UdonPenguin - A History of Growing

UdonPenguin

Udon - age 21

Goal - to grow some ganja

issue - parents

It was 2003 and i wanted to have a go at growing some weed. i had a collection of seed from random bud or weed.

I had an issue a mom against weed and a dad in polatics. luckly my dad was as intrested as me to see how they grow. That was it i had a green light (in my eyes) so it was time for germination.

I got 10 of the seeds i had and put them in a piece of moist tissue into the airing cubaord. a few days later 7 of them had sprouted a root. (bare in mind i didnt research much or know much other than genral garden knolwedge)

we planted all the sprouted seeds into one big pot to see which wud grow the best. we then waited 1 week to see how they were devolping. we new we couldnt grow all of them so we picked the 4 best ones and planted them in each there own pot(dont know sizes etc).

we kept them in the green house and only watered them with rain water.

on the 6th of july 2003 my ladies (luckly they all were) were looking like this one:

first lady at nearly six feet high in july

Dont have a clue what variety but i thought she looked beautiful.

the other pics are still to come

I ended up cutting them down mid October but the buds were not well developed and had little resin on them.

it was however one of the best experiances at growing any kind of plant i had ever had. heart.gif

Now we fastfroward nearly 7 years

i made with a lot of smoking and made a lot of new contacts/friends over that time but i hadnt got my grow on since that great experiance.

My parents didnt want it again as my dad became Mayor of my town i live in. which is fair enougth.. For some unkown reason they never changed there mined after that year, in there eyes weed became bad really bad (dam them).

Now in my later years (unfortunatly still living at home(well at this point)) i became a cunning man with a lot of time on my hands as i got my back problem that put me out of the working game.

2010 i decided to clear the garage and also build some secretish compartments. one with a T5 light for seedlings and another with a single fan and 150w blue cfl lamp (pic below)

2010 small veg box

I had ordered some medical seeds and i got Northern lights x Big bud

Seed Pack

So with my new grow rooms i tryed 1 seed and here are the only pics after it had sprouted.

nlxbb 01

quite tall. maybe too close to the light.

then a few days later:

nlxbb 001

looking good

nlxbb 002

sadly they are the only pics i have of my Northern Lights x Big Bud as i had some guest arrive next.

As i have some lets say more productive growers as friends i end up doing a lot of favours ie driving etc. Usualy I collect some big bags and if i can i take a pic of all that goodnes (pic below)

Cola Bud 1Kilo

They are very experainced growers and i only get high quality bud from them. as ive been friends for about 10 years i have a very good trust with them.

This led to me getting a batch of cuttings to look after while i was vegging my nlxbb.

I was also building my flowering box which wasnt so secret embaressed_smile.gif (pic)

Bloom Box so far

i was telling my parents that i was building a shooting gallery to hang tagerts and collect pellits (yer right)

i managed to get this frame fully bordered with blackout on the inside and diamond reflective sheeting on the top and bottom like seen in pic above.

Sadly i didnt event get a picture. Before I could even put my son t (red) 250w light in my dad disasembled it to try and put his car in the gargage for winter (bullshit he never even got his car in that winter) he hurt my feelings a lot with that as he did it behind my back. sad_smile.gif

Back to my veg grow and now i have about ten cuttings consisting of Cheese, Blue Cheese and Afgan Cheese.

I took 1 of each to try and veg out in my little box. To start of with it was great the upgrade in the pot size realy saw a difrence in grow rate. the plants started to take shape over the next week.

During this time i got the other cuttings moved on. Then the worst happened I had some degrade of a couple of the plants. I didnt realise at first but i had got spider mites.sad_smile.gif

i started using a spray every day on all of them, Luckly they seem to all come threw but while i was dealing with the 3 cheese plants i had neglected my nlxbb and it seemed to had stoped growing (it was beening grown in a diffrent set-up to the Cheese plants as they were soil mix) I couldnt get the roots to grow again so it just withered away.

Bye this time(nearly 3 weeks) i had sent off my cured Cheese's to there flowering life up North. Here are the pics of them before they went.

Afgan Cheese

Thats the Afgan Cheese

Blue Cheese

This was the still recovering Blue Cheese

Cheese

The one and only Lady Cheese

lets get closer to you Lady Cheese:

Cheese%20week%203%20close%20up.jpg

One Healthy Lookin Girl She is regular_smile.gif

Just like that they were gone out of my life cry_smile.gif and all i had now was a die nlxbb DAM IT. Nothing to even try to flower.

The only joy was 8 - 9 weeks later i would enjoy some fruits of my work with the Cheese Ladys.

This made my christmas one hell of a CHEESEMAS and It Was GOOD Realy GOOD whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Thank You

For reading my story so far

Next on my agenda a step into the auto world for 2011 ! lightbulb.gif

I

Cheers Tokage. They are really specially at there age one 72 and other is 67, I smoke around the house and I get it pritty dam easy.

They didnt know about the veg box before but now they do and ive dismantaled it to make my 2011 efferts.

Get ready For the new epic - Grow Udon GROW (but be a ninja grower)

Coming soon regular_smile.gif

Guest superbluehaze

An excellent post,UdonPenguin; Tokage is right, a lot of parents would ring the coppers, especially with your dad being a politician and being such a respected member of society. Your parents do sound like very understanding people.

good luck with it all,

happy growing,

john