need cooling help

THE HANDYMAN

hi folks iv just set up a mates tent for him,it is small at 65cmx110cmx160cm , it has two top6''ex vents two top back and two on sides for cooltube,and three square vents also,so is very well ventilated,he already had a 600w for his cooltube tho with the 280cfm inline fan we are having trouble keeping temps down less than 27c,and this is with out having the filter hooked up also,,it is sucking theair out at the moment so in cooltube and out fan at top,he would like to be able to run this with the filter so has any one any ideas so that he does not have to spend any more money on cooling,thanks all,,il put in a few pics but its hard to get in to take a good pic as the room is an attic so very tight

post-16044-0-11599900-1348065449.jpg

post-16044-0-21742000-1348065469.jpg

post-16044-0-68493900-1348065485.jpg

there is another little 6''fan at the vent at bottom other side too,just a clip on one inside tho not an inline,i was gonna just try a shower fan unit to draw coolair throo from the cold attic throo the wall?????i dont kno he just cant afford any more tho if he has too he has too!!!

well to be honnest, 600w is a little too big for that "small" room.

But if you live in a temperate country with "hot" summers and cold winters, i have to say it is pretty "normal" to have 27° during day light.

I myself have in my room this days no lower than 26° during day time. And during august month i had always around 30°.

Only efficient way to deal with that heat is a climatizer, but i personally couldn't afford another electrical system running all day long. but if your friend can afford it it will be the best way to cool temps.

Good luck man

cheers mate,im in scotland so it is never as hot as that outside but as it is above his frontroom with a fire it is very hot around 25 with nothing running,,

im thinking to put a few vents at floor level and a vent duct to pump out of room,with another inline,

or i was thinkin about a dimable ballast as i saw one for 80 pounds that goes all way to 50 percent power so id have a 300w really but b able to go up to 600 if he wants,,,either that or hook the filter fan n cooltube together and put a cheap air cooler in the tent as i have seen one for 40 pounds and it says it can lower the temp by 7c and it is onlt the size of a 10 ltr pot so will fit in corner nicely,,

which do u think will be the best and cheapest in the long run ,,

thanks for the replys keep them coming as we really need to get this sorted and we are willing to try anything before we spend more cash so if anyone has any DIY ways to cool the temps by 5 or so degrees c let me know PLEASE

WHAT IS THE HOTTEST WE WILL GET AWAY WITH AND NOT RUIN THE PLANT?????

THANKS FOLKS from me and P$%£#..

CHEERS

if it's not that hot outside, perhaps you could try get the air directly from outside with a little filter.

Tok got a good point too, using CO2 your almost 30° would be good for your plants, and it would be all benefits for the room :)

Check some infos about CO2 and see if it would be nice for you ;) You might even find a DIY thread on some CO2 bubblers on the forum.

Good luck man

ok guys thanks alot,,we have been playing around with it and iv managed to straighten out the duct so that there will be no bends at all from the filter to the fan throo the tube,it has dropped it by about 3 c but he still needs door open all time so im hoping that one 100cfm inlet from the cold roof space wen the lights are on will be enough cos if we can get this tent cool enough with this light in im sure he will get a bumper crop because of all the extra light overkill u kno..but more the better eh,

see what u guys think of my little tiny NFT post i made in the gear section and let me kno if you think it will work,,

cheers guys i will keep u posted plus all suggestions welcome for all colling DIY things you kno of people

this is crazy!!! the temps have stayed at 27.1c all night now and he just called to say its still holding and all that was done was changed around tho we are putting an intake in too tho for extra cooling ,,,cant believe iv got the temps ok in a tent that small with a 600w,CRAZY!!!!!! but can be done if u keep trying different set ups and some are easier than others as it seems

thanks for all your help guys

• Like 1

yeh i know,need to get my camera fixed,as the one im useing sucks for close ups,lol,,but i will put some up next time im at the grow,as it no where near my house,cant do it round me its so close nit,nosey neibours,lol,and some with really good sense of smell,lol :hunter::hi::suicide: