Big Bang geting sick

anguscr

Hello people... A Big Bang that I have in vege for 11 weeks is showing some weird dark spots in the leafs, I changed the solution yesterday & increase the EC=1.55 but wanted to post since could not find out whats going on.

Here is the Big Bang plant.

Big%20Bang%20a%20enfermeria.JPG

Here the lower leafs wich are the ones geting this weird spots & the die very slow.

Hoja%20con%20manchas.JPG

Hoja%20con%20manchas%203.JPG

Her roots are long but not as white & bright as the Withe Widow whos roots I pruned.

Roots.JPG

Roots%202.JPG

Actually the roots look kind of brownish but I dont know if prune them will help.

Today I saw some little dark spots in the steam that freak me out since they look similar to the ones on the leafs

Steam%20spots.JPG

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest samuelo
Angus - I would remove the effected leaves, you should still have plenty enough leaves on plant for harvest and give a good flush for a couple of days

could possibly be a bug called thrips or some potassium problem - i am not so sure as i have never experienced this before - good luck though confused_smile.gif

Guest superbluehaze

your roots need oxygen, my friend

cut your watering cycle back so the roots get some air.

Your plant is showing all the signs of over watering.

Put more air pumps in your nutrient chamber.

if you do this, my friend;, she will come back nicely ;

the roots are sick, the discoloration is from lack of oxygen.

Can yoi transplant her into a pot. i will check back to see how it goes. I know you have your heart set on using this system(nutrient film) but I think it will give you more problems than it is worth. Cannabis does not like its roots to be wet all the time; I know the theory that if there is enough dissolved oxygen in the water the roots will stay healthy, and in most cases this is probably right, but not with certain strains of cannabis. Most strains of Cannabis need heaps of oxygen around the root zone, and the roots need that wet and dry cycle for the plant to stay happy. we will sort it out mate, do not worry, john

this may help my friend,

http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/hydrogen-peroxide-and-its-use-growing

Hello people... After all your comments & chat with John who always insisted me about the watering cycle in more than one occasion plus Jango very valuable advice I did some research about it & did the following changes:

1-Added 2 more air stones.

2-Establish a 30 off 15 on cycle, I started with a 15 on 15 off & adjusted (still observing every day.)

3-Placed down to the floor the systems since they were on a plastic table & red on Ed's Closet cultivator that when are located down in the floor it helps cooling the system.

4- Took out the leafs that were in very bad shape.

By doing # 2 & 3 the temp of the reservoir when down to 19.03C.

The reaction of the Big Bang has been very fast, check out the pics.

Big%20Bang%20in%20Vege%2009%2011%202010.

Big%20Bang%20in%20Vege%2009%2011%202010%

Her roots.

Big%20Bang%20in%20Vege%20roots%2009%2011

Big%20Bang%20in%20Vege%20roots%2009%2011

Seems that is working ok, but any suggestion is welcome my friends.

Thank you all.

Guest superbluehaze

It is up to you, my friend, but you may need an anit fungal agent to get rid of the spots on the leaves and the stem.

She is has improved out of sight,

great stuff, my friend.

see how now she looks engorged; that is what you want my friend,soon you may find drops of water on the leaves -do not worry!it means she is really powering, the osmotic pressure is that good, water is coming out of the leaves;not much and just here and there;then you know she is really loving it.happy harvest,john

Hello people...After doing all things mentioned above with the exception of the watering cycle witch I programmed 15 min on 15 min off since is the one that seems to like her; in just 5 days the results seems very positive.

Big%20Bang3%2014%2011%202010%20%288%29.J

Big%20Bang3%2014%2011%202010%20%285%29.J

Her old roots are getting new thin white hairs & the new root development looks good but still far from healthy, hope gets better during the week, after all it has been 5 days only.

Big%20Bang%20roots%2014%2011%202010%20%2

We'll see ho she does during the week, thanks to all.

Hi Tokage & Romeu… She’s doing better, hope she’ll be fully back in a week or 2, I did several things,

1-Added 2 more air stones & 1 pump.

2-Establish a 15 off 15 on cycle, I started with a 15 on 30 off & adjusted (still observing every day.)

3-Placed down to the floor the systems since they were on a plastic table & read on Ed's Closet Cultivator book that when systems are located down in the floor it helps cooling the system.

4- Took out the leafs that were in very bad shape.

By doing # 2 & 3 the temp of the reservoir when down to 19.03C. What is definitely working is the 15 off 15 on cycle since the roots are getting more oxygen.

Thank you for stopping by my friends.