a sacred plant - datura

Guest guest

Once upon a time a long, long time ago, a boy called A'neglakya and his sister A'neglakyatsi-tsa lived deep within the Earth. As often as they could they came up to the surface to go on long walks, exploring the land, watching and listening carefully to all and everything they encountered on their journeys. Upon their return they told their mother about everything they had seen. However, one day the twin-sons of the Sun-god grew suspicious of them and they wondered what they should do about the inquisitive pair. Soon after, A'neglakya and his sister were once again on one of their walkabouts, when they came upon the sons of the Sun-god. Casually the twins inquired about their well-being: "We are very happy" was the reply, and A'neglakya told the twins how he and his sister could make people fall asleep and have visionary dreams or let them 'see' the whereabouts of lost objects. Upon hearing this the twins decided that the two definitely knew too much and that they should put an end to A'neglakya's and A'neglakyatsi-tsa's doings. That day the sons of the Sun-god let the brother and sister disappear into the Earth forever. But lo and behold, two beautiful flowers emerged from the ground in just the same spot where the two had vanished. They were the same flowers that the brother and sister had laid on the heads of the people to give them visions. In their memory the Gods called the flower A'neglakya and their children spread far across the Earth - bringing visions to many people.

Datura is an ancient and sacred plant, used by shamans to induce visionary states. It is a very poisonous plant if used incorrectly; I do not use the plant for this purpose, as it must be used in the correct way, under the guidance of a shaman

The above is my plant but here is another video from some one else on You Tube:

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

thank you Tokage;

She is a beautiful plant and it is good to be able to grow a plant outdoors.

all the best, my friend and happy growing,

john

These plants grow everywhere near the river in my place ^^ we often find many of them while going for a little river afternoon at summer. But weeds get me high enough no need of this ;)

Nice plants anyway