Ams strain not germinating

Bongtok4u

yeah dust i saw your post about mt paper towel comment to be honest ive never understood why people use that method it seems to me that soil would hold moisture better then paper towel and if you plant your seed directly in your medium you skip having to exspose the tap root to air and the oils on your skin. my only guess is people do it casue they dont no what side the tap root comes out on. i used to use the paper towel but i had problems all the time with the paper towel drying while im sleeping or at work too many times i had two seeds not germinate and had to put them in soil to make them pop so i just decided to plant my seeds and then add some water the old fashion way from then on in and i havent had a single germination problem since. i do under stand soaking the seed before hand tho but the paper towel to me just seems like an unessary step that could cause problems .

• Like 1

Hey there greenomatic87!

You talk about paper towels step being un unecessary step, but that is just your point of view.

By skiping that step, you miss wich white tip shows up first, wich one is faster to grow, if they grow at the same speed rate, just to mention a few..

And that's something very important for the attentive grower - think about breeding and seed development information used by some top breeders, greenhouse to test for germination rates etc - or like me and most of others not a breeder but un interested grower in many levels of the process of growing cannabis plants, "from seed to harvest"! ;)

If you realize you would get something necessary for your needs in using the paper towels further on, I think you just have not to let yourself sleep on it again, and dont let it dry!

The more you do it, the better you get at it! :)

Take care

• Like 1

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree with Rom, if you use the paper towel step you get more useful info about the likely future of your plants, and know exactly how they're getting along.

You just need to remember to check on them twice a day and sprinkle more water if necessary, once they've popped have your medium prepared with a 5ml deep hole pricked with a skewer, then gently pick up the seed with tweezers and place it in the hole with the 'dot' on top, then gently cover over with a little dusting of medium. (If using transplanting into rockwool, I gently pinch the rockwool with the tweezers just above the seed in order to cover).

Bongtok - I assume you keep an eye on the temperature of the room/space where you are germinating?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

i had the same broblem whit a.m.s seeds they look wery bad 2of them wer like a russin like and only 2 came upp of 5fe så you are not the only one! and i have 20years of experiens! but the2 ho surwaided was wery niiiiice!!!!!! wery lång flowering time but its really something special!!!!