Question on germinating seeds

kris00

I see the germinating info on the site says to use tap water or preferably rain water. my question is my water line is connected to a water softening unit which runs the water through salt during the process,, I've germinated a couple test seeds they came up in about 10 or 11 days an now they still growing really slow they are only an inch tall and its been at least 2 weeks. can i use bottled spring water or bottled drinking water or distilled? whats the best to use to germinate if you don't have rain water or safe tap water.is it good to use a real weak fertilizer solution? Give me some step by step info please

yes you can use distilled water or bottled water i've used both and didn't change much in the germination process. the main factor is to keep a warm temperature during all the process, the wtaer must not feel col, around 20° and the room must be aroun 24 25° to keep the best rates.

it is best to not feed before at least 2 3 week from germination if you grow in soil, you can use root booster or things like that as long as it doesn't have a real npk ratio and mostly macronutrients. but with real nutes go really slow at the beginning.

good luck man ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think dink water it's perfect for germination because to start this pocess the seeds needs 30-50 part to million of nitrogen,and distilled water contain only water;u will never find any kinds of salt in distilled water.god grow man