What strains for people with anxiety disorder

microtron

I'm looking very psychedelic yet with anti-anxiety relieving mechanism of action strains. What are the best candidates for this criteria?

I didn't saw any thematic topic about anxiety, so I thought to make one as I know there are many people who suffer from wide range of anxiety disorders. What strains have worked for you? Did it play any role when the cannabis plant was harvested, how it was stored, grown and other similar things?

Also it could be useful to name what strains to avoid with this condition as some strains bring up heavy anxiety even if they are mediocre at best in their effects. And some strains cause anxiety even in those who don't have normally any anxiety - this can be caused of course because some people aren't used with very psychedelic strains or if they are beginners, cannabis can cause many time paranoia (a form of fear)

I haven't looked much into the mechanisms in regards what (chemicals in cannabis) bring up those anxiety attacks and in hard cases even panic attacks.

This could be place where to post medicinal news and research articles related with (anti)anxiety and cannabis links. Also previous threads where this kind of topics have been discussed previously.

Also it's a place where to post hypothesis and theories what chemicals in cannabis might trigger these above mentioned effects.

I hope this thread will help people to be more aware in future what strains he/she can (recommended) smoke and what are best to be avoided. Lets keep this thread as scientific and empirical as possible.

And please remember - this thread would cover only anxiety disorders: from different phobias to panic disorders to OCD to stress to PTSD.

I don't only know as weather this thread should be only about natural cannabis or also different classes of synthetics (as many clinical studies are done with synthetical cannabinoids (there it can get lot's of useful information as natural cannabis is mix of many active cannabinoids that makes it very complex to study)

hello man, i think we had a few little talk about anxiety somewhere but not in a special thread indeed.. ;)

I am myself not "touched" really by anxiety so don't have personal advice with approved test ^^ but i know that on the catalog, some of the sativa's like neville's haze or hawaiian snow are known t be pretty social and used against depression, so perhaps they would also have a positive effect on anxiety? or get it worst who knows... i also remember reading about the harvest time being an important factor for the people exposed to anxiety, if i remember correctly, the earlier the bette,r but i could be remembering the wrong thing lol have a little look around the interweb and check that ;)

And like tokage said i've like the bigbang auto too, good plant with good high not too much not too small ^^ perhaps could work!

good luck man hope some anxious people will pass by to help you :P

Hawaiian snow is not good for that. In fact it can even make you get a panic attack. Sativas can be great for it but on the other hand some of those super high Thc strains can create problems.

I doubt for some reason that high THC content is related with strong hallucinogenic effects if you suggest that. The thing with strains with high THC content is that you need to smoke much less than you would normally do. I have studied a tiny bit of cannabis pharmacology, and what I learned was a long time ago. I thought to start doing research, but as I live country where I don't have an access to different strains and chemistry laboratory, it's impossible. And growing is out of the question as if I would get caught, than here I would go for prison (if it's big amount than it's sure, if under 10 plants than not, if I get a good lawyer) and from the streets you get only what is offered - you never know the strain info (only grower knows if it's ordered from seeds bank (not picked from some seedy buds) and if it's smuggled from other countries (still 90% is grown here) it's a quite possible that the bulk seller don't know also the strain info - there are in most cases a middleman between the grower and buyer (and usually many). After that the last chain is giving different name for cannabis like white widow etc(always the most popular strains of course) but it''s only for marketing. In one day if land in Netherlands I can do empirical studies. As for the hallucinogenic effects, than I think theres different mechanisms for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have experience with anxiety and would recommend to you a CBD rich variety. I've experienced the Mr. Nice CBD Skunk/Haze variety to have a very calming effect on the mind and still have a pain relieving effect on the body. I've found this to be true with most high CBD and low THC varieties.