Can Anyone Work Out Which Coffee Shop I'm Talking About...

Badger Jones

On my second trip to Amsterdam some 8 years back we found ourselves in a particularly comfortable coffee shop that I've never been able to find again. The following is everything I can remember about it, and I was hoping someone might recognise what I say and be able to tell me where it is, what it's called or if it no longer exists!

We were staying near Leidsplein square, and I think this coffee shop was somewhere off the main road that leads from Leidsplain square into the centre of town.

The coffee shop was on a corner, there was a canal running on one side & a main street on the other, it was quite small, the sides of the coffee shop were glass windows and had some normal plants growing on the inside window ledge.

It did not have a large weed selection, and possibly did not sell weed at all, but you could smoke inside. In the middle of the coffee shop there was a spiral metal staircase which led upstairs to a room with approx 4 low wooden tables (so low that you sat in the floor round the tables), there were big cushions fixed in position by each table and more smaller cushions scattered around that you could move.

Any ideas?