Hello from an Englishman in Holland

chillybean

Big hello to everyone on the forum. I'm an Englishman firmly rooted not to far from Amsterdam. I first got my feet wet many years ago with SOG back in Chicago. These last four years in the Netherlands I've had a lot of fun growing in my back garden. Without having to look over my shoulder every five minutes or worry about the neighbors is bloody brilliant...I love this country! Thinking about growing myself a few indoor plants and that's why I joined this forum...to educate myself..and make some new friends.

Guest superbluehaze

hi chillybean, and welcome;

I am off to live in Holland too in about 5 months;

it is going to be a real shock, after living here in Australia all my life.

enjoy my friend, and if you have any questions about indoor growing then we will all help.

take care,

john

Thanks Superbluehaze,

Yes it will be a shock..a pleasent one for sure. From my experience of living here (as compared to other countries I have lived in) people are more chilled, they respect your privacy, and leave you alone...if that's what you want. If you want to be social there's plenty of open arms. You don't even have to worry about learning another language. Australian, for the most part, will work just fine.

Less sun here of course than in Austaralia but hanging out in the dam will bring a ray of sun to even the dullest of days. Always puts a smile on my face to openly shop for herb.

Cheers,

Mark