the haze 1 - showing bending techniques to reduce height and encourage growth outwards rather than up

Guest guest

Guest guest

here is a video of my Arjan's haze 1 which is in its second week of flowering;

this video showing how bending techniques can limit height by re-directing growth outwards rather than up;

here i have bent the main stem, and by doing so all the side branches and laterials grow vertical, so that a lot of the plants growth energy is directed into side horizontal growth, and not so much into height.

all the best,

john

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

I will try to explain how i trained her;

I let her grow naturally while in veg so that I ended up with this:

haze1%20c_0.JPG

in about the early stages of flowering, I bend the main stem so that all the side branches grow towards the light;

this causes the plant to spread outwards rather than to concentrate all its growth into height, so that I end up with a plant as below:

P5240126.JPG

I train the plant by gently bending the main stem a little bit each day, and sometimes staking it, so that the side branches grow towards the light and with them the laterials.

take care,

john

Just thought I would add to this (iI wil do a threa on what I do too).

You can pinch or break/bend main stem an it willl the focus food on to the main arms,I also bend/break them too.

Bend your main cola upsie down by the flexiblest part of the main cola or squeeze till you feel the crunch,few cm under the buds should be softest,if they dont want to bend or are stubborn dont force as they will snap completely,just squeeze them.

I tend to do it all rather then top, the branches from bend/breaking get thick quick,its some thing to do with sending hormones to others and using there recovery energy to fix the breaks that makes them focus on growth,they compete for main cola status,this can give you up to 8 main colas,may be more as every bud branch will reach or virtually reach the height of the main cola,this is were I bemd/break the lower arms to get them to grow out and up,it works a treat,Ive tried to do piccys but my cameras crap..

I would recommend bending over topping but people have different reasons for different techniques.

Bending/breaking lower arms downwards makes them grow out and then up,pinching will just make them grow stronger/bigger faster but dont make them grow out so id say bend/break is best for light reasons and yield.

You dont want to break as in pearce the outer skin (slight pearce is ok),its more of a notice able bend with no pearcing of the skin..

It works an gives good well real good results every time.

Look at the far arm on the right of this picture and all the others for that matter,there the 1st arms,cola arms and look how thick they are..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recovered

Photobucket

Another recovering

Photobucket

I will stop hijacking your thread now lol

From what I read they say dont do it in Bloom,I probably wouldnt do it after week 2 or 3 of bloom.

I have done it all the way threw and do many branches multiple times if they look like there getting to tall or to bushy or lower arms look weak,I wil most likely have 6 main cola arms and chop plant in half come harvest and let bottom half finish as the arms and bud definition is so strong its worth doing.

Yes toke,sorry super,I was taking a look and had pictures to hand so thought it would just help people understand it a little more.

As you say Tokage theres many good ways,I guess the main thing is when to know you have to stop and make sure your doing it in the right place..

This topic and our advice given is proven In my opinion so members should try it with out fear,exactly what I love about this forum,no crap just honesty,tried and tested help that works.

Take care all and again,sorry super,was not my intention to hijack,just wanted to put more information in for the members.

I wont do a seperate thread as I think theres plenty of Information here.