the church

rico1977

Guest samuelo
With my current crop - I switched lights off for 36 hours and then switched to 12/12 and 6 out of 6 plants had white hairs within 5 days

Guest superbluehaze

thanks for that samuelo. As the seeds are female seeds, and I was worried if I did leave them in darkness it stress may make them turn on me, so now I know.

happy harvest

Guest superbluehaze

The church has 3 phenotypes. All of them are excellent, but you have hit the jack pot. Your phenotype is, in my opinion the best. It will stay low and takes after one of its parents, northern Lights. Watch you water cycle and let the soil dry out well between watering. The plant is showing slight signs of over watering.

Also, 2 phenotypes are more sensitive to a high level of nutrients; but from the picture your plant is not one of those phenotypes. I burnt mine slightly by giving them to much organic nutrient, but this phenotype liked it, and was not bothered by it, but the other 2 were.

Your phenotype is vigorous and grows real quickly but will stay short but do watch how often you water.

The church(the cool one, with sunglasses) in my post is the same phenotype as you have. I veged it for 6 weeks; the others were veged for longer

happy growing

Guest superbluehaze

watering every day I think is too much.

Over watering causes real problems, whereas under watering does not, because the plant will wilt, and you will see the lower leaves and branches hanging a bit. first.

As soon as it is given water, you can see the branches coming back up.

This will not hurt a plant too much, especially if it only happens once so that you can gauge when to water.

If you over water, it displaces oxygen in the medium and the roots need oxygen to stay healthy and absorb nutrients.

As the water displaces oxygen, this produces the idea conditions for root disease, which can very quickly devastate a plant.

Therefore it is better to slightly underwater than over water.

When to water your plant does depend on a number of factors, the main one being how large you pot is and your soil. The roots do need to go through a wet and dry cycle.

Put your finger into the soil to a depth of around 6inches, if the soil feels wet, do not water but wait until it is dry.

Plants can survive under watering very well, but over watering can kill them.

Watch your plant, especially the new growth and the leaves for any yellowing;

Fertilization: your soil has nutrients in it, so be careful about giving it more nutrients;

just water her with half strength nutrient for a while and if she shows any deficiencies, then give her full strength.

An excellent way to give your plant nutrients, with out risking making the soil toxic, is to feed the plant by spraying the leaves both top and bottom(especially underneath the leaves) in the morning(not in full sun) with a 50% nutrient solution every week, or every few days. Drench the plant in spray, which should be a fine mist. I hope this helps, and your plant is looking a lot healthier in the last post with pictures.

good luck and happy growing

john

Guest samuelo
Hey Ricco

Every other day is cool for watering, depending on how much you are watering - you can water every day if you like - just dont overwater i..., you will get to know your plant and whats she is into, if you underwater then you will notice her leaves drooping a bit - even considerably - but try not let it get to that stage as can cause a lil stress

how many weeks into flower is she? i usually hold off the nutes until 2nd week of flowering then i start building the girls up on the stuff - do it gradually so the plant can get used to it - ie small doses and building up to usual level of nutes - raising the nute level over a week should do

there are also different types of nutes, some can be used after 2 weeks, some like to be added after 4

with nutes remember to stop using say the last week/ 2 weeks of flowering so that your buds dont get clogged up with the stuff, just feed as normal with plain water... I use water that i have boiled in the kettle and left to cool

Guest superbluehaze

Do as samuelo said and start the nutrients;

do you use sea weed?

Since you are now flowering,let the soil dry right out before you water again.

This practice has been used for centuries, and as the plant is thirstly it just sucks it all up, and less water is a trigger for the plant to start ripening;

Water well but leave it until the earth is dry to about a depth of 6 inches.

http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/The-art-of-ripening

happy harvest, my friend,

.john

like blue haze said. watering can be you biggest problem and for begginers is usually where they have there biggest problems. your roots need to breath. watering every day is not a good idea. what i do is water my ladies and then onceit seems like they need to be watered i push my finger down about 5 inches to 6 inches into the dirt and if its dry i water if its not i wait till it is. as for feeding them i would start feeding flowering nutes right when you switch to 12/12

good luck. everything is looking good so far.

• 2 weeks later...

can you get a closer picture ? that does look very much like a male pre flower but there is a chance it is not. with my white diesel they would but out little things that looked like a male pre flower at the internode but then they would pop open and start putting out leaves and turn into a branch. there are a decent amount of plants that do this so this could be the case.

can you please get a closer picture ? if this grow is of the church that you ordered from ghsc and it is female i dont think it is a hermie or a male plant but it most likely is lets just hope its what i said becasue trust me with my white diesel every single plant would do this and when i first saw these i chopped them down but once they happened to all of my ladies i figured i mine as well let them go a little and maybe atleast make cookies with them or save the pollen and ya they were not males and those male pre flower looking things cracked open and shot out leaves. so give it some time.

Guest superbluehaze

Greetings,

That plant is an hermaphrodite.

You can save it,

and to prevent it dropping pollen you must check for and remove all the developing male flowers.

You will have to do this everyday or two.

. Separate this plant from your others if you can,

the main thing though is that it has to be checked every day and all developing male flowers removed by hand;

The plant will then develop sensimilla, and bud normally.

happy harvests,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Those are certainly male buds,

get rid of them straight away, as they are about to release pollen and will seed the whole plant,

as well as those close by.

You can always recognize a male bud, by the 4 segments which form the bud;

it is these that break open to release pollen.

You will have to keep a close watch on the plant, and get the male buds early.

happy harvest,

john