wintering

indicando

Hi, I need a third opinion

in winter would be effective to switch lights on at night in order to warm the room a lil bit?

ofcourse heating fan will be added with a thermostat

The thing is that at night mostly the normal heather would be on since someone is at home..

and during the day the tempterature won't drop close to freezing..could this work out? any agreement?

Thanks

Guest samuelo
Hi Indicando

Sure - it is fine to use lights at night so long as during the day they have complete darkness which if in a tent/closet/grow room indoors they should be

Its also cheaper on the electric if you have the lights on during the night

The heat from the lights should be enough for the plants during the light cycle being on but when light is off you should also try make sure room doesnt get too cold

an heating fan with a thermostat they are very cheap and they won't let temperature drop below what ever you want!

anyway I must disagree with the small portion of light...in nature they still have moon at night..maybe pitch dark isn't the right choice..please argue with me about this too..

Guest superbluehaze

No problem, my friend;

I always run my lights at night, when it is cooler outside;

If you are flowering, just check that the room is in total darkness -

in the room you should not be able to see you hand in front of your face during the dark cycle.

happy growing,

john

I grow outdoor in my terrace, and I switch mine to flower by taking them inside the house and by not letting them get more light after the day light is gone, but thats my case. What i've learned is that they can have light in the dark period, but not direct light on them! The dark must be almost total at least, and the hand in front of you face technique that superbluehaze said is a good way to check that out!

take care