Best place to buy equipment

John-E-Blazed

Hi guys,

This is probably more of a question for the posters living in the Netherlands. Where is the best place to buy growing equipment? Online? Is there a really good grow shop(Noord-Holland area) to get everything at? Most of the sites I keep finding have everything listed in Dollars and will need to ship internationally. I'm looking for a LED UFO growlight 90w 4 color spectrum and a SilverBox Grow Tent 0,5 Mq - 090x050x160cm. These are the two big items I'm looking to order, I figure I can get most of the rest of the equipment at local stores. Thanks, and happy growing teeth_smile.gif

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Jimmy, That is the the I was thinking of using. But ther UFO LED 90 W light seems to be double the cost as I have see it on the other sites in Dollars. I was seeing it from like 140-200 dollars. Thats site has it at like 350 something euros.Is there some kind of wholesale LED online store?

If the GHS Administrator pops into this thread I would be interested to know where you guys get your equipment :D

I've had the search engine roaring. But am having trouble finding sites in the Netherlands to order from. Which seems really odd considering it the Netherlands :D I get linked to tons of American sites and a few British sites. I mean if I have to en up doing international shipping I will. It just seems being in the Netherlands I figure there be some big time store to buy equipment from and I can't seem to locate one either online of a location of a store. If there isn't one I am seeing an opportunity in a big market LOL But I will try basemnet lighting, maybe I will get some different results by wording the search differently, thanks Tokage :)

That's a good one. Still having trouble finding LED's though. Doesn't seem like a lot of the growshops currently carry them, or if they do the selectio is crap. You know a good site to find the UFO LED? You've bee alot of help tokage, much apreciated.

Do you guys use HPS or LED? The 90W UFO LED I want is said to be stronger then a 400W HPS and 90% less on electric needs plus little heat. I could be wrong but it seems perfect for the grow box I am trying to set up. Or do you think I need more for 2-3 plants?

Have to be honest though, after searchig around I'm almost tempted to get one of the complete home box sets. comes with lights, fans, meters, ect. The i might branch out from there. Not bad though, sets run anywhere from 300+ euros for everything. Hard to argue with that. only thing i am concerned with is how much power it will take and what the bill is going to be lol

Yhink very carefully about the led choice especially the bulbs as you need the high power version that must be cooled or they will fail instintaly you can up the wattage and build one easy get the parts from ebay and loads of information on how to build i am still going to attempt a build after xmas. wickipedia has everything you need to know about the bulb and the correct selection is nesecerry for the photosynthsis purposes and spectrums should be researched as some of the led's have 5 spectrums ;)

I have 4 120w LEDs I've bought from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300371125821&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

They are in China, but deliver world wide, and are really easy to work with. They are currently advertising the 120w for $159, pretty good.

If you want to see them in action you can check out my super shed posts in the Grow Room Design forum.

As for everything else I buy from:

http://www.discount-hydro.com/

They are huge! And just happen to be about an hour from my place ;)

^^^Thats the ones^ high power and cooled, the thing i dont get is why the 90w has no cooling system and the 125 one has ;) to be honest man electricity costs aint that bad i am £22-25 a week for my set up, 1x600w 4 fans, 2 cfls totaling another 375w and was thinking the same as you when deciding what to buy, the electricity cost. now things dont seem so bad on the usage side of things i will be having another 600w to replace the cfls then i need another 2 fans but still convinced the 600w is the way to go after seeing results from both light types.

You mentioned a kit, they are well priced but seem to be medioka brands if you can buy the best you can afford ;)

Thanks for all the feed back guys.

Those look like a good choice of LED's and it's hard to argue with their results looking at the your pics. I'm not opposed to spending for quality equipment. The kit kind of just put everything I need all together. I think I'm more worried about missing something, or not having enough of something, that sort of thing LOL One of those should be enough for a 80cm X 80 cm X 120cm or 160cm grow box? I was thinking of maybe adding a 125W CFL for under the canopy as well. Or will penetration not be a problem with a box that small? I plan to grow 2-3 plants at a time.

Not sure why the 90W has no cooling system. From all the specs I read, it was said to give off very little heat.

There is almost too much info for a beginner out there. It's really nice having you guys here to help sort it all out. Much appreciated.

Happy Growing regular_smile.gif

man in that space you would see better results from a HPS 600w forget the LED and CFL next on the list ventilation then you have to consider medium, but i cant stress how good the ventilation should be whatever light you go with, smaller fans for the LED'S and larger For the HPS. medium will be your next decision so you will have to weigh up the options yeild or taste?all about the lumens ;)

I think I would probably be looking more for taste then yield. I'm not looking to sell. This is going to be a hobby and for personalized stashes. I'm all about the taste and smells. Something like a wine snob, but weed instead LOL I'm liking the LED in the above link. I have read that they are stronger then HPS. But I seem to be on the fence with what to go with. Everyone makes good arguments for both :D

I haven't had much thought about medium yet. Just really started looking into it. the lights and bozes have really take up most of my focus. I don't think I am advanced enough yet for Hydroponics. So I would imagine some kind of soil base. What would you suggest? I've read alittle about coco pebbles and adding volcanic rock and such. But like I have said, the other stuff has had my attention so I'm really have no clue LOL

Really enjoying the conversation :D