Kalashnicova Outdoor 2015 Completed

gasmeter

Gordon thanks for the heads up man

I thought that if I started a couple of months earleir I would be OK, I will save the two beans I have left for when I set up indoor, had to put my research on hold at the moment crazy busy with work.

Looks like I need to look at some auto flower beans then, what would you suggest I check out at GHS for a suitable strain, the climate where I live is pretty mild for the north west due to being at the coast.

Yeah, it's rather the opposite, plants put out before June are said to take even longer to finish actually.

7. Don´t Start Too Early Outdoors – For several reasons! If you are starting outdoors June 1 is perfect. But if I start earlier I will get bigger buds right? Probably Wrong! Its strange but usually true: Plants started in early spring will get big but they will take significantly longer to start flowering. This is because at the peak vegetative period they sense the light cycles getting longer and longer, until June 21. But they don´t realize that its time to flower yet. Finally in the middle of August the plant says “HEY” “time to flower already” and it produces buds in August and September or later they will be tall as trees but thinner buds due to the fact that the sun is not as strong in September. Now if the ganja plants were put out later, as soon as they get a foot off the ground they say “what´s going on” I am just in early veggie and the light hours aren´t getting longer in fact SHORTER” Then the plants go crazy and since the sun is so bright in July and August you get amazing 6 foot trees that are heavier than the plants started in April!!! in addition to finishing earlier the late started plants are not nearly as noticeable.
Source: https://marijuanacannabis.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/the-10-biggest-mistakes-growers-make/

I can't really say, I guess all of the autos will be good, I don't really like autos for outdoors because they don't grow as big as in indoor setups and they are pretty high maintenance when you want a good result. It shouldn't be a problem for you but as I grow guerrilla style I just can't afford to water them on a regular basis and if the days are dry it will take its toll on the yield. It's just too much effort for me but seeing that you have the possibility to grow at home you should be alright. There's no room for mistakes with autos.

Hi Gordon, thanks for the useful info, that has given me a lot of food for thought.

Yes I noticed that the yeilds of the autos are a lot lower outside some less than 100 grammes, which was why I decided on the Kalashnicova thinking I would at least get a potential yeild.

It is amazing that planting early can have the opposite effect, I suppose the only way to make this work is to be able to control the light and take the plant inside somewhere or cover it properly and trick it into flowering by adjusting the photoperiod.