powder feeding with soft water calcium advice needed

toke_of_the_town

hi all, i am looking for some advice about powder feeding, as it is designed for hard water (0.7ec) where as i have soft water with an EC of 0.2.

so i know powder feeding has no calcium in it as designed for hard water, i got a bottle of canna mono calcium 15% calicum but not sure at what level to use it with powder feeding calcium say 1-2mls per lt, so i been using it with plain water at 0.5ml a lt but after 4 feeds it started to cause mag lock out,

now i got the new feeds, just wanted to know if any one can help advise on it, cheers in advance for any help on this matter

hi man, from what i saw the girls mainly seem to miss the cal and mag once the flowering starts and pump more energy unless you give them some long veg period then it will surely ask for it before, and also i don't think you will need to add it at every watering once a week i think should be enough to start and maybe increase a little when you see she wants more.

Good luck and check around the forum we have a few members using RO water or soft water you might find some tips there ;)

well the 2.5ml has caused some serious mag issues twisted dried leaves folding it and preying for mag on my GWS, probably made worse as the root mass was not the biggest, the have had a water, and next feed going to get just short flowering feed and no adding calcium to it, when i do use cal now it going to be 0.5ml to 10lts, and once a week as dust advised, onwards and upwards