" subcools super soil". adding nutrients vs subcools method of all nutrients to the soil before hand?

Gfarmer

http://cannabiscultu...m/v2/node/19711

hey for those who havent seen my grows i am a soil grower, i am also very new to growing indoors with soil but since the flavour of pot is one of the most important things to me i tend to use soil mixtures over hydro and more and more am leaning towards using organics. altho at the moment i cant afford the exspensive organic additive nutrients.

so i started scearching the web for information on organic soil growing. while scearching i came across an article that really interested me ( link at top of the page). because am inexperienced with organic nutrients and how they work i have been hesitant to attempt adding everything the plant will need during growth to the medium before hand but after reading up on subcools technique i decide it was time to search for peoples experiences with his blend or other blends of soil with a similar make up.

one thing that really interests me about subcools method's how he stores the soil in a cool dry space before using to activate the Mycorrhizae. i have seen footage of super soil that was stored for 3-4 months and it had a white film of bacteria all over the top of the soil. i thought the soil was ruined but the guy filming exsplaned that that is what you look for when the soil is ready.

the results i have seen are amazing to say the least. medical grow rooms where growers use super soil and just water and get results that are at par with some of the best hydro grows ive ever seen. i know this technique isent new and that other people have done this for a long time i just wanna know if anybody has experiences working with these ingredients. as well as to open up a discussion on the best soil methods organic or other wise,as i am always looking for ways to up my game. thanks for the time i look forward to reading everyones responses!!!

p.s if you wanna learn more about super soil or the ingredients used in it from the man who put this recipe together check out the link below.

that would be an OUTDOOR soil mix, many member use a similar concoction for their outdoor grows.

as for using it indoor, I wouldn't. Don't take that as DON"T DO IT.

My concern with this "mix" is that you don't know how much of what your plants are getting.

you can inadvertently poison or starve your plants by giving it too much of something, this prolly

won't kill the plant but will transfer into the smoke.(well i'm sure you could kill a plant if you seriously overdid it)

my next point, you have very little control day to day or week to week of the feed. its a very hard mixture to flush

as most of the feeds mixed in are slow release. I'm not entirely sure if you can flush properly using a mix like this

The growers that use this outdoor, calculate the amount to put in so that there will be no more feed left for the

last few weeks of the bloom before harvest

my next concern is the transition period between Veg and Bloom, plants need more and less of certain things in

bloom, how can you account for that? did the plant use up all the veg fed you gave it? how do you know?

Next point, Boosters and sugars, how are you going to work those in to your program?

albeit, sugars are easier, 1-5 ml per litre black strap molasses ( have to dissolve in warm water and let sit to

get closer to the idea feed temp ) Molasses will also add almost a syrupy taste to your pot.

the boosters is where the real issue is.

you can't really add them at all. I am unaware of what organic boosters there are available if any.

But if your using a organic based nutrient like the super soil, you CANNOT use chemical boosters

most of them don't interact well with organics.

And getting back to what you are mentioning about Taste being important. hydro mediums, and soil-less alike

can all taste great and damn near the same. but it takes more skill and talent as a grower.

I've used black earth (as a noob), i've moved on to other stuff a well.

Pro mix is great stuff, and the BX already comes with the mycorrhiza.

pro mix HP is a little to porous for my liking.

I've found my favourite in Coco Coir, tastes great when you bloom in it, roots love it

mix in some perlite and your ready to go.

so bottom line, for indoor I'm always gunna stick with a feed system rather then have everything in the soil before hand.

it give me the control i want but i also have to do the work to keep it going, flushing, paying attention to the plants

even getting right down to almost mixing nuits on a per plant basis based on what each plant needs

much food for thought

• Like 2

yeah he knows alot about cannabis man thats for sure tga subcool seeds is a really good seed company to they have some top notch meds. also ive seen indoor grows done in subcool super soil you have to layer the soil in your pot tho use the supersoil on the bottem of the pot then for the top half regular soil mix even subcool doesent use stricktly organics like with the recipe he says its his verison of a recipe that was given to him years ago and that anyone who uses should exsperiment with alternative ingredients but that this is what works for him. my opinion on it is still up in the air tho and at this moment it just isent practical for me to try the stuff out in my space i would definatly like to try it outdoors tho but i wanna rescearch more on the individual ingredients and what they do.