Himalaya Gold???

Primzz

Hi all have sort of talked about this in other posts but am about to make a order on GHS website and have been looking at Himalaya Gold but have heard that this is not so good indoors and yeilds are not as large as other strains available.

Has anyone grown Himalaya Gold or knows anyone who has have seen GHS vid on youtube and yeilds look fine to me so not sure what to belive???

Any help before i place the order would be great guys

Peace

I have posted info on himalayan gold in a few posts. I just grew one out indoors, and have another in veg right now.

In short I found it to be a hardy plant, decent yeild if you give it enough room. The quality is excellent, taste is a bit sweet, and smooth.

Personally I like it!

She was 2 feet tall when I cut her down. After drying, she came in around 2 ounces of manicured bud. I have another one that I have in a very large area. I plan to put her in 12x12 when she is around 3 feet tall, and this one is far more branchy (a clone).

I assume she will yeild far more.

Guest superbluehaze

A good summery on this strain, jay. I have grown Himalayan Gold, but due to root rot, I had to pull them up, I did, however, save my white rhino. In the church there are 3 phenotypes, and Himalayan gold too as a number of phenotypes.

Which phenotype you chose to continue the line (through selection of the mother plant) will influence the finished product as a selection has been made, and this will influence yeild.

happy growing

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you whatever you want to know about Himalayn gold because I just harvested 10 plants last month.

8-10 week strain from G H SCand mine took 10 weeks to get the trichomes where I wanted them. HEAVILY MILKY BUT ALMOST NO AMBER. I didnt want couch lock so I chose to pull them early.

Not a frosty plant at all. No huge white trichomes all over like a white widow.

Did veg for 4 weeks on 400 wt metal Halide then to bloom on a 1000wt hps for 10 weeks.

Topped them in veg and glad I did. Many more buds per plant.

Flushed them every three weeks after bloom.

Advanced Nutrients Only for my girls.Sensi Grow and Bloom A&B, PIRAHNA, TARANTULA, BUD BLOOD, BIG BUD, BUD CANDY, CARBO LOAD, VOODOO JUICE, MOTHERS EARTH TEA GROW AND BLOOM, RHINO SKIN, B-52, SENSIZYM AND FINAL PHASE!

I know it sounds like alot of nutrients but they are all blended at specific times. I followed the nutrient calculator to the tee from advanced web site and It made my first grow very fun and educational.

Now the Himalayn Gold is an indica and they only got up to about 3.5 ft tall and pretty bushy, I have just put some Arjan Ultra Haze #1, Super Lemon Haze, Bubba Kush, Dinafems deep sweet grapfruit, The church and White Widow into bloom. All from GHSC.

I can tell you that my Arjan Ultra Haze #1 is already taller than the Himalayn Gold only after 3 weeks of bloom. Both Hazes are sativas and I can tell they are going to be huge. I have upped the nutrients in the sativas and they seem to care less, they just grow!! I already have a few major hairs on one of my Super Lemon Haze only after 3 weeks of bloom. Very interesting second grow already.

Now on to the harvest of HG. 10 plants filled 12 quart mason jars to the hilt. They have been hung to dry and now in jars to cure for the last 3 weeks. It smells totally different than most other weed I have smelled. Very piney, naturish smell very hard to discribe. I can tell from the day I put them in jars they had a heavy chloraphyl smell and each week it goes away in half and now they smell just about right.

I was so suprised that my first grow put out such great quality smoke! Very light heady stone but energetic introspective but still very functional high. Very smooth, no coughing or harshiness at all and the little I smoked was only cured for 1 week. I feel snobbish now that I only want to smoke the better stuff, no more mexican field weed for me.

I JUST PUT IT ON THE SCALES LAST NIGHT AND AFTER 3 WEEKS OF CURE ITS WEIGHT IS ALMOST EXACTLY 3 QUARTERS OF A POUND!! IT FILLED UP AN ENTIRE PLASTIC GROCERY BAG. i COULDNT BELIEVE IT. After my next grow with 16 plants I should get at least a pound and a half so I will not be needing to grow for a while and I will have 6 strains to choose from.

WHAT A GREAT HOBBY!

Thanks jay.

I feel like I can help other new people grow successfully. People just need to take the time to watch every grow video on you tube and look to hydroponic secrets from Advanced Nutrients. You will get so much information at every stage of your grow. You also have to be prepared to care for the plants daily. You need to watch closely and make sure things dont go bad and at the end of my first grow I was so proud that I could accomplish this so successfully and I have never grown anything in my life.

I do not ever want to have to talk to a dealer again and put myself in a position to go to get involved in anything weird.