GMA first grow

GMA

I am growing for the first time curious on the results of growing indoors in the 5 gallon smart pots with 2 300W LED'S. So far my temps. are staying around 77 during lights on and 67 at night. Growing in Happy frog, should I give nutes during flowering stage? Oh, I have 2 black indica and one bubblegum all are in week two of flowering.

• Like 1

Hi GMA, welcome to forum :)

If you wish you can use some deade flowering fertilizer now. Some people, also use an extra contribution of PK from the fourth week of flowering.

I attach links where you can view the products. In a short time, there will also be a new range BIO

http://greenhousefeeding.com/

In the grow  room, you can also get information from other growers. You can see photos, etc ...

Enjoy the forum!

In my humble opinion, Ocean Forest and Happy Frog are some of the best, if not THE best soils available in the west-coast American market.  So you started out right-on.

I have heard that these soils contain enough nutrients to carry the plant all the way to harvest on their first use.  If you wish to really push the plant, then you can do like Jose said, but remember, too much fertilizer can do damage, whereas too little doesn't cause damage, rather, causes the plant to show its desire for more via signs.  If you decide to push the girls, I would recommend doing so with weak solutions of the added nutrients at first.  If it looks as if the plants can use more, then bump it up a notch the next feeding.

But also remember, the plants will need a flush 3 or 4 weeks before harvest, so everything above what the plant can possibly use will be wasted.  The flush is necessary to wash away the salts and the excessive nutrients from the soil so that the plant can rid itself of salts and excessive nutrients from its tissues over those last weeks, otherwise the smoke will be harsh, hard to burn and bad-tasting.

If you re-use the soils, you may need to moderately use nutrients at that time, but after a few uses, you need to reckon that the soil contains too much salts, and it would need to be thrown into the composter or into the yard to feed the garden.

By the way, the GreenHouse BIO feeds that Jose mentioned look extremely promising in the initial test grows.  They are a brand-new release over here, so it might take a while for them to reach the American market through the re-sellers there.

Welcome to StrainHunters, GMA.

You have eyes on the plants, so only you can answer that question.  Over time, you will learn to 'read the plants'.

You should copy some charts or articles from the internet into your library in your computer, then print them out to put in your grow-room folder for your use to diagnose problems on-the-spot.  To find those articles and charts, use google and search for "how to diagnose cannabis deficiencies"  or "chart of cannabis problems" or similar searches.  With these charts and articles, you can see for yourself what problems the plant is indicating to you, and then you can take corrective action.