please help me to choose one grow package

Vic.liu

Hello
Is it your first grow?
The difference is in the led pannels here and to be honest I never used led because they are pretty expensive. For your first you can also use HPS ou CFL for a cheaper set up.
It also depends how many weed you smoke maybe 300W is ok for what you smoke or maybe not...

Hi @Vic.liu I run a Mars Hydro LED that uses 150 watts of power but it is the equivalent of a 250 watt HPS lamp, here in the UK it cost me less than £20 per month to run whether in veg on an 18/6 photoperiod or in flower on a 12/12 photoperiod and the lamp cost me about £160

The tent your looking at is 3 foot by 3 foot and 6 foot tall you should be able to grow more than 2 plants in there, my tent is 70cm X 70cm and about 5 1/2 foot tall and right now I have 4 Sweet Valley Kush photoperiod gals in there which are now in week 2 of flowering and I can see there is enough room height wise.

Previously I have only grown autoflowering plants in the tent, although the tent is a bit crowded now they are in flower I have a dehumidifier running to keep the humidity under control so the fact they are all touching each other it is not an issue, if I was not controlling the humidity I would soon run into problems with powdery mildew.

When I have the LED, 6 inch fan and dehumidifier running it is still less than £30 per month for power.

There are quite a few people here on the forums who run LED's in their tents have a look at some grow journals in the indoor section I have at least 3 in there growing under LED

The other thing about running an LED lamp is heat issues are just not the same as running an HPS lamp they do generate a shit load of heat, right now in this heat I am having to keep the door unzipped and wide open to keep the temeprature stable at about 28C and keep it under 30C with just a 6 inch fan in the tent, if the lamp was an HPS I would have a much bigger problem.

So as well as considering what space you have for a grow tent, how much you wish to spend on power to run a lamp as well as fans and dehumidifier, here in the UK in the winter months the heat from the LED keeps the tent at a comfortable temperature with just the 6 inch fan so I just open a window to help air flow, if it is freezing I only have the window open a crack so the room does not lose all its heat but air can flow.

I have only been growing indoors since 2016 and I love the LED lamp it is so cheap to run and does not get crazy hot, so fire risk is minimum too.

12 hours ago, Vic.liu said:

Thanks for your reply, it is my first grow, but I have read some article, they said that the led is more power saving... :umnik:I will find some HPS light and then choose one.

Yep LED are more power saving but let's say you will do 2x grow it is cheaper to buy and use a HPS. If you plan for long term LED is the best option.

I also agree with Gasmeter LED produce less heat and that can be a problem in this season for example.

Let's say you grow in your atic in this summer with a HPS it will be very very hot.

But I you grow in your cellar with LED you will perhaps need a heater during winter...
If the temperature is not optimal the grow is not optimal.

13 hours ago, Jx- said:

Yep LED are more power saving but let's say you will do 2x grow it is cheaper to buy and use a HPS. If you plan for long term LED is the best option.

I also agree with Gasmeter LED produce less heat and that can be a problem in this season for example.

Let's say you grow in your atic in this summer with a HPS it will be very very hot.

But I you grow in your cellar with LED you will perhaps need a heater during winter...
If the temperature is not optimal the grow is not optimal.

Thank you JX, I have seen some HPS grow lights, do you know how many watts should I need for 2 cannabis in 2*2 grow tent?

We are talking about 2 foot x 2 foot which is 60cm so 60cmx60cmx160cm right ?

I will say 250 w HPS if you want a 400w hps you will need a cool tube in there and i think it is still too small even with a cool tube you have need a bigger box for 400W 80cmx80 at least.
You can also choose a CFL 300W.
And if you want to use LED I would say 200-300 if you want to put more W I would advice you to get a bigger grow box but it is my opinion and I never grow with LED yet.

• Like 1

Hi @Vic.liu your welcome bro

I think @Jx- has provided a great answer and covers the bases for a 2' X 2' tent and lamp options for coverage of that space.

The links you provide are for a 3 foot by 3 foot tent, but growpackage.com do not provide much useful info about the lamps and the space they provide coverage for.

Check out this link to the Mars Hydro site for LED's for a 3 foot by 3 foot tent https://www.mars-hydro.com/by-coverage/3-x3-grow-lighting

The first LED would be great for veg in a 3' X 3' tent but in bloom it only provides enough coverage for a 2' X 2' tent, but the next lamp is good for 4' X 4' in veg and 3' X 3' in bloom so it would be a good fit for the 3' X 3' tent.

Here in the UK I find the 6" fan is OK in the tent along with the dehumidifier when the plants are in flower, but now because of the heat wave I have a 12" fan blasting air through the room even with the light off to keep the temp below 30C at the moment it is about 26/8C obviously as the evening progresses it gets cooler and about 10pm I can switch off the big fan as Jx- said it depends on your conditions.

At first I was only growing 1 autoflower in the tent so I did not have issues with humidity, but as soon as I started to run 4 autoflowers and fill the tent more then I had to buy a little dehumidifier to keep the humidity under control 4 plants transpiring hard can soon make the tent humid like a little rain forest and powdery mildew will soon follow.

At first I did not even have the 6" fan in the tent, but I realised that having the air moving in the tent and blowing on the plant helps to stimulate the plant and encourages growth.

It is tricky at first working out what you need I used Mars Hydro simply because they made that a lot easier with good useful information matching LED lamps to the size of tent.