clone tent vented to grow tent design

john lopez

I am a first time home-grower, looking to grow just two good plants (arjan's haze 3) on constant rotation from clones, and refining my grow room design before purchase and setup this week. I've done a LOT of online research (gotta LOVE the internerdz) I'd like to run a couple of questions past y'all.

Planned (small) set up (without going into details tech specs) is to put grow tent and clone tent back to back, passive duct clone tent exhaust to grow tent to inlet with fan to bottom of grow tent; exhaust with fan and filter from top of grow tent, so meaning air flow through both tents, leading to filtered exhaust from the grow tent - esp important after harvest.

Propagation and cloning in Clone Tent, growing AND DRYING in grow tent, in constant rotation.

QUESTIONS:

This means the clones will stay in the clone tent while the main plants are on 12/12 flowering (8-10 weeks) in the grow tent.

If we clone just before flowering stage, and given that our plants are going to be dwarves anyway, is it okay for the clones to stay under fluorescent propagation lighting all this time (8-11 weeks) before transfer to the grow tent? Or should we clone later, during flowering (we could easily do this while trimming plants beneath SCROG) and just force the clones to revert back to vegetative? This way we could clone only the best plant.

Will the airflow through the clone tent and into the grow tent bother the clones? My instinct is not, after they have come out from under the prop.dome.

any advice would sure be appreciated.

Peace

john

not entirely sure yet, looking at 110W Sunmate Propagator Light.

but i don't have to clone during veg, do I? the haze ladies flower 8-11 weeks. what say I take my clones during scrogging at say week 7, let them revert to veg, then they would be anywhere between 1 week and 4 weeks old on transfer to the grow tent.

am looking to have efficient clone rotation as long as the quality lasts, and need a really compact SMELL FREE operation

well if you planned on vegging them a little like tok said it would be better to have a good CFL or a little MH would definitly do the wrok too.

But i don't think 110w would allow many clones to veg for that much without stretching a little,

Good luck man :)