La Blanca Gold & Bona DEA CBD

Squale

Hi guys,

I would like to know if any of you had grew these two strains:

La Blanca Gold

Bona DEA CBD 

I am staying under the tropics and I am planning to grow them outdoor. Little to say I am not a big fan of fertiliser unless they are bio and where I am living, we don't have nice shops with all sorts of nutrients to choose from. So my plan is to make my own soil... And will have a look on what can I use to make a natural nutrient for my future girls.

Does anyone have info on how they perform, what am I suppose to expect and from a smoker point of view how is the smoke and high...

Thank you in advance.

Squale.

I've never been to northern Cambodia, so I don't know what the soils are like there.  Cannabis needs a spectrum of nutrients not dissimilar to tomatos as well as some micro-minerals, and it needs the right pH in order to take-up those nutrients. (There are charts available online which display the relationship of pH levels and their affects on nutrient-uptake for cannabis.  Search for "cannabis pH and nutrients (minerals)" and you should certainly find them. 

The suggestion to use leaf-compost from the forest floor is certainly a good start if the forest is a decidious woodland as found in many parts of North America or Europe.  But I do not know if the leaf-compost of the floor of a rainforest jungle of Cambodia contains everything needed.  I had heard that compost found on jungle forest floors are metabolized so fast that there is virtually nothing left in a very short period of time.  But you need to start somewhere.

There are also some nice guides found online which can aid you in determining which minerals are missing from your soil mixes.  By observing the leaves' discolorations and shapes, and comparing against the pictures in those guides, many deficiencies or toxicities can be determined and corrected.  Search for "cannabis problems and solutions", and some good guides should pop up.

Additionally, cannabis needs oxygen at the roots and doesn't like to sit in water, so whatever soil mixture you do come up with, make sure that it drains well (using perlite or lavarocks or some other porous granulate that remains rather neutral nutrient-wise).  For your environment, I would not recommend the use of vermiculite because it would hold too much water at the roots.  Vermiculite is useful in very dry environments where the soil/pots dry-out too fast.

Sorry, I havent had the pleasure of growing those strains either.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your wise advise, I have here on the market what looks like a decent type of compost readily available, doing my own as well on the side with garden waste and kitchen waste but that will take time to be ready but I still need to find out what it's made off... We don't have perlite available at least not to my knowledge but I have coco coir so all of that with my garden soil should do the trick. As I said in my thread " Time to start" I am planning to have them in a DIY airpot made out of empty fabric bag of rice since we can't find all the goodies like you guys we have to adapt isn't it ?

I will do my research as for the organic nutrients I would like to use... 

I am aware of PH level so I should be testing one way or another to match the require needs of my babies...

I got 5 seeds of each and I am not intending to sprout them at once, since growing outdoor bring bigger plants therefore bigger yield, one or two seeds of each strains will be sufficient as I can do clowning as well...

Again I am planning to grow local Sativas as well so I should have more then enough to keep going for a while.

If all goes to plan... We never know!!

Squale.

" We don't see the World as it is, We see the world as they are!"

I will have to wait most probably another month as the weather is still freaky hot with high up humidity and in any case I am not yet ready so all good.

funny enough I found a little bottle with 164 seeds that I had completely forgot about. The story is while I was living in the UAE, I did scored some weed and they were full of seeds so I gathered them and stach them away in the lighter pocket of one of my jeans... 

Today decided to take them old jeans out to make some Bermuda short out of them and to my surprise I found them... So the strain is unknown but I would guess 4 locations where this weed might have come from:

Marocco (far away for weed, more hash in that case but you never know)

Lebanon

Iran

Afganistan

could anyone have a guess on the origins when see the plant itself?

Anyway let's see as they'll grow and maybe you guys can have a wild guess...

Cheers.

Squale.

"We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are!"

image.jpeg

Hi

Im loving your input to the forum bro, the ants are crazy. i was just about to reply about a statment you made-

I got 5 seeds of each and I am not intending to sprout them at once, since growing outdoor bring bigger plants therefore bigger yield, one or two seeds of each strains will be sufficient as I can do clowning as well...

Again I am planning to grow local Sativas as well so I should have more then enough to keep going for a while

You probablly know this already and maynot be as big of a deal as i first though but here goes

the 2 strains you have i presume they are hybrids if you are unlucky enough to get these pollenated by local sativas

PLEASE be very carefull with the seeds,now you have found some more. Id love to be in your shoes however same applies

be careful with any males and seeds you make, i cant explain the importance of this enough.

I really hope someone takes over from this and give better explaination

Peace bro and cant wait for this grow

• Like 1

I am trying to put my head around your warning? If you are afraid that my good feminised seed might get pollinated from local strain, I do not think that nearby we have a grow op going on... After all these guys here won't really bother growing it unless they are in the proper rural area... But I think this may apply more or less everywhere in the world as outdoor growing. But again you never know... Another cool dude may grow next door in his garden, very little I can do about that unfortunately.

Or maybe you mention to be careful with the product that will result in breeding those strains together, to make sure they don't go sprouting in the wild and contaminate the endenginous plants?

As for the batch I just found, I am going to be very careful as not to have males when I don't want them around and basically when I will decide to do some breeding experience, I will confind it in the indoors just to be able to contain it as opposed to go crazy with experimenting in the open.

in any case my aim is to have a good plant of each strain I have, the weak or male from the bulk I just found will of course be discarded...

Breeding time is for later! Now will be good flower production in the most natural way possible...

Squale.

Edited by Squale
  • Like 1

No Sir, I unfortunately do not have any pics of the local strains... I need to go around in the country side and check for myself...

The only thing I can share is a picture of dried buds full of seeds I got last November before I headed to Thailand and back to Europe but that won't tell you much.

As soon as I have some I will post them for sure!

Squale.

I just wanna make a little precision on what I stated yesterday in regards of the very unlikely chances to have a neighbourg who might grow and eventually pollinating my feminised seeds...

What I meant is the weed is so cheap and available here that no locals or even foreigner would bother to grow in their backyard garden... It only take a crazy white boy like me to venture putting time growing only few plants for my own satisfaction... So yes it's very unlikely to have a neighbourg growing for sure... 

The farmer will do it on a bigger scale and guerrila style without pulling the males out, sun dry them... Which will result in harsh smoke, stocky and full of seeds, don't get me wrong, it is still smokable of course but the quality is soo poor.

Let me do a comparison here for the novice... I am originated from a country who produce more then 2000 homemade beers, in beers you have different qualities obviously, different strength, so let's compare a nice Duvel beers against a stupid Carapils you can buy in a supermarket, it's day an night!

you can still get wrecked on Carapils but it will take you 2 crates of 24 cans to get there as opposed to 8 bottles of Duvel...

I am 100% convince the local strain is fantastic if grown properly, seedless and cured the way we all know...

So in my project I should be fine growing outdoors.

Now as for what Old Head try to explain me, being careful with the result of my experimental breeding, not to spread the result seeds in the region as they are not naturally growing here and might disrupt the well balanced nature. My only aim is to see what can result from breeding.

I had question GreenHouse seeds company on this and the answer was a bit elusive because I guess there is no Golden rules in this process...

My question was what strain will be more dominant in breeding for example a Male Indica with a Female Sativa or breeding a Male Sativa with a Female Indica. The answer was: " like humans there is no sure thing" but to my knowledge and experience being born in Africa and knowing a lot of mix couples, being in a mix couple myself with the wife being Philippina... Most of the time the Cocasian genes are present but dominated by either African blood of the partner or in my case the Asian blood from my wife, my son is clearly a mix between Cocasian and Asian but have more of the Asian side to him. This is why my questioning in which of the Strain might be more dominant in a cross breeding.

Anyway all of this will be for a later stage. Not ready to breed for now.

Cheers.

Squale.

• Like 1

Squale,

Your mix-couples friend is right.  Crossing unlike-race genetics within the same species can produce a wide spectrum of differences in the new-born individuals.  Under normal circumstances, the resulting embryo is created through the splicing together of half of each DNA strand donated by each zygote at the time the egg is fertilized.  There are also mathematicly-based sets of rules/theories/hypotheses formulated among geneticists which they use to try to predict outcomes, and they present those outcomes in probability percentiles for one trait or another.  The formulas even take into consideration dominance among some traits (such as, among humans, brown-eye trait is dominant over blue-eye trait, etc.).  We see that in humans and it is no different than the same phenomenon found in breeding of races of other animals (commonly seen by us are the crossing of breeds of dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.).  (The geneticist rules normally apply, as long as they are of the same species [excluding mutations], otherwise, by unlike species, if inter-species fertilization is possible, a hybrid-form is likely to occur.  Among lions and tigers, for example, there are two hybrid forms that exist, and that hybrid-form is determined whether the lion is the female or the male in the pairing.  One is called the Tigon, the other is called a Liger, I think.  That is easily googled.)

The same is true with plants.  Crossing dissimilar races within the species (when allowing numerous flowers to be pollinated) will normally produce a multitute of different phenotypes among the many seeds that become produced.  I am not certain, but I think with Cannabis, it is not important whether the male is Indica & female is Sativa or vice-versa, but I could be wrong.  I do know this however:  Creating seeds via the maleXfemale will always produce seeds that exhibit a wide variety of phenos when they are grown.

All the above does not take into consideration the many additional influences that may cause variations aside from the normal zygote-pairing rules.  Evolution has bestowed all life on earth with the ability to change via mutations.  Everything on earth is bombarded by radiation of many different wavelengths.  From the wonderful spectrum of our sun to the higher frequency radiation from the cosmos.  Depending on the strength, duration, wavelength, these forms of energy can cause changes to the DNA of individual cells when the radiation strikes the DNA chain itself.  Not saying that the DNA-change of a single cell changes the overall organism.  Most likely, the affected cell would die because the change was disadvantageous.  But if the same DNA-changing bombardment occurred to a zygote (sperm-cell productive tissue or the egg-producing ovaries, or the individual sperm or egg itself), it is possible that the zygote could remain viable until its union with the other zygote, thus resulting in a successfully mutated embryo.  Again, the survival of the embryo depends on whether the mutation is survivable against its environment.

Thankfully Nature has also provided us with the atmosphere that reflects or absorbs most of the harmful radiation, otherwise the mutations of life-forms could be so numerous or too disruptive that individual species wouldn't be able to come into being.  But our planet Earth did bring about an environment that had resulted in time-periods where evolution could exist in stability.  Of course, the planet's environment has also changed many many times in the past resulting in mass extinctions.  Continuously changing environments produce advantages for some life-forms and disadvantages for other life-forms.  And so it goes today and will continue to the ultimate end of Earth's existance within the Life-Zone around the Sun.  So, mutations via radiation do contribute to differences aside from the phenotypes that occur according to the "normal" formulated rules of crossing.

But there are even more causes of mutation.  We all have heard about the possibility of Chromosomes being altered via LSD.  And that is often debated.  LSD is more than just an acid, it is chemically very closely related to Amino Acids / protiens, theoretically the building-blocks of life.  Many acids/protiens are found in biological processes.  And they do have many functions at the cellular level.  I wouldn't doubt at all that there is the possibility that various acids/protiens could affect not only the function within cells, but also could have DNA-altering functions.

And not just amino acids, environmental poisons may also create the conditions for chromosomal changes.

Back to cannabis.  A breeder wishing to produce a stabilized super-strain from a maleXfemale crossing has a long road ahead of him.  Through repeated selection of the best phenos (or rejection of phenos with undesired characteristics), repeated cloning and so on, the breeder is seeking to wind-up with THE female plant that he wants to stabilize.  By forcing the female to cross with herself, and again back-crossing against the same genetics (clones of her and of her clone-babies, a process that may need to be repeated over several years), he can finally produce seeds of the exact same genetics (or so he hopes).  That is called isolating a strain.  When he has succeeded in creating cloned females that readily lend themselves to being forced to produce male pollen sacks containing her female genetics, and they readily cross with other females of the same genetics, and their seeds reliably produce the desired characteristics and reliably produce female plants that do not hermie on their own, then he has succeeded in creating a stabilized feminized batch of seeds.

• Like 1

Alright so today I found what this what I though nice compost soil was made off.

This compost is made out of rice husk on which they throw lime in order to accelerate the process so I don't think that is very rich at all... So I will most probably add grounded banana peels ( which they use here as an additif for good healthy plants), grounded egg shell, coco coir for aeration and water retention.

I will do my research on my side but if any of you guys have any ideas of what else can I add to it, think natural guys, I do not have access to stuff like you do so I have to go organic all the way. And in any case at least on my point of view it's organic the way I want to go... Can't be asked to deal with chemical stuff.

thanks in advance.

Squale.

image.jpeg

Thank you very much Professor  Cannabissapean, bloody hell thats an extensive explaination! Thank you for taking the time writing it! Well appreciate. That said, I was not assuming that all was that simple as my own interpretation of cross breeding for sure, and I am not intending to create The plant, I was just curious to see what could I probably expect in a simple way from cross breeding one and another.

To our luck there is people out there busy on a daily basis creating strains that are useful to Medical patient in order to achieve the creation of one strain that can help certain patient and so on... So far I am lucky ( touch wood) I do not have a medical condition notion my self that require me to use certain type of strain...

I am a recreational user only and if in the process it do good to my body (which it does) it's all good to me.

In my many years of travelling overseas, I never encounter shitty weed or hash, only back in Europe I had this problem mainly because home grown in not so good conditions probably, harvested to early probably for cash crop,  not flush correctly surely so I don't really complain, I am not really that anal saying this and that on types of weed, they all do good to me. Of course there is weed stronger then others or tastier then other, not discussing that, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, one thing we tend to forget it's just a weed and nothing more ( which happen to have a psychoactive effect on us, thank F... For that!!) in that perspective I want to approach this the easiest way possible with the less amount of headache possible.

Life is simple, we should look at it that way and stop making all sorts of shenanigans, rules are simple: good lights, good soil and plain fresh water and let the nature go it's course... That's my idea of a good garden. 

If it works fine for those using all sorts of chemical and stuff, well that's their choice and good for them,  who am I to criticise? To each one its own choice.

Regards.

Squale.

I was going to suggest some form of manure.  Guano from bats can be a bit "hot" (strong).  For that matter, the excrement from nearly any animal (except regular soil-worms) is too strong to add directly to your soil for immediate use.  Worm-castings are one of the absolute best amendments to any soil, and they can be used immediately without further processing or waiting.

I would suggest your collecting various forms of manure, mixing them well into a composter with your vegetable-based scraps from the kitchen and table as well as yard-waste (leaves and grass-clippings), and allowing the worms to work on it for a year or so.  I know that doesnt help in the immediate term, but once the composter is started, you will then have a never-ending supply of compost and worm castings.

Sources of manure? 

Horse, cow, virtually any grazing animal.  (Not the manure from any animal that eats flesh: cats, dogs, pigs, people, etc.)  Manure from grazing animals is "hot" when fresh, but normally if it is allowed to dry-out completely in the sun, it can be sparingly mixed into soil for immediate use.  I would still recommend storing the soil/manure mixture moist and covered for about a week or two.  It is even better if during those couple weeks a gray mold forms over the surface of the soil.  (edit: Sometimes if you're lucky, you get white or yellow lanes of mold, then wait for the pin-tops...

Guano from bats, chickens, pigeons, seabird colonies(fish-eaters) can also be used, but they are very hot if fresh.  These sources need to be processed through a composter, or need to sit a good bit longer in mixed soil before they can be used for potted plants.

I have seen a video somewhere where there are pigeon-raisers who use the droppings from their pigeon houses for the garden.  They mixed the collected droppings first into containers of their soil and sand and store it for a period of time.  Some of this sand/guano mixture is later tilled into the soil before planting.  And then some of the sand/guano mixture is broadcast onto the soil surface during the bloom and fruiting time.

Personally, I had used a trailer-load of chicken droppings to till directly into my garden about 30 years ago.  I learned that year how "hot" it could be.  I planted a couple weeks after the tilling, but virtually nothing could survive the extreme nutrients.  However, the following year was a bumper crop of vegetables.  I had simply used too much and I had not allowed time for it to "cool".

• Like 1

Cannabisapean, thanks again for your input, totally agree with you this stuff such as guano is strong and I have decided to avoid not much because it's a hot stuff to work with but more for the diseas aspect of it, unfortunately in my region here it is very much advise to stay far far away from it as it is not treated, almost straight from the bats's ass... And contain a lot of different diseases including rabies and stuff... I was suggested to treat it before use and handle it with caution, we have this year a high mortality of babies and adult bats due to the heat waves and authorities have warned the general public not to try helping the babies they might still find alive in parks. They say "Do not touch any of them!" So my second choice will be chicken manure.

Indeed making compost will take time and for this year culture I won't be able to use my own... I have used 2 big containers where my kitchen waste and garden waste are stored but this is only temporarily... I am purchasing Bamboo to build little walls and have designated an area in the garden for my compost.

For this year growing session I will need to purchase proper soil from Bangkok as we don't have that at least in my town, it's on 14hrs trip by bus lol or an hour by plane... But taking the plane for few bag of soil it's a bit much, yes this is why I keep on saying, we might be in a beautiful part of the world but we don't have access to what you guys have access like 10-30 mins drive lol even for a proper bag of soil. That said I will probably ask the guy I know that runs a plant nursery to get me bags as he is doing frequently trips to Thailand bringing flowers and garden equipments.

i will be curious to see the difference I'll have between this year on industrial compost and my very own next year homemade compost.

I will also have a guy coming in the garden with a garden shredder to do mulch with the tree cuttings when mango season is over and I have decided to add to that some sugar cane mulch as well... So let's see.

Here is my temporary set up for my compost till I have the designated location next to my future chicken coop area.

Squale.

image.jpeg

Do you have worms in those composters?

If not, then it might help to turn those containers upside-down onto the ground to give the worms and other critters unfettered access to the ground and to the material to be composted, then cut a hole in the bottom end of the container through which you "feed" it.  The lid can be inverted to capture as much rain as possible to be delivered to the material to be composted through small holes drilled appropriately in the lid.  I have such a composter, in fact I have 5, but the one with this shape, like yours, and flipped-over with a rain-catching lid, is the most active and productive design I have.

• Like 1

That would be a good idea indeed buddy, no worms added at the moment unfortunately but this set up is temporary as I am designating a spot next to my future chicken coop area where small containing walls made out of bamboo will be placed, the compost will be directly placed on the ground. I will post a picture when I am done with it.

Now those containers will only be use to quick store the kitchen waste so that I don't have to walk all the way for a handful of waste... 

Squale.