Autoflowering Super Lemon Haze and Sweet Mango 600HPS from seedling to harvest

Hemperor

Hey guys, is day 26 of my ladies and they seem to enter in the flowering stage already. 

I am still feeding them with the Startbooster Nutrient and the Stress Regulator.

I am wondering if I should trim some water leaves so the branches with little flowers on it  to have more light? Although I have read that it is not indicated for autoflowers because they don't have that much time. All 4 have about the same height.

I am still going to give them some time before I switch to Topbooster and Flowering related nutrients. 

Besides that from my beginner's opinion everything looks alright, I managed to lower the temperature and they are growing visible day by day. From the photo's you can easily see which one is the Sweet Mango and which ones are the Super Lemon Haze Auto :D 

Thanks in advance!

image2.JPG

image1 (4).JPG

image3.JPG

image1.JPG

On 3/28/2017 at 10:42 PM, Cannabissapean said:

Thats a male.

Leaf edges curling upwards can also be a sign of over-watering.  Cannabis likes dry periods between feedings.

Thanks for the advice regarding the dry period between feedings. I did not gived them so much dry periods until now.

In the last days they seemd to have a nitrogen defficency and I have tried to change that, I lost just a few bottom leaves from each plant.

They seem in the flowering stage now, hopefully I will not mess them up, it would be disappointing especially for a first grow. 

There are 2 pictures 

1.JPG

2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, superblue said:

my friend,

your plants are showing slight heat stress. Have your light about 2 feet above your plants and lower it slowly as the plants grow. Put the back of your hand under the light at the top of the plant if it feels hot put you light higher. Heat build up is a problem in tents, no matter  how  high the light is. Is your light air cooled, if not I do this if you can. The above plant is a male, Get it our before you flower. If you wish to you can use the pollen from it, to gain your own seed. If you are interested in doing this, I will tell you how to do it without seeding all your plants. I will check back.

all the best and happy growing,

john

Hello John,

Thank you for the support! I have managed to fix them, they seemed to suffer also from nitrogen defficency but now everything looks fine.

My only biggest problem is the heat which I am working on.

I was actually happy because of the  male, I have pollinated only a branch, hopefully I will get some seeds from that one. 

The lights are not air cooled, the high temps are also due to the increase of the hot outside, this is also a factor and I am thinking to let the lights run mostly during the night.. :D The distance between light and plants is not so small, but due to the small tent and a powerful lamp.. feels more than summer haha.

I will update with some photos soon. The flowers are looking lovely!

Thank you!

19 hours ago, superblue said:

I am pleased all is going well. With nitrogen def, the yellowing starts on the lower older leaves. One is dealing with nature and problems always develop, but you have got onto it early, which is great. I should have suggested running your lights of a night. In summer heat is always a problem. I grow in a large room, but only use a small space to grow in, and I run my lights of a night. This has 2 main advantages, it is cooler outside, and if you have a digital meter installed by the power company, you have access to much cheaper  electrical rates(off peak). In a tent, as I used to grow, before tents were on the market, in a frame covered by black/white plastic, and I always had problem with heat(i live in Australia) until I included a small air conditioner into the mix.   

good luck with your grow,

john

Oh, I wish I had a fully room where I could grow. But for now I am really thankful.

I belive Australia is hotter! :D It is a good advice but I belive that there is no chance to switch from giving light during the day to give them only during the night..I guess this will somehow affect or harm them. So far they are doing good, managed to keep the temps between 26-30 in the last days. The nitrogen deficency backed up although I lost some leaves, but is good to know for the next round what to do in time and what to expect for.

Today I was surprised to see some little seeds forming on the specific bud that I have pollinated.. another surprise was to see that by misstake I have pollinated also a part from the plant nearby it. But I am not mad at all, I hope it will be a nice strain out of that Indica Male and Sativa female! 

Besides that the buds are starting to form, it is really amazing how they develop.

Thanks for the support! Good luck! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, superblue said:

My friend, you sound quite young, I am 63 years old. In time, if you continue with growing, you will have a room  to grow in. I do not know which part of the world you live in, but Australia is hotter. Take my word, if you decide to switch the light cycle to night, it will not harm your plants. The lights can be on 24 hours and this does not harm the plants, in fact, they grow faster in veg, in flower the plants do adapt as long as the cycle is changed over in one night. Why I do it for is because of the reasons I gave you, but also here in Australia(sydney) at this time of year, the nights can be below 16c, but with the lights on(I am using 3,600 watts) the temps say ok at night, and during the day the temp is around 20 C. I will have to buy a air conditioner as in winter time, the day temp can go as low as 8 Centigrade, and the plants stop growing at 16 C, I will have to heat the room in some way and an A/C is the most efficient way to do it.

The secret to pollinating only one plant or the lower buds of a few plants, is to separate the male(they do not need much light) collect the pollen, and then take out of your tent the plant you wish to pollinate, and with a paint brush tab the pollen onto the female buds. Keep the female plant outside the tent for around 3 hours(it takes that long for the pollen to germinate and fertilize the bud). After 3 hours, spray the plant with water(water kills pollen and this prevents other plants being pollinated inside the tent), let it dry and then return it to your tent. With the seeds wait until they are ready to fall out of the flower. Good seed should be brownish and not white. It takes around 4 to 5 weeks for the seeds to develop.

good luck my friend, and happy harvest,

john

I feel amazing to receive such information from people with plenty of experience. I am at my first grow, there's still a lot to be learned. Actually due to the fact that I did not get the plant out of the tent to pollinate that specific bud, the other plant near it was also pollinated. But no probs, I can't wait to test out something like that.

I live in Belgium, here the temperatures are not so high but still it would be better to run the lights during the night..

By the way, I just saw your YouTube Chanel, nice! I will soon update with some photos!

Thank you for the support John! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 9:45 AM, superblue said:

I have come back and had a good look at your plants and post. Firstly, my friend, It is possible that it is a genetic problem(as one other person said one turned on him)but I have been growing female seeds for a very long time, and I have never had one turn male on me. That this has happened to you, I would suggest maybe  because of that"regulate" nutrient. Fertilizer companies  are making nutrients that will work with all plants, and they often put plant hormones in their nutrients. It is possible that a hormone  has made your auto turn male.

It only happens that a female plant grown from female seed turns male, if it is subjected to extreme stress. Send an email to the company, and try and find out if that nutrient does contain plant hormones(whether chemicals or natural hormones).

Secondly, my friend, you plants did not have a nitrogen deficiency, the leaves were turning yellow because the plant was over watered. The roots need oxygen or else they die, the pots must dry out quite a lot before you water again.  The roots of cannabis  like lots of oxygen, and it does not like to have  damp feet.  The soil must dry out to allow oxygen to displace the water.

My pots are 52 liter  in perlite and I water  around once a week, if that., the the pots are must lighter to lift. The secret to growing amazing pot, is to master the watering cycle. Watch you plants, they will tell you when they want water. When the plants are really happy all their leaves are full outstretched; then  the plant is really powering, and  it swills up. When a plant does that she is powering and the osmotic pressure is spot on. That is what keeps a plant up right    is  osmotic pressure.  I watch my plants and when I get it right(it is perfection and it is hard to achieve) little droplets of water here and there come out of the leaves, the plant is powering and the somatic pressure is spot on.  

Watch your plants,  you will see them stretch  out reaching for the light, if the soil goes through a wet and moist cycle. When the top leaves start to droop at bit then I water.

some tips my friend.

if the soil feels even a little damp at the middle joint of your LARGE finger then do not water. Wait until it feels dry .

pick up the pot and when it feels light, then the plant needs water.

watch the green house videos, they say to let the pot dry right out. They demonstrate with a 65lt pot.

With a window, to hide  your inlet or outlet, use lace curtains; they allow an exchange of air but cannot be seen through during the day, and, only at night if the room is well lite. Behind the lace you can place white plastic, or fiber board  to hide any light in the room, while still allowing an exchange of air, through a opening in the board. This will be hidden in the day, and as long as no light is escaping through your duct, hidden also at night.

some   pictures to show what I mean about a swollen  plant reaching for more light showing that the osmotic pressure is fine:

13-4-2017 example 002.JPG

above is a skunk 1 vegged for 3 weeks and in its 2 week of flower. She is in an 18 liter pot. Unlike the others which are in 52 liter pots. Notice how she is reaching for the light from the top of the plant right down.

white lemon flowering bud.JPG

white lemon pheno 1_ main bud.JPG

The other two pictures are of white lemon powering and swollen up.

Happy growing, mate.

john

Nice grow and advises John!

I have followed your advice and gave them water only when they ask for it, when the leaves are faint or pointing down. Actually the most of the times I water them when I see they are not looking so filled with power. First time when it happened to me did not really know what is it and why are all my plants pale.

So far everything is going good, I have attached some photos where you can see that since 2 days ago some leaves started to turn yellow, shall I consider this as an almost end of flowering, end of life? They are just finishing the week 9 right now. I have checked the plants who developed seeds but they are still green (not ready yet) and I really want to have a bag of seeds after this first experience. Only 1 of the 4 girls is filled with seeds, the rest are mostly bud.

Considering I have just finished the week 9, by following the GHS description, both the Sweet Mango and the  Super Lemon Haze finished their life. Do you think it's wise starting to flush them?

Once again thanks for the support John, 

Cheers from Europe!image4.JPGimage3.JPGimage2.JPG

image1.PNG

image5.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks John! 

It happened today that I realised it's week 9 and they are about to finish, I'm really excited. I will keep checking the plant with seeds to see if they turn brown, untill then I would like to keep her under lights, I am saving some money for the next time.

Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, It's day 67 of my Sweet Mango, I did not harvested yet because the colors were changed only partially. Now it seems like the upper leaves started to die, I attached a pic, I don't know exactly how it should look when is time to harvest. Do you think that I should finish the process? :D Thanks in advance!!

image1.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.JPG