LEDs Final weeks

These are grown in a 3'x3'x3' grow box with one 120w tricolor LED:

growbox.JPG

From left to right:

G13 Super Skunk free seed from Attitude

Greenhouse Himalayan Gold

G13 Mid Night Kush free seed from Attitude

The Mid Night Kush is 2' tall. They all went under the LED 12x12 at 3 weeks, didn't grow height wise much after that, but they are all on their 8th week of flowering. I think the skunk will die this weekend, bless her heart ;)

Here is a close up of the Himalayan Gold:

Hg.jpg

And here is a Super Lemon Haze (cloned about 8 weeks ago). She is under an LED light with a few other ladies and she is on her third week flowering. That is 3 weeks after the first hairs showed:

Slh.JPG

I can tell, she's going to be a very pretty girl...

Guest samuelo
dead woman walking :)

you got some nice kolas there by the looks of it jay and some monster size leaves as well

pretty amazing LED growing

The kolas are rock hard too! And she smells sooo sweet!!!

I'm really sold on the LEDs.

From the one skunk seed I got twins, then cloned, and have 5 more in bud and 6 little girls. Very productive seed that one was ;)

There are a few issues with the LEDs:

A) Price! I was lucky to find mine lightly used for $150 a piece for 120w tricolor. List price is closer to $400.

B) They are very directional. I believe they make them in different spread, but the ones I have shine straight down, with little to no spread. Maybe a good thing...

I have flowered autos under them and they did better than last year under the natural sun. And as you can see, these are doing great with regular plants too.

The 2 biggest pluses for them are:

A) Zero heat!!! And I do mean ZERO! CFLs can heat up, as can T5s, these can have (and have had) flowers right against the fixture with no burn.

B) Low cost. They essentially made no difference in my electric bill, as opposed to my 400w HPS. That will bump your power bill.

I am moving them into my new super shed (see post in grow room forum). I am worried about not having enough light for a 5x10 area so I am adding a 16x48 skylight.

I don't want to add HPS for heat and power consumption reasons, and the new shed is completely exposed to the sun all day, so I will see how they do with the aid of the skylight, but yea, I'm sold on them.

Have you guys tested any? Or discounted them?

Here is about 75% of the plant. The rest I have on another screen drying. The bud formation is hard as a rock, and sticky as all get out!

Sam_0602small.jpg

As for the power of the LED, I'm not sure what this says about it, but I knew I would have limited grow space, and had to fit full size plants in this 3' tall box. After I took out the skunk the box was left with a Himalayan Gold and Mid Night Kush. Normally these are large plants, but I put them on 12/12 dropping the LEDs right over the top of them when they were about 6" tall. Look at the height of them now:

Sam_0606Small.jpg

That's the Himalayan Gold on the left, she is almost done, and stands at all of 2' tall. The LEDs really flattened out the growth, and make it fat (or is it phat ;)

I think the real challenge will be when I move the lights I have into my new shed, where there is up 9' of groth room.

I know it's not a greenhouse seed plant, but I'm sure they don't mind. These are some of the final flower picture on my Mid Night Kush (free seed from attitude from G13).

I'm not sure if this is usual for Kush plants, or is it the Blueberry in this one, but the leaves are very green, and the effect of the dark green with the red hairs is really beautiful.

Sam_0608small.jpg

Sam_0610small.jpg

Sam_0612small.jpg