ANTS!!!!

kdstanhope

Hi Folks!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this one.

I've got a problem with ants. A very big problem. Its my outdoor grow. Now when I say outdoor it really is outdoors. There's a post floating about here somewhere about the site - its in a valley, near a beautiful river.

Its the standard little black ant - monomorium min... But there are millions of them. If you stand still for 2 seconds they will cover you from toe to knee. I have no idea where the main nest is. When we setup the area we thought we'd chased them away - used soapy water, then tobacco tea and finally... actual insectacide. They were gone for a few weeks but now they're back. With a vengence.

Theres no damage to stems, leaves or shoots, in fact the girls are rocking - no other noo-noo's trying to get a free lunch - but I'm sure the little ant dudes are going to start at the roots if they haven't already...

Anyone got some novel ideas on chasing them away? I will consider acts of extermination... but if it turns out that they will kindly share the area without causing trouble then groovy, they can stay for now - even though working in blistering heat with ants crawling all over you is really shit.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the advice guys. Has anyone heard of using cinnamon? Apparently this is kryptonite to the ants... don't suppose anyone has tried it before?

I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and I'll report back with results.

Thanks again for the help, next step is borax... despite crop circles clearly showing each plant ;-)