soil is "volcanic rock dust" or "bassalt" as it's also known, it's an excellent source of trace elements and helps your plants tollerate droughts more etc. 

Start you own "wormary" in a shaded cool spot in your garden, the "worm casts" it produces from your kitchen scraps (peelings) will improve your soil a lot and provices nitrogen and phosphorus.

Another big thing in my opinion is "innoculation" of the plant, I feel it'll help you immensly in your climate/region. I'm not sure of a brand you can get in your county but look for things saying "mycorrhizal fungi", preferably try and get it in a granular form, so you sprinkle the granules onto a wet rootball.

If I were you I'd go commpletely Organic and not mess about with snythetic nutrients and PPM and all that nonsense. Chances are the land race genetics would respond better to an organic based fertiliser anyway.

Good luck for the future mate. Let me know if their is anything I can help you with.