Cooltube setup

TTH

3 Cooltubes w/ refl. ordered today teeth_smile.gif.

Im putting 400w in each cooltube.

Serial connect the venting, drawing air from outside.

Ill be using insulated flexi tubing on 80%.

Fan capacity to easily cool through summer months.

What fan do i need to make that setup work?

Make a spinner or what is called i dont know excatly, put it before cool tube. Pushed air will make spin around the tube it down a temp from 2 to 4celsius. It's similar tohigh pressure water jets, when caps make spin the water. It really works, cos nothing almost and you got a low temperature benefit from it. Try it. :)

shades_smile.gifIf you are going to link the cooltubes with duct all you need is a good quality INLINE fan like below. The cooltubes don't require massive air flow just a constant flow. I have tested Cooltubes in the past and had bolbs/globes blow if the fan stops as the heat builds up inside the tube it softens the lead solder and brakes the contact. But I Also no off people not using a fan at all????? My suggestion get a good quality inline fan matching your cooltube size.. The fan below can be bought on e-bay or any good hydro shop for around $50usa. It's only 40watts and come in all sizes. They can look after 4 cooltubes no problem...Like i said cooltubes don't need massive air flow just a nice constant flow is fine........Happy shopping

ductfan_6black.gif

This may help. The RUCK fan is the inline fan shown above and air flow is directed toward the filter. In your case with 3 Cooltubes just link them with the shortest amount of duct you can. Hang the lights as low as they will ever go. Then run your duct. The filter isn't requried it's a bit off over kill, just run the duct from the Inline fan out off the room or set the fan up outside the room so all you will have is 2 duct lines running in and out off the room, which end you put the fan is up to you, job done

fan8.JPG

Guest superbluehaze

I use cool tunes 4 in 2 rows of 2.

I have a cann fan 150mm - the more air moving through them the better.

use a centrifical fan - and remember they are only as efficent in reducing heat as the temperature of the air moving through them - if it is 40c outside, then no matter what you are going to have heat problems without an a/c.

The cann fan I have moves a lot of air;

this is the model I use:

Model: RS 150

Duct Size: 150mm

Watts: 65

Flow Rate L/Sec: 97

The Can-Fan range is manufactured by globally renowned 'Ruck Ventilatoren' in Germany, for Can-Fan. The fans feature solid metal powder coat housing and a reverse curve blade design offering low noise and high ouput. Centrifugal fans should be used in any application that requires air to be pulled or pushed through lengths of ducting greater than five metres, multiple air cooled lights, or with carbon filters. Centrifugal force spirals air for maximum flow rates in high pressure situations.

The flow rates stated above have been supplied by Ruck Ventilatoren Germany under professional testing conditions and are 'TRUE' values set for other regulated industries such as commercial ventilation.

In winter I do not use a fan at all with the cool tubes or if I do I have the exhaust fan running, I run it at a reduced speed.

all the best,

john

Hey TTH you will need to blow the air through the light cos if you suck you will decreasse the life of the fan as the bearings will fuck up with the constant heat. i have 1x600w that fits a 5" fan and i have a 4" inch intake which keeps the room cool as i need it evfen on hot days. see my video for the set up that DFWI describes.