Greetings from Aotearoa

Kahu

Greetings Strain Hunters!

Posting here from the islands we call Aotearoa - "Land of the Long White Cloud".  In that era when the British liked going about and renaming lands that already had owners and names they called it "New Zealand". Naturally, they couldn't help themselves, and got to fencing off the land, taking land that didn't belong to them, cutting down trees in sacred forests, and so on. Soon enough they got to telling everyone what kinds of plants they can grow. Hypocrites, eh?

As for myself, I'm dealing with traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, PTSD and anxiety. Cannabis helps me deal with the worst of my symptoms, but it is still not available to people like me via the health system. It looks like that might change soon. Doctors are not allowed to recommend cannabis, but off-the-record, they might suggest some "herbal alternatives" that could be effective, or just straight up say that some people have good results with cannabis. This is one of the plants that helps me a lot. It's a pure Afghani landrace. When this photo was taken, around week 6-7 of flowering, the bracts start to swell up and fresh pistils burst out. It reaches its full potential in 9 weeks, if everything is right. This grow is for my personal use, so I'm looking for therapeutic quality with my selections. Trying to stay close to nature, using organic nutrients and pest control. Hope to learn more from the experienced growers here.

af.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Kahu and welcome to forum :)

There are many people who consume cannabis to seek relaxation, avoid stress and / or anxiety. Without a doubt, it is a very effective natural remedy. I hope that soon it will be loyal all over the planet... although we already know that there are many hypocritical politicians and that can delay its global legalization.

Very good photo, I love it. Are you dedicated to photography?

Cheers