Natural deterrents

Squale

just wanna share this one real quick, since I am lucky enough to have a fair size garden here with about 18 mango trees and other fruit trees, I have as well fire ants that happen to live on those trees, they apparently protect the mangos from other type of pests which is brilliant but I can't tell these are Nasty B...d!! Lol not only they may bite you but they actually run for you when you happen to be on their turf... They are mental!! They build nest with the growing leaves of the mango trees and they are everywhere!

Now unlike Africa or Australia they are only 1cm in length but that is good enough to deter you from going anywhere near them!

the brown ball leafy thing you can see is their nest...

Anyway I need to find a way to keep them away from my gardening spot, although due to weather conditions in my area and said multiple times already, I'll grow in sort of airpots, still need to find a way to keep them out of location without irradiating them as they are there for a reason.

Squale.

" We don't see the world as it is, we see the World as we are! "

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

you could use a smoker  like the honey collectors use i believe, the ants should run away from it pretty fast

i would also try to keep the ants to protect the plants from pest if you can find a way to work around them

maybe a bee suit would also do  the trick :D without the need to use smoke, one or the other hehe

I should probably recall this thread as: " my exotic pets " lol.

Here is another one of my many friends... It's called a "Toko" named after the noise is making after each insects he is eating... It shout "Toko" several time and each time slower and longer then the last one.

They are man's best friends around garden and house holds as they eat everything from Moths, bugs and bloody Mosis!!

these ones are around 30cm long and part of the Gecko family. Love them to bit!

Squale.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...