Strain Hunters Chat Issue

Primzz

Guys dont wanna come across as a muppet but have raised the issue more than once. The Chat Bar and the bottom of the site is never really available for myself that is. I know some are also affected but it seems to be me the most lol.

Have said to admin about it but seems like its here 1 day and gone the next. Im not a PC noob in fact i work in the IT ind so i know its not a hard issue to fix. Seems like the moreusers access this site it raises the traffic and then when traffic is high the chat goes. I clear cashe and cookies and browser history but still nothing.

Admin then works there magic, its fixed then next day it gone???? If honest i think that chat bar is one of the est sellin point of the site, its basicly direct access to info or just general chat what ever way you want to look at it.

Not sure if its a archive prob or a hosting prob or just my prob but its really doing my head in, miss and love you all but if the main sellin point of the site has gone then its just another grow site.

IMO i think the chat should be sorted or at least kept maintained as its not good to be there 1 day and not the next, and its not my own issue other are having the same prob and words getting out.

I moved from RIU.org because this site was the Nutts but now i checking back in to RIU.org and others seem to be having same issue as me and not even bothers with raising the issue with admin anymore.

Sorry if it comes across as moaning but i love being a member here i love you all the same (maybe a few a little more, you know who you are :) ) but its silly that the same issue keeps poppin up just want it fixed for good, can understand the site may have the odd prob but this chat thing need to be looked into.

Also have mentioned this i am a web developer so if you need any help let me know, its FREE :)

Peace

the chat is actually switched off (for some user groups) at the moment as far as i know. it does not run from the same server that runs this website. so there are no issues with the cache. we're going to install a different chat soon. admin is on the road, he'll be back on wednesday. use the shout to chat or the forum till then. sorry :P

Ok guys,

the chat works 100%. I have been testing it extensively.

I had the same issue on my laptop. the chat just said loading.... and didn't want to load.

The way I fixed it was to update my browser, and turning my security level for my browser to LOW. I'm not sure exactly which setting is blocking it, but I am 100% sure its a browser issue. something to do with POPups and Cookies I think....

If you accidentaly closed the chat, you can reopen it by clicking the "chat" link in your personal menu on the right.

If you continue to experience problems, you seriously need to check your browser, because I have tested this chat in 3 countries, with 4 different browsers, on windows and MAC machines.

and white rhino,and the other moderators. I switched all priveleges off for the time being, as there are some idiots trying to hack the site on a daily bases and I am busy plugging the vulnerable holes of the CMS such as the bug which alows a hacker to login with 500 sessions to crash the database.

Primz: If you want to help to develop a new chat, go right ahead, any help is appreciated. however its not that simple to create a chat with the functionality that we currently have. Also the chat we use is a paid commercial script and hosted on a third party site, its possible to modify the module, but its not a simple script that you can just edit!

try to chat on another computer and see if it works then. update your browser. play around with the cookies, popups and security settings.

let me know