Going a little bigger...

So I have recently obtained permission to grow for someone medically. They are approved for 73 plants, indoors. So I have a commercial building and will be using the 2nd floor. The ceilings are 9ft high. I can squeeze about 18x 1000w lights into this space. Theres no floor drains but there is a couple washrooms, showers, sinks,etc.... Anyways with medical growing the main rule is you can only have the exact number of approved plants but theres no restriction on the size of them. I was considering using the General Hydroponics Water Farm set up but modifying it a little. I have used there controllers with float valves before and was thinking deep water culture was the way to go. I can't use a run to waste system obviously. I will be veg'ing with MH, using climate controllers and co2 when necessary, all air movement and set up will be professional...i'm no beginner but usually only veg for 0 -3 days strain depending. Going a little bigger for max yeilds shouldnt be hard but it is new to me. I loved the video for the Kalashnikova and actually have those seeds started already for mom's, along with the Pure Kush ( still going to be 3-4 months) and have mature Super Lemon Haze mom's already.

Was looking for advice from experience only please. Not looking for theoretical ideas that you dream of, lol. I just dont want to end up with a jungle of monsters that light cant penetrate through. In the video from Grow HD they veg for 17 days under a 600w light I beleive, one plant, one light. I was figuring 4 plants per 1000w and 12 to 15 days Veg. But I'm open to any advice..... Thank you in advance

Was looking for advice from experience only please. Not looking for theoretical ideas that you dream of, lol.

Seems like you are looking for fool-proof information.

If with experience only, no dreams, then you will have to do it for yourself.. since I believe there's no one here that ever growned in your 2nd floor of also yours commercial building.

Helpless.

I'm looking for people that have worked with the system they plan to give advice on. I'm looking for information that has been tested and worked on by the advice giver. Im not looking for info from newbies or guys that have a little closet or tent garden with a 400w light and 5 plants with big dreams. That is why I have posted in the advanced guru thread. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass but I'm not fucking around either. I want to know what works and what doesnt work from experienced knowledgeable growers. I mean arent we all looking for fool proof information, that's why were here on this forum ... if I wanted to know what people THINK might work I'll pick up my phone or google/you tube it,lol.
I talked with Arjan and Franco and they said "30 gal pots with rockwool fiber in them on a drip system,like 6 drippers per pot... but its a run to waste and they recommended one light per plant. Good info and right up my alley but wont work for me at my particular spot.

I've been noticing the Smart Pot emblem at the bottom of your comments and seen some ads in Maximum Yeild for them. I also checked out the thread here and read a little about them. Are you using them and how are they working out? Looks great for outdoor, better than the grow bags.

Does the fact of having 9 plants, a tent garden and a 300w CFL , one full Sun exposed terrace and some Smartpots enables me to aswer that question about the Smartpots?

I busted and still do bust my ass off since I got in this forum, reading, watching and learning from the best and the worse that are here ;)

What I have is what my money can pay, so a small tent with low wattage it is for me. Nevertheless, i seen equal tents and bigger tents then mine, and still see, that dont produce as fast or bigger or better then mine does, so Its all about what I wanted to learn and what I managed to learn that got my growings were they are now, but not with that kind of thing "fuck your dreams, I want to know what you already know", or I wouldnt have what I have now knowledge-wise...

Anyway, smartpots are airprunning pots, and made of fabric, not hard plastic like Air-Pots. So they even more exposed to air, forming perfect root balls, and doubles its own size. So instead of a 20L regular plastic pot I can have a 10L Smartpot, and with the ability of having more air and oxygen in the root zone, conclusion: Bigger and healtier plants. Get yourself the ones with handles, if you think they will do fine in your pro setup ;)

Anything more then that I cant help you, sorry.

Take care

Im not looking for info from newbies or guys that have a little closet or tent garden with a 400w light and 5 plants with big dreams.

Sounds like your are the newbie and have the "BIG DREAMS"!!! I don´t like your attitude buddy, and you are not making friends whit that kind of post´s!!!!! If now it´s true and you wish to grow that big, send a mail to General Hydroponics and ask more about the Waterfarm 8-pack or you can check out this page and you will find more info!

www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/instructions.html

Man...why is it so much drama here. I'm not knocking anybody. What you do with your time or what suits you is totally fine with me. I read all the threads for fun too. This is what i was trying to avoid. I'm just looking for the serious big growers with experience. I simply didnt want a million comments on untested theorys from guys who have never done anything like this.. Fuck I've done 30+ lights, I've got hundreds of grows under my belt, mostly undergoround, stealthy, and under the radar. This one is different. I'm changing my ways and dont want to sink ten's of thousands into a learning crop when its unnecessary if there's experienced big growers with valuable information. I didnt think it would honestly stop the real guru's who probly have some valuable information from sharing considering I'm not asking for a background check. So far all's I got is two offended guys who think i'm knocking them. If I read a thread and I think I can help I offer my opinion, If it doesnt seem like its on my level I don't say a thing. I was just filtering. I belong to many forums, bodybuilding, real estate, cars/trucks, whatever.... I'm just trying to get to the point.

As for the Smart Pots they sound great. It was really interesting hearing what seperates them from the rest. I wasnt considering them for this set up but for personal outdoor use.

And Jimmy I assure you I'm no newbie, where I come from you get jailtime for this type of thing. And I've done some time. I take it very serious and it's beyond a hobby for me. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I'm just a serious guy looking for serious answers. I've never posted in the advanced guru part but I know I'm worthy.

Not worthy for sure, since the Grow Guru section is there to explain new methods of growing and techniques, not to ask for them...

I didnt get offended, but I now know you belong to too many forums and obviously are missing the point of this one more forum, for you.

Take care and I wish you the best!

Only speaking from experience. I use DWC with a float control bucket of my own. I have seen these systems go to 20-30 plants, but never as big as you are doing.

I suppose you can apply micro techniques to macro results. IE, start with the intention of growing into the 73 plants.

I would be a bit concerned about your not having drainage to do a drip to drain. As I'm sure you know, with DWC you will be doing full drains on a schedule, but you can probably pump from your float control unit to a drain.

Frankly, I went DWC because with my 10-15 plant grows there is no medium to attract pests, or to buy, and if you do your full drains between feeds you don't have to worry about salt build ups.

On a positive note, if you do this, and document it, we will all learn from your experience. ;)

Good luck!

Guest superbluehaze

I have grown in a commercial building on the second floor.

In my opinion if you want to grow large plants then you need to use very large pots.

and run to a waste system

at least 52 liter pots, using a pot within another pot, the outside one without holes.

run the nutrent through a pump and have it running to waste through a hose to the drain, which comes from the outer pot and is run to waste.

what is the area of the room?

Heat is always a problem especially when you are using so many lights.

You will have to deal with that problem.

This site is meant for home growers, and not every one can affort or has the room for large grows.

it takes far more skill, though, to get a high yield out of a tent with one light, then it does from a factory using multiple lights.

if you can grow well using one light and a tent, then you will grow well using 30 lights and a commercial space.

the opposite is not true,

because you have grown sucessfully in a commercial grow, it does not follow that you can grow sucessfully with a small tent and one light.

take care

john

Listen, this is turning into a totally different thread now. I obviously realize theres a lot of guys who only grow personal and dont give a fuck about doing anything else. I get my personal off these kinds of guys sometimes. I totally respect what everybody does and dont judge.. I have tents, I do small ones, i do big ones. Right now I have 4 Ecogrow's going, there only two lights each. To each his own. To give advice and discuss methods are two different things if you have never actually experienced it. We all have opinions. Maybe i worded what I was looking for a little harsh but didnt mean for it to stir everybody up about how big or small they do things. I just wanted to hear from someone who might have a liitle insight on what I was considering. Jay Ryan was the perfect example of a fine answer. Thank you, Jay Ryan, I was planning on having a controller (Texas Controler from GH) to about every 15 - 20 buckets. And I can easily drain them into multiple different sinks and have converted one sink into a laundry tub.

Secondly Superbluehaze, that's a huge pot and sounds like some heavy lifting for 73 plants to get the waste out, unless I didnt understand correctly? The low ceilings concerned me right away, first cause of heat, and secondly if I choose DWC or big ass pots the plants are raised quite high already plus a hanging light, to much veg would guarentee a jungle disaster. I had a ductless A/C installed, a 3 ton i think, and have a 12 inch intake and a 12 inch exhaust. At least the environment will be easier to control with lower ceilings but also could be a disaster if something ever malfunctions. I'm not even continuing the arguing over your opinions. Thanks for the input.

All you guys have quite a few posts under your belt and ive read quite a few of your answers and have learned a few things here and there during the short time I've been here. I'm a loyal grower of only GSC strains cause i like what I see. That's why I'm here.

Guest superbluehaze

well my friend, i think we all like green house genetics;

I do not understand, though, you said you wanted to grow big plants but have limited height?

anyhow, good luck with it, and please post some pictures when you get a chance.

take care,

john