My Grow Room

Guest guest

i live in a one bedroom flat in the middle of a large city, in a country where growing pot can land you in prison.

I have been there for cultivating this wonderful plant and it is not a very good place to be, not that being locked up is that bad, it is the other inmates.Prison is a violent place.

So my grow room has be be hidden well. I take no chances;

My flat was built during the 1930's, the rooms are large with high ceilings. I grow in my bedroom. It is a large room almost 3 meters wide by 4 meters long by 3 meters high. I built a wooden frame 2.5 meters high, by 1,5 meters wide by 3 meters long. This is my grow space:

growr1.jpg

The wooden frame is enclosed with foil insulation; I wanted to used the large cubic area of the room so that heat can dissipate from the lights though out the room, and not build up in the confined dimensions of the grow space. I, therefore have not enclose the top or the bottom areas of the room space:

grow2.jpg

the above picture is of my grow space with the sheeting pulled right back to allow easy access to the space.

i refresh the air within 3 minutes I need a very good exhaust fan - notice that it is wrapped in blankets, and that i use insulated ducting. This reduced the noise of the fan, and I can run it all through the night, even though I live in a very quick area and live close to others. Although the fan is a powerful one(a Can fan) all that can be heard is the air rushing, and it is very quiet:

grow3.jpg

above is with the sheeting moved to the side.

It is winter here so my cycle is on of a night when it is the coldest; I have trouble keeping the plants warm, so I sleep in my bedroom during the veg stage, but must sleep in the lounge room when they are flowering.

This means I can drastically reduce my exhaust cycles of a night, (this keeps the warmth in) because I am the co2 generator. They expel oxygen, and take in co2, I do the opposite, and it works very well.

My haze 1 is growing 2 inches a day(but that is for another post, on another day).

happy growing

john

Great set up John, very well done & very discret...Kind of bother me hearing that you were in jail because of growing our beloved plant, it's so unfair that is still illigal; I live in Costa Rica a small & peaceful country, very nice beaches on the atlantic is rasta style & on the pacific is more high level developments even that there are a couple of hippie towns that are very nice, weed's everyware but still highly illigal!!!!... but any way, great that the bad experience is part of the past now & as BigGreenBuds will say... Give us freedom!!!!

Peace!

Guest superbluehaze

hi Tokage,

This is my flowering room; just recently I have put put a tent in my kitchen, and that will be my veg room. I will use a 250cfl to give them light.

I intend to move the plants in veg (only 3 at the moment) back and forth from my flowering room, so that they will have 12 hours of intense light, and 6 hours of clf light.

I have only one exhaust fan, and it can totally exhange the air in my room(24 cubic meters) in under 4 minutes.

It is a 200mm Can fan(they are made in Germany).:

picresized_1281479370_f3024fc8d2997b403a

It is winter here so the cool tubes are not connect to each other or to an exhaust fan.

I intend to have 4 lights, in 2 rows (around 2000 to 2200) watts. By grow space max is 3 by 2 meters.

I will only put the lights up as I need them, to save on power as much as possible, so that the 4 lights will only be up in the last 4 or so weeks of flowering.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Thanks, Fuzzy,

I thought if I posted and showed my room, then others may find it helps them and gives them some ideas.

if it does, then that is why we are here for, to share our secrets.

happy growing,

john

The trees you have there are truly part of your life. Your grow room is perfect, the girls talk for themselves, beautiful!!

And those cool tubes are wonderful shades_smile.gif

One question: Do you rotate the pots? If you do, how often?

p.s.: sharing some of your personal grow room made you share some of your life, and that's perfect, we are all friends here :)

It's all good here, John! regular_smile.gif

take care, my friend!

Guest superbluehaze

Hi Romeu,

how are mate?

I turn the pots every day, so each side of the plant gets direct light from the bulb. I have 2 air stones in each pot and they are connected to an air pump, the tubes can cause problems when moving the pots around, and it is not easy moving 52 liter pots, but I do move them and rotate them about once every week or so. How is your plants going Romeu? Look after yourself, my friend and happy harvest, john

Guest superbluehaze

Hi Romeu,

how are mate?

I turn the pots every day, so each side of the plant gets direct light from the bulb. I have 2 air stones in each pot and they are connected to an air pump, the tubes can cause problems when moving the pots around, and it is not easy moving 52 liter pots, but I do move them and rotate them about once every week or so. How is your plants going Romeu? Look after yourself, my friend and happy harvest, john

About my girls:

Tomorrow morning will harvest the older one, she was hard to manage but lived and will turned into smoke..

The 2 vegetatives are growing good, the Lemon skunk was topped 2 days ago and started 4/5 days ago to show some aparently N deficiency...

The white rhino had the same problem, already cut down 2 sets of the older fan leaves...

The clone, is going very good with new and somehow developed new branches..

I will update on them soon....

Thanks for caring, John, the tree man ;)

Hello John! I'm very fine, still one more week of vacations.. :D

Even in the sun i rotate my pots aswell, I will update soon on them..

Today I ordered,the new Bio Rhizotonic (did you tried this new one, the Bio ?) and superthrive, the small botles wich will last long with me.. I was very happy to find those here in a portuguese web grow shop :)

Wen using benneficial bacteria, wich product do you feed them to give sílica? I'm considering these 2 new two aditions and would like to know what you advise as top products... As well as fulvic sources..

p.s.: John, wen possible and if possible, can you show us how your 52L pots work? :) How the pump and air stones fit inside, how much power could they have for that pot size, and what and how you handle the cables coming out of the pots...

Take care my friend ;)