Hello, can give me an advice please??..............

nirvana76

................Good morning my growers friends...

I have a question since i started to grow cannabis. Much people tell me more and more advices, but after one year is not every clear for me!!

The problem is the moment off the harvest: i do the error of cut the bud too soon, before that every contents of the plant ( thc, cbd, cnb) are ok.

Now i have three Afgan K. at 50 days Flow. and this is the last week before the harvest. I have rinsed the plants only whit water at the 7 week, now at the 8 week ( the last) , now at the moment i haven't give water at the plants since the last time. ( five days ago)

The question is: Do i must give water at the plants before the harvest, (about 5 days), or i must give a little of water?!!t?

I hope that you have understood, because in English is difficoult for me translate this words!!!!!

Thank's and hello from Simon.

Guest Da-Collie-Man

the 8 week flower is a good estimate when u should b done...sometimes it takes a little longer.....depends on how tuned in ur grow erea is

make sure u r showing signs that plant has quit taking nuts.....this is compared to trees in the fall season that leaves turn colors

hope this helps

To harvest by looking at the thrichomes you will need to buy a magnifier lens, 30x its enough if its one of the recent models out there, and you have here at the forum articles about trichomes harvest :)

Let me know if you want me to link you to them and other info.

But generaly, you should only harvest soon if you have comercial urges, so if you dont have them, just let them flower at least one more week then what the seed company say it takes to harvest. That's what makes a diference for connoiseurs, amongst other things later in cure time aswell, but the best thing you can do is to start harvesting by looking at what the trichomes shows you.

Take care Simon!!!!

Nice for the very dry part i never looked after that... I never watered the day before harvesting too tho :D

I think there is the thing about Cutting before the lights turns on too, drunk will comment on that.

Something about nutrient staying in the roots as they are in black period, so supposed to give a sweeter taste...

Have a good harvest man

Guest Da-Collie-Man

sorry...thats only works after a full proper flush

i use to do for 2 years it works....did my own comparison with multipl harvest

Well Dk, it's not properly a food thing as you are not suppose to have food left i agree ^^ but it's something about clorophyle and sugar and photosynthesis. Now just have a to put it in right order :D

Anyway simon, Flush let it dry and cut it after the night, before your lap turns ON, this are the things to memorise ^^

Dry soil at harvest time will mostly help the drying process, since if theres no water in the soil there will be almost none on the plant aswell, and when dry and hot they will also produce more resin!
For example some phenos of Sour Diesel Strain loves at low 30% Humidity and 32ºc during the last days before harvest, it realy affects alot of strains in the production of extra resin!

Longer dark period before harvest time, will make the plant produce more resin, and, having the metabolism working at root zone instead of at the stems and leaves.
To prolongate the dark period before harvest, just take the light plug out of the power outlet :)

Take care

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Da-Collie-Man

i finish all diferent strains a slight bit diferent....im just feeding off of romeu's reply..

..dif strains have dif needs to its finishing proces...for example strain i am running right now tast like shit if harvested at begin of light cycle vs taste great if harvest at end of light cycle,,,thisis just 1 example of sample harvesting to find th best route to harvest that strain

i pesrsonaly will harvest each plant a little different to find best harves(this works best if all same pheno,not necary if more experiance with mult strains),,but can b acomplished by sample branche's

romeuo is a very good knowladgeble person to get info from....i would take anything u can from him