ventilation problems

darkhaze

i am having great trouble with my vent system. the problem is that my ventilation system is not able to remove all the heat from the lamps. till yesterday i had only one hps bulb working and everything was ok. yesterday i transplanted my babyes to bigger pots and switched on the second hps and then started the troubles... my 2 vents are working at max speed constantly and the heat in the box is still over 28-29 degrees celsius.... any suggestions how to cool my box down because am realy worried about my girls and will they be able to live in such a heat.

I think that 29 degrees is okay, not ideal, but okay. As long as you have an osilating fan circulating the air in your box, and your not getting any burn from your bulbs. I've grown indoor at that temperature, and i grow my outdoor in an arid climate with average summer temperatures of 36 and even 40 on many of the really hot summer days.I'm no expert but i hope that helps

Guest Turtle

you could always add another rvk to your air intake,,

pull a decent volume of fresh air in from outside,,

give your circulating fan some cool air to circulate,,

questions ?

how big is your room

what size lamps are you using,

what reflectors,

Hey darkhaze, if you add co2 to your grow you can grow with warmer temps consistantly and you'll get fat buds. just make sure to turn off co2 enrichment at night because when the lights are off plants breath oxygen instead of carbon dioxide. and make sure the co2 is released over the top of the plants because co2 sinks. do a little research and this solution can cure this problem very easily. hope that helps

greenthumb

i bought 2 new cool tube reflectors and the temp is now ok, but the girls are still looking bad... there are burns on lower tips of the leaves ,but upper leaves look ok for now ... any suggestions - i think it's heat stress but it could be some feeding problem because after the moving to bigger pots i started feeding them with the Hesi nutrients for soil and some of them have their veins darker and come out. i will post pictures as soon as possible because i'm realy woried about their health.....

Guest Turtle

The girls should come around ok,,

They stronger than we give them credit for,,

worst comes to the worst give them a flush,,

N build up the nutes again slowley,,

super thrive is always good when you shocked the shit out of your girls to,,

Always have a wee bottle of it in my plant meds box,,

Guest superbluehaze

It is great stuff, superthrive and so too is rhizotonic; here it was over 40 c day after day, and I lost some plants to root rot, but these two products helped to keep the others healthy and brought the sick one back when it become a little cooler outside.

regards,

Guest Turtle

Superthrive rocks,,

Its great if your super cropping to,,

Moves things along nicley,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But everyone should have a bottle in the medicine cabinet,,

Glad it helped dude,,

• 1 year later...

Sorry friend, but, i have not a great experience as the other friends that are here now, but for me, you must tell the size of the grow box, and the other elements that you have in your grow tend.

If you turn up the vent, to the lamp at first the hot air go up, and second if you have an injector air that brings fresh air from outside and 'better.

I have the gorw room in the box of home, and the temperature is about the 28 degree in the day and 17 in the night.

For me you must try and try again until you find the solution.

Hello, Simo.