Leaf damage done through my use of Canna Boost as an additive with my normal flowering feeding schedule

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi,

Enclose is a video of my present grow.

There are 6 strains here,

and the flowering plants show the damage done through my use of Canna Boost as an additive.

I only used this product because it stated that it could be used safely with any feeding schedle.

This is not the case, as my flowering plants show.

Within hours of using Canna Boost my plants started to deteriorate.

I flush straight away, and have been nursing them back to health.

I guess the motto here is to be-careful when using new nutrients as an additive.

From now on I will stay with what I know is safe, and if I use a new product, then I will test it first on just one plant.

take care,

john

Guest superbluehaze

thanks knuckle,

the haze 1 is most affected;

I pruned off all the dead and dying material, and I think she is slowly coming back.

it is my fault; I should have been more careful, but I believed what Canna stated about its product Canna Boost, and if used with only Canna nutrients, I am sure it is a good product.

I find it very limiting just to use one brand of nutrient exclusively.

live and learn, I guess mate,

take care,

john

Hey John ,,

I was expecting it to be far worse my friend,,

But your a master when it comes to regeneration and restoration,,

Is good you spotted it and dealt with it as fast as you did ,,

Blessings Syn

It is bad man,he could of killed them all.

I would be real pissed,get some hate mail to them super to get there facts right.

So glad i seen this as im sure sixpiece was recommending it to me on chat.

I hope they recover mate,I recon the ones in veg will but god knows about what the smoke will be like on the ones in flower

Good luck,take care

shades_smile.gifYou are right John Canna products work just fine with Canna products. I personley used there full range for almost 10yrs since they 1st started in the early 90's.

Addvise I have been given by a leading hordicultal chemist and scientest at the CSIRO Who often tests stuff for us in his lunch hour. He is always saying in student lectures and department papers, unless you mix your nutrient from base chemicals like Drunkknucklehead does or you have the use of at 30grand mineral seperator and counter, your safest bet is to stick to the one brand as each brand is designed to work together. Mixing brands without analyzing is just guess work..........His words not mine

Canna use some of the strongest stabilizing buffers off all nutrients and are very well known for affecting the balance of other brands and using any hydrogen peroxide contianing products with Canna is a very big no no.

I no you and many find it limiting to only use the one brand but I must ask why????? In my 35yrs of hydro everytime I've had problems it has been the result off mixing brands. Many times you can get away with it and unless your an expert grower you won't notice anything wrong.

Great that you picked it up so quick and flushed. I no you are probley no longer a Canna fan but honestly have a look at Cannazym link is below, If you have had any root damage as a result, this is great washes and strips dead and damaged roots and unlike the booster it will no affect other nutrients........................Happy growing

www.canna.com.au/cannazym

Guest superbluehaze

thank you syn;

rix I have sent them an email but, in the end, it is my fault.

I should have done the sensible thing, and tested it on one plant first.

live and learn.

thank you for the advice dfwi.

We all do what we feel is best for our plants;

There a a large number of brands of nutrients that are designed specificailly for mixing with other brands of nutrients(i.e.additives);

I do mix nutrients using inorganic and organic nutrients.

many brands are designed to be used this way; and what prevents it from being guess work is the manufactures directions on how to use their product. It involves a trust.

I disagree with your scienstist friend - for I can see the end results, and if a product works, then I use it again.

I have done so since I first started growing, for I believe that organics adds to the quality of the final product, and that the buds are more fragrant and sweeter through my use of organics than they would otherwise be.

This is the way I grow; it is a leaning curve and I do make mistakes;

I do rely very much when using a new product on the manufactures directions on how to use it,

and without these directions I would be just shooting in the dark.

Canna in its product information stated that CannaBoost is safe to use with all feedings,

and not fot it to be used just with Canna products.

my plants are proof that CannaBoost is not a safe product to use with all feedings as they state.

I expected better than that from Canna.

My mistake was that I should have used it on one plant first as a test.

My yields are very high and the quality is excellent, so I will stay with what I know, but next time,

if I try a new product,

it will be tested on one plant first.

Thanks for the link dwfi, but I do use Friendly Bacteria and fungi for that with seaweed;

Nutirfield's Zyme is a similar product to the Canna one, and it also contains enymes and various growth stimulates. There are a nuimber of similar products on the market from different manufactors. Seaweed is also another great source of enymes and natural growth stimulants.

You must be joking if you think I would use Canna products again.

make a mistake once, and it is expereince; make it twice and that is being foolish.

I have feed the plants fish emulsion and it is doing them good.

Enjoy Nimbin, mate.

thanks to you all;

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

hi dfwi,

It is true what you say;

Especially Nutrifield's cargo Boost - its formula is a secret as it has been patented;

This is easy to understand, as these products were developed by a distinguished Horticultural research scientest, and the formulation is based upon his personal research, so it must be keep secret.

I use the Nutrifield range because i like their philosophy of using inorganic and organic nutrients together;

but here I think we are talking about two different things and philosophies about growing.

not that one is right and one is wrong, each method is different.

When one is using inorganic nutrients then it is not such a hard thing as the ratios are stated on the bottle,

but when using organic nutrients, they can not be as pure as the inorganic nutrients, nor does one really want them to be pharmacologically pure, like inorganic nutrients.

I believe, through my own growing experience that I get a better final product, without the loss of yield or growth rate, by using inorganic and organic nutrients together as i do.

This way of growing is not that hard really -- one just watches the plants very closely, but one must be very careful about mixing any organic nutrients that have a high ratio of natural growth stimulants in them.

Mixing 2 organic products that do contain high levels of growth stimulants or plant hormones, whether they are producted by the same company or different companies, does cause conflicts between the nutrients and this can cause damage to the plants through too high a dose of plant hormones which interfere with the uptake of vital minerals by the plant.

growing this way does have problems, you are right, but I guess we all have our own way.

I get good results with Nutrifield and Carlos (from Nutrifield) has helped me enormously to use the Nutrifield range productively.

without his expert advice, I may not have done as well with these products.

that is really what has sold me on Nutrifield, and that is their excellent customer service.

I also use Cyco Dr repair,and a couple of their other inorganic nutrients, if I feel the plants need extra iron, calcium or magnesium. or silicon but these are straight chemical nutrients and that makes them fairly easy to use without causing conflicts.

I do not know enough about chemistry to know these things so I put my trust in the company that produces them, and the results I get from using their products;

What I attempt to do is watch my plants, and the environment always dictates what nutrients they need to thrive, and that is what i attempt to give them.

I also use some of the Yellow bottle range of flowering stimulants; I have made many mistakes but I do learn something from each one, and now use these products together with great success.

Hydrogen peroxide kills all micro organisms - Nutrifield 's business, or a large part of it, comes from producing nutrients that combine well with their full range of benificial bacteria and fungi.

It is a complete package that works really well;

I can not, therefore, see them using hydrogen peroxide in any of their nutrients as it would totally neutralize a large number of their products, and this is not in their interests.

They do produce a product which is a mixture of micro organisms that is a form of natural hydrogen peroxide, but what happens here is that the micro organisms in breaking down old root material produce as a by product oxygen, but this has nothing to do with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).

however, I know that Cargo Boost does have ammonia in it as one can smell it.

I think as long as the plants have the elements they require, then nutrients regardless of which company produces them(assuming they do contain all the elements necessary for growth in the right proportions) all work well.

I do think there is more to plant nutrition than the 16 essentail elements, and that is why i also use organics with inorganic nutrients. I believe the buds are more fragrant and tasty than they would be if I used only inorganic nutrients.

it is good. however, to discuss our experences;

Canna advertised CannaBoost as an addative that could be used with any feeding schedule; it can not be used safely that way;

this is the reason why I am disappointed with them for.

take care

and all the best

john

Guest dfwi

You are absolutly right John there are many additives out there that are designed to work with one and other. But my point is Companies like Nutrifeild do not fully disclose there recipe and like you said it's based on trust. Every chemist that sets out to make a Nutrient has there own theroy and recipe. I spent an Hr on there site the other day and all there data sheets under section 1.4 Ingerdiants say "Proprietary Reserved" I even have a few 5ltrs i was given to try mths ago that only display part off what is used on the label. Because off differant chemical laws around the world almost all companies keep there recipies secret to get around export, as I'm sure you no some chemicals are a no no in some countries. like you said the hobby grower relies on what info that company provides and after having differant brands tested in a govermet lab over the years. I can honestly say they put stuff in that's not on the lable fact. The proof is in a e-mail I recived from Nutrafield saying they where sorry but can not disclose the full recipe?????? I will send some nutrifield to get tested and let you no the full make up. Others I have spoken to have suggested Nutrifeild have traces of Hydrogen Peroxide in it. If thats the case there lies your problem. If you read Canna's stuff they strees it will not work with Peroxide in your system. Canna is a world leader in nutrient and was one off the firts in the 90's to go world wide. The Chemistry behind Hydro is 1 off the main things that i get into. Industry Chemists at the momment are unhappy at what they are calling cowboys with fancy lables....................Happy growing will forward results for you when i get them peace

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

dwfi,

where is your rely to all this?

argue it here rationally, and do not send me condescending and rude messages;

it you are convinced your way is right;

then argue for it rationally, in the forum politely.

john

Guest salvador
yeah - argue for it rationally, in the forum politely

waiting for your reply to the man john dfwi....

Guest superbluehaze

thank you salvador,

I am not the only good grower here, there are many, but we all pride ourselves on growing our plants as best as we see fit;

I do not know all there is know about growing, but our site works through co operation from all of us;

we combine our experiences and help each other.

That is why I am proud to be the grow guru here,

but that title does not mean i know it all, because i do not;

but if one of my fellow strain hunters needs some help, then I along with others are there for them to do our best to help, and that is why i am proud to be able to contribute.

Franco is the master grower and breeder here;

and there is no place here for condescending attitudes or ego;

I hope Dwfi will see that we all have our way of doing things, and in the end it is the results that count,

and no way is right and no way is wrong, just different ways of doing things, of growing.

and if you argue for your way, well and good, but it has to be done rationally, and one should not think that you know it better than others because no one knows it all.

I am still learning, and I think that will always be the way with growing for me.

thank you, my friend, for taking an interest and for your support.

take care,

john