Is this plant ready for harvest? (pics)

gr8daddyg

I've got two hybrid 50/50 plants grown from the same strain of seed, planted at the same time under the same conditions, and they've both started flowering on Jan. 16th, 2011. That's almost 4 weeks out of an 8 week flowering time. However, this particular plant is showing a lot of brown hairs to me; perhaps 60-70% coverage (as compared to the other plant, which has maybe 25-30% brown hairs, which is where I'd expect it to be at this point in time). Can you look at these pics and give me your opinion? I know it's too soon for harvest, but aren't you supposed to harvest when it looks this brown? Am I in danger of anything if I let it continue to flower?

SAM_0970.jpg

SAM_0969.jpg

SAM_0968.jpg

Guest simone76

Hi, my name's Simone. i see it and it's true that have tell Jango. But, can i know what kind of plants are they?

Bye bye, see you soon, Simo...

Guest simone76

....................Very well. Compliment......wink_smile.gif..........For the outdoor is the same of indoor for the good light and sun....

Here in Milano, Italy it is impossible outdoor, much rain.. Can i hask you how many grams of flowers you got?

Bye bye, Simone...

Hi great,

It's true that your plants has much brown for a 4 week flowering.. but it would be strange for it to be ready so soon, like jango said, the best would be to have a look at the trichomes, microscop are very cheap for some of them!

But beside the brown hairs, your buds looks"young" i wouldn't cut her.. but i might be wrong of course! ;)

Have a good grow men ;)

Tchousss

Guest superbluehaze

i do not think it is ready yet.

In flowering the plants go through a stage where they look ready, and in nature would be starting to form seeds, but although they look ready they are not.

The plant in a last desperate bid to stay violable, start to send out new growth, and most of the weight in the buds is formed at this time;I would leave her for at least 2 weeks if not longer, and then see.Come final harvest, you will be pleased you waited.happy harvestjohn

Thanks all for the advice. Yes, I will leave it until the end of this month, for sure. I won't know how much weight I've got until harvest, but my guess is an 1-1 1/2 ounces per plant of bud, but that's just a guess based on the volume I can see and trying to visualize an ounce bag wink_smile.gif - it might be a little less, but I hope for more.

You will have to look at the colors of your trichomes:

A not matures plant will have her trichome totaly transparent, you will through them, when she is getting closer to the end they start to get... milky i will say, i can't find another word ^^

Meaning that you won't see through anymore it will get "opac"?

So once they are all milky the plants is starting to be good, some people cut once they are all milky, to get a more uplifting high during the smoke.

If you let them few weeks more, the trichome will start to get ambered, that is when i personaly cut my plants, when there is 30% amber 70%milky because i don't like to be couchlocked after smoking a joint ;)

Some people wait for more ambered trichome to cut, but once they start to be ALL ambered be careful because the quality will slowly decrease from then if you let them for too long.

So now it's up to you to find you perfect time to cut, depending on what high you want ;)

Have a good gro

Tchousss

Thanks for the info on trichomes, and the link. Very helpful! And I learned something new about my plants! Love it. Since it's a 50/50 hybrid and I want to bring out the Indica qualities, should I harvest when the trichomes are half amber and half milky? I know there are not hard and fast rules, so maybe just a gut feeling?

• 3 months later...
Guest simone76

For me, that smoke cannabis for the indica effect, for body effect, for the pain and for sleep i prefere that the plants are complety harvest, because the trip head effect i do not like it, bye..