Allergic to cannabis leaves

santos

Hey peeps.... When I am watering my plants or just doing things in the grow room - i have to wear long sleeves as if my skin comes into contact with the leaves of the plant - i come out in rashes and my skin kinda sticks up like i have touched nettes or something.

I have no problem smoking maryj or handling buds - Its just to leaves whilst on the plant that I am alergic to. Wondered if this happens to anyone else?

Or if anyone had more info on this

Thanks frown

Nopey I dont touch the leaves - apart from when my arm accidently rubs against them whilst watering..... It must be like a warning from the plants like saying 'keep da fuck away from my leaves gringo' but with their sting instead! They have just began week 2 of flower period... So perhaps they a lil horny at the moment yes

Will try remeber to keep covered up in the grow room in future

Cannabis belongs to the Cannabacea family wich is in the Urticales order. The word Urticales comes from latin "urtica" and it means skin rash.

Walking into big cannabis fields i´ve also experience some type of skin rash. Its probably from the leaves.

Guest delicious

Nop this is not alergy or if you want to call this alergy than everyone alergic to the leafs becuase they rash human skin ... Some protection mechanizm ... Just like the " Urtica diotica " ( i got like 8 little white point on my upper pectoralis part because i jumped in a hole which was full with these plants - childhood could be dangerously stupit :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is an allergy, I get it too. Fortunately it isn't as bad as poison ivy, but certainly causes an itch and sometimes a rash.

I was amazed. The oils on the leaves are the cause. It isn't because of the nutes, I spill those on myself and have no problem.

There was no reaction when the plants were small, after the Indicas got about 16" tall I got the rash.

Shea's butter, a lotion available at any health food store, provides relief.

The reaction is medically called contact dermititis.

" Contact dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin caused by direct contact with an irritating substance. "

http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0001872/