At Last.

Jimmy

At last I will have to begin growing. I am going to run a MH lamp first, after that I run with a HPS lamp. I have three different species, first I have a Pineapple Kush and two Jack Herer. I'll try to post pictures every Saturday.

Guest samuelo
nicely done jimmy - one thing i would say is even though your lamp is air cooled you will be needing to move it up as they are gonna grow a bit bigger than where you have now.... you can get onto this a lil later along the way but consider a pulley system that allows you to raise and lower your lamp with ease

congratulations - your set up looks great - you have took your time and got it nice, your girls will be very happy, what kinda wattage is your bulb? what medium did you go for?

remember - we all here for you

Hi and thanks for the tip Samuelo =). I will now run with a 400W MH lamp and I will run with a 400W HPS lamp when I start to flower. I will use the soil. I think it's easier now in the beginning.

Jimmy

DSC00304.JPG

These two I have grown on the balcony, on the left is Pineapple Kush and the right is a 100% auto.

And as soon as I got my lamp I put them under the lamp.

DSC00305.JPG

These are two small Jack Herer I bought at GHSC they are just a few days old.

You all have to excuse me for the bad photos, my cellfon is not the best=).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

hi Jimmy,

Congratulations on setting up your grow room; it is an expensive enterprise, and takes a lot of work.

In the old days, way back in the late seventies( when I was just a young bloke) growers in the North Western States of America first thought of putting HID lights over their plants.

Before then fluorescence tubes were used to grow plants indoors.

This was long before the days of adjusted HPS bulbs, such as the Son-T-Agro bulbs.

Then and until the new Sunpulse bulbs the best spectrum for the plants, they found, was a mixture of Halide and HPS bulbs;

the ratio used was 2 halides to 1 HPS bulb.

You are using cool tubes, so heat will not be a problem;

When the plants are flowering and will be large and need more light, why not used both the halide and HPS bulbs together, even if you only use one of them for side lighting,

though over the top of the plants would be better.

Happy growing, Jimmy

john

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

Jimmy,

that does not look like burn to me , but a potassium or phosphorus deficiency. the plants need high levels of calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus as well as nitrogen during flowering. Give her some seaweed, which is high in those elements. she needs them to mature the flowers, happy growing, john

• 2 weeks later...